Author Topic: Hey Nick, Hey Nino, Hey who-ever does this part of the forum, and members !  (Read 345 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Just a small technical question from the I.T side of things.

When u open Aussie Pinball, and ou look at the area where all the sponsored peoples websites/pictures are located (Wottos website is n top) then Kevs is underneath it, with Gavs stencils to the left and so on, is there anyway, someone can spread them all out so it looks better spaced all over the page.

I know its only a small thing, and the forum is soo great in soo many ways, but I had a mate who does web design over n I was showing him the forum, and he said " hey, how come that's not spaced out properly"?.
I have been looking at it for years n never really noticed it, but maybe it could be done when someone gets 5 minutes.

Also, there is NO website page/box link to APR (Australian Pinball Restorations) so maybe u could kill two birds with one stone Nino. Nothing for Tim, or Beaky or a few others that are listed as commercial sellers/trades etc.

Maybe this thread could serve as a ""put your name up"" section for that page.

I would like to see Swinksys(Jadys) website page for all his mods on their as well.

Just an idea, what u think guys/everyone ?  !@#  (and yes, u guys are doing a great job with the forum, thankyou. Worldwide known now).  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
OK - I'm the "IT Guy" for the site and it is my responsibility for the upkeep etc.

The forum software is VERY old - circa 2008. We are many revisions behind. The template of the forum does not allow for fancy graphics etc. We chose SMF over the other forum software as it is a lot more stable and secure. Note we have only been compromised once in our entire history. so we picked the right platform.

There will be MAJOR upgrades. Hence the addition of the Cloud Backup - which is currently working 100% and has allowed us to look towards the future knowing we can upgrade, and if there is a problem, we can roll back. I'm from an "IT" background - not Web design or implementation. My background is Operating Systems. So I'm applying my background knowledge to the Web stuff.

"Its not spaced out" - Because this version does not support embedded graphics, therefore it does not format it correctly. It has nothing to do with web design. If you look in the top left hand corner - it says "News" - there is meant to be text, but the original IT guru "Creech" developed a work around so we could add logos etc.

I cannot answer all the questions right now. What Nick and I will be doing is upgrading the software (platform). Both of us are VERY busy at the moment, but I can guarantee that the site planning is happening. Don't be concerned about the layout and graphic content, as that will all change during the upgrades - and in what way, I cannot be sure until we have done it. Upgrades often "break" things. All the mods won't work, as most mods are standard features in the software upgrades + many more features.

the most import aspect of the last six weeks has been that ALL content WILL be migrated during the process.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Thankyou Nino for your response. I fully understand now. ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Hopefully the admin interface for the new version of the software when in place will allow for banners etc (rather than the workaround). I did have a look at how this was done a week or two ago, and it would be messy to mess with it now. Otherwise, we might enlist a member with a web background, or my work web guy will be able to mod it for us if needed.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
maybe people who are running a full or part time pinball service can add their names here or contact the mods to get a position on that page when the time is right.
We have soo many aussie guys who don't have a link on that page and I think it would help them a lot with their services.

ie - Beaky, Swinksy, Nino , Tim and so on...just to name a few.

Does it cost to get on that page with a link to their website ?