Author Topic: $1200 Addams Family on Gumtree tonight  (Read 301 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
$1200 Addams Family on Gumtree tonight
« on: May 18, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »
Just saw a $1200 Addams Family on Gumtree, SA.

I rang when the ad had been up 12 min, already gone.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: $1200 Addams Family on Gumtree tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 09:11:33 PM »
$1200 Addams family bloody hell someone got them selves a bargain

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 09:31:04 PM »
Ad said it was fully working and in very good condition.

When I rang the guy said that he was surprised it had sold so quickly. He took the ad down shortly after, the phone must have been ringing non-stop.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:41:10 PM »
Ive had a similar thing happen to me... guy rang me with a Fish Tales and Addams family for sale.. asking $3000 for the 2 machines. I spoke to him for a while asking about condition etc and trying to make it sound like I was contemplating it if they were in good nick. Deal was done on the phone and im ready to get the machines ASAP.
Then he rings again and says that he has just looked up the machines on Ebay and now knows the TAF is worth about $5000... why didn't I tell him?... Deal is off.

LOL- bloody internet!

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 10:01:31 PM »
Ive had a similar thing happen to me... guy rang me with a Fish Tales and Addams family for sale.. asking $3000 for the 2 machines. I spoke to him for a while asking about condition etc and trying to make it sound like I was contemplating it if they were in good nick. Deal was done on the phone and im ready to get the machines ASAP.
Then he rings again and says that he has just looked up the machines on Ebay and now knows the TAF is worth about $5000... why didn't I tell him?... Deal is off.

LOL- bloody internet!

haha "why didn't you tell me it was worth this much?"
- because I couldn't boast to my pinball friends about the deal of the century.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
some one got under paid for their machine.
if the person who sold it was very well off and a couple of grand was no biggie then fair enough.
but if the person was selling it because they needed to pay their rego or power bill then it's a bit unfair.

Let's hope the person who bought it intends to keep it for a while and not just add a few grand on top and sell it straight away.

I would have paid the guy extra, this is why probably why I am not the greatest business man in the country, I have been told I am too honest  !@) 
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)