Author Topic: Bally Camelot  (Read 433 times)

Offline lanternau

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Bally Camelot
« on: January 25, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »
Hey Guys, Got me a Bally Camelot EM . I am trying to track down schematics for this beasty. I have tried all the likely suspects online ...no job.  Hope someone can help me out. ^&^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Bally Camelot
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
Ill take a look for you &&

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 07:23:21 AM »
Cheers , really appreciate it

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:03:43 PM »
All good ..got one from US..Mmmm they are strange critters over there. Old EM is now working 100% ( ish) . Great game ! Skill shots are bloody hard. Got a local artist coming around to paint up the old girl to its original state..I will post pics. Gez i have had so much fun sorting things out .. Relays, broken wires, dodgy switches........more dodgy switches.  $#$ $&&

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »
These 4 player Ballys are very complicated mechanically. But once you get them going, they are very reliable. Collectors love the Gottlieb 4 Players, but I much prefer the Ballys.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Austwide

• Forum Posts:
  • Frankston
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 11:18:26 AM »
Hi Guys, new here.

I am also after a Camalot schematic if anyone has one.

I purchased one of the internet, but turned out to be in German and I can't read it.

Hope you can help.

Andy

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:23:53 AM »
I think that Pinball Resource may have it ;

http://www.pbresource.com/mansch.html
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 12:18:04 PM »
I got my schematic from a dude in the US . Here is his email ( MGPACAK@aol.com). Took a month an a half to get it though.  How is your Camelot going? Just finished getting mine up and going.Three days before it bloody turned up.I have had to fix/ adjust just about everything in this old girl.Is there a particular problem? Maybe I can be of assistance ...If not I am sure other guys here would be happy to help. Great game to play!! Just need to find some one with the stencils or the the ability to replicate original artwork

Offline Austwide

• Forum Posts:
  • Frankston
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 11:48:05 PM »
Hi Guys
I put the Camelot repairs on the back burner for now as it is playable but has lots of little bugs. eg players 2 & 3 get 100 points not the 10 due each time, post won't go down, etc. it needs time but I am a bit short on time lately.

Any spare time is now being spent on sorting out a Playmatic Black Flag. Once again a schematic would be great, but I have just about nutted it out after spending too much time that I didn't have.

Back to the Camelot, my artwork is not great but if you need any photos with dimensions, let me know.

Cheers
Andy

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 08:06:35 AM »
I have a  copy of the Camelot Schematics. I am away till next week but could take a photo and email them to to if you like when I get back. Just finished my Camelot. All working 100% ( for now) and repainted it . There is a photo online and I worked out scaling etc . Cut out stencils and got stuck in . Never done anything like this before. Turned out ok.( see pic) What condition is your machine in ? Love to see it. There is one thing I would be interested in seeing is the bell. The one in mine is bloody massive. ...not the original, Even when dampened sounds like St Paul's cathedral. Would like to replace with original or similar but have no idea what it looks like.

Offline Austwide

• Forum Posts:
  • Frankston
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 11:26:02 PM »
Thanks a photo of the schematic would be really great, as in my first post I have a German schematic but can't read wire colors, or relays or counters etc.
Mine had the bell missing when I got it, but I am going to try a steel post cap (Bunnings or steel suppliers) as per the original setup. This link shows the number match counter with bell attached, the whole catalogue is pretty handy too.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1971/index.html#/73/zoomed#/73/zoomed

My machine is a German model with an English backglass which has top and bottom peeling. The playfield is in German, ie POST is called TOR etc. Condition overall maybe a 6 or 7/10.

The cabinet paint is not too bad for its age , but at the top sides of the back have been repaired and not painted (small area).

Reading above makes it sound pretty bad, but its not that bad. Great to hear what you have done, its a good feeling to kick a few goals on these machines, but must be great to win the game.

Cheers
Andy

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 11:44:32 PM »
I used this site to translate German to English when working on the RALLY COMICS. I managed to fix the game using it, but it does come up with some funny translations as it is very literal..

Good luck!

http://translation.babylon.com/german/to-english/

Offline Austwide

• Forum Posts:
  • Frankston
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
Thanks Retro, I see what you mean but it gives an idea. I think it will take a little while to do.
Hopefully I will get some photos and be able to mark up my schematic from them, if not...
Cheers
Andy

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »
I have taken a few pics of the Schematics for you .they are in fairly hi res don't reckon you could read them if i posted here as they would get shrunk down. If you private message me I will send them to your email . Then you will be able to print / enlarge etc.  ^^^