Author Topic: Do you like guitar?  (Read 1125 times)

Offline pinballnz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • New Zealand
    • Pinball NZ
Do you like guitar?
« on: February 09, 2014, 12:47:35 PM »
Hi guys

just got one of my last imports up and going. 1987 Bally's Heavy Metal Meltdown.
It does have the boom box on top but the speakers have been disconnected- a job for another day!
I had never played one but took a punt when I saw one for sale after reading a bit about the game.

My collection has a large gap after 1982 until 1992. So this fits the bill nicely.

The sound is predominantly guitar riff but when you hit different switches the riff/ music changes.

Overall I'm really enjoying  this game, you can get a 5 ball multiball or you can store the balls and knock them out onto the playfield one at a time. I've only managed to knock one out but I'm not that good a player!

Anyone else played one of these? Your thoughts?

Regards
Clive

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Do you like guitar?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:05:19 PM »
This is one machine which polarises opinions. Turn it up and enjoy for what the machine was built to be. A relatively low production run and I think you have a good keeper that nicely fills your 80s gap.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 01:05:32 PM »

Not a lot of these around - I played one years ago, and loved the guitar riffs and the Boombox Radio Topper. Can't recall much of the gameplay though.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 05:15:22 PM »
I had never seen or heard of this game before.  Just watch a youtube vid of it - Classic!

It looks/sounds right up my alley, nice pick up!