Author Topic: Unity3D + Visual PinMAME = "Unit3D Pinball"  (Read 5470 times)

Offline Shaneus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Unity3D + Visual PinMAME = "Unit3D Pinball"
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:54:51 PM »
So basically, someone's pretty much combined the best of Future Pinball (the 3D-ness of it) and combined it with Visual PinMAME emulation. The physics so far are head and shoulders above basically every other single pinball emulator/app around, despite there needing to be some obvious tweaking. Looks fantastic as well, blows TPA out of the water IMO (just ignore the overuse of bloom in all the demonstration videos, I dial it right back to nothing).

Currently the following machines have been emulated/produced:
Dr. Dude
Black Knight 2000
Indiana Jones (WMS)
Scared Stiff
The Addams Family
Class of 1812

Check out videos and other stuff here. I think it requires an already set up installation of Visual PinMAME with ROMs etc. (as long as you own all the machines you have ROMs for, yada yada). At any rate, it's good that the majority of the tables are also in TPA so you can compare them directly... and see just how far ahead of Farsight these guys are, despite only being in alpha!

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: Unity3D + Visual PinMAME = "Unit3D Pinball"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 11:23:49 PM »
This looks cool. I am planning a full sized emulator machine and may consider this engine.  I have played Visual PinMAME for a number of years in the past on desktop PCs and many table rendering and emulations were true and accurate to the real machines. This 3D takes it to a new level again.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline soundasleep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Unity3D + Visual PinMAME = "Unit3D Pinball"
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 01:50:31 AM »
I had a quick play around with this about a month ago. Visually it's amazing but it's clearly still pre-Alpha and I didn't have time to get it running properly on a cab.

Really should give it another go...