Author Topic: Sydney Expo Update  (Read 3844 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Sydney Expo Update
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
Great!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics of what I miised out on!! #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »
Damn...Michael Shalhoub has a spot in the local rag...Leader....and say that machines such as the Addams family are expected to fetch $8000 PLUS at the Auction on sunday....

DAMN...$8000 plus...and add buyer charges???

DAMN..glad Im not going on sunday then..lol...still maybe I should sell off the Kiss in the carpark...better be before the auction while some people still have some cash..lol
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 02:03:16 PM »
You would expect some silly pricing on some of popular games. Goodluck to em, and if buyers go in blind its their fault.
Bring the weekend on!
:)

Offline mjdoz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 02:17:07 PM »
Better to quote a high price as anybody who picks one up for less believes they have made a killing and leaves a happy person.

I will only be there Saturday so will miss out on the fun Sunday but will look forward to seeing what prices were reached.

Michael

Bally Space INvaders SS PInball
Gottlieb Grand Slam (1972) EM Pinball

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »
Yep I agree...if you dont know what you should be paying then bad luck...Hope they sell enough pins to do more expos..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »
I don't want to speak out of turn, but I don't see any mention of the Sydney Pinball Expo (Australia's 1st pin expo) on pinballnews.com which features all the shows around the world?  !@#
Anyway I'm sad to say I'll miss this one myself, but a couple of good mates are flitting over from Perth complete with cameras etc. !!!
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 10:08:48 PM »
here you go..

NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »
I'll be interested in the prices that machines go for at the auction. I've been recording the prices from the last 3 or 4 auctions in Sydney.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 10:18:52 PM »
What the ???????

If you read that newspaper clipping that RB posted it says about the auction : "Where sought after machines such as TAF are expected to get $8000 plus" !!!!!!   

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »
Excuse my cynicism, but I don't think selling an Addams Family (or any other machine for that matter) for $8000+ is going to promote pinball to the masses. "I want to see more people enjoy this form of entertainment" is a nice sentiment, but there is a huge difference between a $8000 pinball machine and a $500 gaming console. I think there would be a lot more people interested in pinball machines if they were affordable, but prices like those expected at the auction on Sunday will not encourage new blood into the hobby IMO.

Matthew

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 10:29:52 PM »
Interested in the pinball club he is speaking of. TAF is 5k for a very nice one. TAF is a so-so title worth no more than 3k in my opinion. Enough talk let sat roll on!
 *%*

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 10:34:12 PM »
Interested in the pinball club he is speaking of. TAF is 5k for a very nice one. TAF is a so-so title worth no more than 3k in my opinion. Enough talk let sat roll on!
 *%*

Yep, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you Greg, and everybody else too.

Matthew

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »
forget the pinball club...sounds to me it will be at KartAttack....lucky if you can find a machine working in that place...30 machines and all play like shit...get rid of 27 machines and keep 3 that play nice and i would be keen...then again Ive got 8 machines here to play with for free...lol
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »
 *%*

Yep, I'm looking forward to finally meeting you Greg, and everybody else too.

Matthew

Yep likewise Matt! I will be the guy in the AA shirt........now no-one pls hate on me for it lol

Offline PeterW

• Forum Posts:
  • Sutherland Shire
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 12:14:43 AM »
Hey guys. I am planning to be there on Saturday afternoon - can't wait!  :D I've met a few of you at Paul's meets so hopefully I'll remember the faces and we can say hi.

I'll be wearing my black Stern Pinball t-shirt but if it's cold then there might be a hoody over it!  %.%
Gottlieb Fastdraw - Stern Magic