Author Topic: The FASTEST and the SLOWEST pinball u have Sold or Kept !  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
The FASTEST and the SLOWEST pinball u have Sold or Kept !
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »
I see sooo many pinny titles that get purchased, only to be re-sold very soon after.

Whats the FASTEST timeframe u have sold a machine after owning it and why ? titles name ? ( kept for a day, a week, a month, and so on).

Whats the LONGEST time you have kept a machine for and why ? titles name ? ( kept for months or years)............

Any interesting stories to go with the details..... !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
I must be a tortoise as I have not sold any (I am a hoarder for sure).
I bought my Flash in 1980 and it is in pretty much original condition, which is why I am keeping it so long.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Still trying to sell a 51 HARVEY...LOL

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Quickest is either WCS94 or T3 as i only had them for about 3 months each - great to play onsite but in a small collection i found both were too easy and not deep enough. I like my machines to have modes and rules.

Longest is Shadow and i find it is a great challenge and i have had it for about 2 and a half years. It was my first machine and i cannot see me moving it on anytime soon if ever.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
It took me over twenty years of collecting before i finally offloaded a machine  :D And that was Gtb Quick Draw that i bought on a whim when it turned up for sale in a local Tender Center here. I only kept it for about six months or so, restored it then swapped it for a Bally Black Pyramid (which i still have) and some cash. It wasn't a game i ever played back in the day hence why i let it go. So it was not only the first machine i let go, it was the one i owned for the least amount of time!

I have since sold four machines in the last couple of years for various reasons, usually needing $$ for bills or other purchases.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:06:49 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
My longest kept is BSD, no plans/desire to sell it or Shadow, the fastest sold was probably RFM, once restored I sold it, only had it for a couple of months... There was one quicker, less than a week, but that was the TFTC from Bumper that went back due to *long melodrama here*.. ;-)
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline radirgyman

• Forum Posts:
My fastest pin is Tron Le.

Offline Pavlov Pinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
    • Pavlov Pinball
Fastest was a ToM. I was really excited to get it, it was in a hell of a state so I spent about a month doing it up, and once it was all working I found that although it looked nice it just didn't "take". So out it went, and in came a Luci in its place.
Editor, pavlovpinball.com

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
I just sold my Bally Black Pyramid that i mentioned earlier in this thread, had it for about 3 yrs. Sold it to a guy who was after his first pin, just something fun to play that didn't cost the earth and he took a liking to BP when i let him play it and told him that i had been thinking of selling it with an unrestored p/f but fully working.

Although i DID like BP as a player and had intended on doing its p/f up one day, it didn't fit in with the rest of my collection visually, and i really didn't like the sounds that much), and it didn't fit with my collection in the sense that the bulk of my collection are games i played a LOT back in the day (only played once or twice). It was one that i basically got on a whim, so when opportunity knocked, out it went! I have my eye on a couple of other games that will replace it when the time is right  *%* *%*

Also i had my Abracadabra and Klondike for over 20 yrs before i sold them so those two held the record for longest kept machines that i've sold.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:48:03 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Blackwater 100 I moved on pretty quickly. Hated the way it played, the bluegrass musical tune, the cheaper cabinet wood that flaked. Took a $1000 loss and got rid of it.

Black rosé was my first machine and would be very reluctant to sell. I even bought a nicer BR - did it up and sold it but still kept my original one.