Author Topic: Is your Wife, hot or not when it comes to  (Read 378 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Is your Wife, hot or not when it comes to
« on: March 18, 2014, 05:37:53 PM »
Is your Wife, hot or not when it comes to you buying a pinball machine >?

It would be good to see what sort of percentages of wives do actually support the hobby, but also, are as keen to look at wats coming out next with Stern, or if she looks at the for sale sections etc.

Any stories to tell ?

My recent x-wife only was positive when I bought scary themed titles like  >

Frankenstein, Tales from the Crypt, A Nightmare on Elm Street,etc

Who''s wife is IN the hobby and very supportful to the point she wants to collect as well ?
Any stories would be interesting ......
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Is your Wife, hot or not when it comes to
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 05:59:39 PM »
My girlfriend loves them as much as I do. Wants to have her own collection and even compiled her own list in order of title importance. Supports the progression of the collection and the infrastructure needed to accommodate them. Cleans plastics and does art on my restores/ gives advice. Happy to watch and listen to all the pinball related crap I involve her in.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 07:13:45 PM »
My girlfriend loves them as much as I do. Wants to have her own collection and even compiled her own list in order of title importance. Supports the progression of the collection and the infrastructure needed to accommodate them. Cleans plastics and does art on my restores/ gives advice. Happy to watch and listen to all the pinball related crap I involve her in.

That's excellent. do u like the titles she likes, and so forth, or does she have a different set of machines in mind.
Would love to hear more. Thankyou for posting so quick.

**I am looking forward to some of the "its not mine, I am just storing for a friend,lol, he said I could play it, really he did".
or the sneak one more machine into the line up, say nothing at all, then wait to see how long the wife took to say ""wait on, theres one to many".

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:43:04 PM »
I only started in the hobby as my wife two birthdays back asked for one for her present.. Well she unleashed a monster as had seven machines 18 months later but she didn't complain...

My wife seems to like the stern titles more than me, I am not that interested preferring 90s williams/bally titles, which she mostly likes too, though she doesn't like horror themes like BSD..

Only problem is although I am grand champion on BSD and JD she holds that title on Tron and Shadow..   @.@

She obviously has no issue with me buying more machines as she gets to play them. She doesn't help much with restores, not in the slightest interest unless I ask her to help me with something (like applying decals which I find easier with two people).
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:58:53 PM »
I only started in the hobby as my wife two birthdays back asked for one for her present.. Well she unleashed a monster as had seven machines 18 months later but she didn't complain...

My wife seems to like the stern titles more than me, I am not that interested preferring 90s williams/bally titles, which she mostly likes too, though she doesn't like horror themes like BSD..

Only problem is although I am grand champion on BSD and JD she holds that title on Tron and Shadow..   @.@

She obviously has no issue with me buying more machines as she gets to play them. She doesn't help much with restores, not in the slightest interest unless I ask her to help me with something (like applying decals which I find easier with two people).

u have a great wife. its this sort of feedback that Stern and the other makers would love to hear more about, more ladies in pinball.

I wonder if ever Stern would do a title aimed at the female market, but still catch the eye of the male market, anyone got any ideas on that one ?>  !@#

Offline greenechidna

• Forum Posts:
  • straight down the guts
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »
Carolyn  loves them and has been encouraging me since I started. We attended both Pinfests and are daily players when we get the chance.
The only restraint on me is no more machines till the games room gets sorted.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 10:42:11 PM »
Well sorry to say, so far im the odd one out. my wife hates them with a vengence.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 10:51:40 PM »
Well sorry to say, so far im the odd one out. my wife hates them with a vengence.

Mine doesnt hate them - but has little interest in them  !!!
DW Drums rule !

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
I don't have or want one. So WHO CARES!  @@* ha ha ha
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
Mmmmm, so u wont be donating to the RSPCA this year, cause you have no pussy in the house.

Wow, I am the same for the first time in 43 years.lol  %.%

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »

That's excellent. do u like the titles she likes, and so forth, or does she have a different set of machines in mind.
Would love to hear more. Thankyou for posting so quick.

I pretty much love any pinball - as does she but really favours anything with a gloomy/scary/dark theme to it. So from memory, BK2000, Seawitch, Genesis, Dracula etc etc all feature on that list of hers. Only ones she's not a fan of is the new Sterns. Of the opinion that they are cheaply made and photoshopped art. Metallica was noted as being better in the art than others.