Author Topic: Big thanks to ddstoys for the Geelong Mini-meet  (Read 2262 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Big thanks to ddstoys for the Geelong Mini-meet
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:51:05 PM »
OK, so there was only four of us, but that's probably a sizable percentage of Geelong...  &&

Daniel was kind enough to invite Nug, Matt and me over for a couple of JW's, a couple of games, and some great pinhead conversation. Daniel lives in "Coin-op heaven" you name it - anything that takes coins, he's got it! (Yes, including the condom vending machine!!   :lol)

Great to meet another pin head in person. Even got to play a few games on the legendary Riviera! What a nudge-lover's delight that game is! There's three lane guide type exits between the two tiny flippers (which are spaced miles apart), so part of the way to play the game is to use the rubbers on the posts at the end of those guides to keep the ball bouncing across them and over to a flipper, so lots of nudging and shaking to keep it in. Loved it! Imagine, someone sold it for like $137.00 dollars - what was he thinking??   !*!

Looks like Nug is holding the next one - Matt and Daniel are being taken into the inner sanctum - yes that's right - they have been invited into the Pinball Non-factory for a game on Coconut Island! Can't wait to see what they think - they will be the first outsiders to see the beast in person. Should be fun!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Big thanks to ddstoys for the Geelong Mini-meet
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:58:33 PM »
Nice, can't wait for some mini (and mega) meets to start happening in Melbourne.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »

So when do the Non Pinball Factory Tours for the public start ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 11:05:47 PM »
Thanks Nick
                      Im glad you enjoyed it
 Daniel

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 11:07:31 PM »
Thanks Nick  

That's not the name you put in your mobile phone for me!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:35 AM »
Yes, thankyou Daniel for inviting us into your home.
What a great collection of coin op gear.  It was great playing a few EMs as I have not played many before.  Looks like you have enough projects to keep you busy for the next few years!
Great to meet you, and look forward to doing it again!

Very very excited to get an invite from Nug to be one of the first to sample Coconut Island! Cant wait to see all the blood, sweat and beers that have been poured into getting it up and running.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:53:05 AM by ktm450 »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 04:11:44 PM »
Yes Matt
                  Im also excited i have a leave pass aswell so ill be there for sure so long as its ok with Nug if i bring my kid along $#$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »
You're on your own boys - I got drafted into a family do Thursday night, so have fun!

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 06:12:21 PM »
Tuff break NICK PITT ( is that better lol )  Families do seem to be the main thing draggin us away from our hobbies usually kicking and screaming like a spoilt little kid lol