Author Topic: On gumtree but secretive prices?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
On gumtree but secretive prices?
« on: June 09, 2014, 05:49:07 PM »
So saw this advert today, few titles there and asked via email if they could let me know what price they are looking for on the stargate and some more details on the condition.. Nope, have to call and they will discuss price then, no business done on email (or prices given it seems)...

meh, anyone seen this seller before? someone on here lol? It just seems weird to me they won't even say what they are looking for on the advert or via email? especially as they said "please send me an email and I can answer any questions you might have, including price on indidual machines"

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/narre-warren/collectables/pinballs-for-sale-/1048391255
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: On gumtree but secretive prices?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 05:52:24 PM »
So saw this advert today, few titles there and asked via email if they could let me know what price they are looking for on the stargate and some more details on the condition.. Nope, have to call and they will discuss price then, no business done on email (or prices given it seems)...

meh, anyone seen this seller before? someone on here lol? It just seems weird to me they won't even say what they are looking for on the advert or via email? especially as they said "please send me an email and I can answer any questions you might have, including price on indidual machines"

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/narre-warren/collectables/pinballs-for-sale-/1048391255

LOL- bottom line is that if you have to ask, you cannot afford it and judging by the description in the listing... no one can afford them

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 05:55:50 PM »
LOL- bottom line is that if you have to ask, you cannot afford it and judging by the de******ion in the listing... no one can afford them

That's why I only bothered sending an email and don't feel like calling, I get the impression the prices may be absurd and they are just trying to filter out anyone who knows better wanting some hapless newb to come along so they can convince them a stargate is worth 5k..

Now I am just jumping to conclusions there, but it is the impression I get, seems I am not the only one..  ()
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Offline Sgtmax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 06:30:36 PM »
I sent the bloke and mail and he replied and sent pictures of the Star Wars. He wanted bottom dollar $3500 for it but it was in immaculate condition and one of the best iv seen. I think he's a tech selling for his client.

Offline turbo27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
Also made contact re SS, again little info re price, around 6k suggested. If your selling just be up front and tell me the $@@&$ price u what

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 07:32:19 PM »
If your selling just be up front and tell me the $@@&$ price u what

@@*  exactly
-----

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 07:38:41 PM »
I hate the term 'serious collector'

I collect pinball but I am never serious

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 07:40:28 PM »
Fishing for newbies. I'll bet it is someone connected with a dealer !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 07:47:59 PM »
Fishing for newbies.

spot on

I'll bet it is someone connected with a dealer !

and for that reason best avoided ;-)
-----

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
I sent the bloke and mail and he replied and sent pictures of the Star Wars. He wanted bottom dollar $3500 for it but it was in immaculate condition and one of the best iv seen. I think he's a tech selling for his client.

Was that the Empire Strikes back or the DE Star Wars? On the DE I see lots of broken plastics, both sling shots as well as the plastics leading to the Death Star, possibly all 4 of them but it's a bit hard to tell from the pic on gumtree. The yellow targets are crooked and need to be tightened. The pop bumper caps are also miss matching (1 red 3 clear). None of this is a big deal but for 3.5k on this title I'd want a lot better. It make you wonder what else might need doing.

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 09:27:00 PM »
Was that the Empire Strikes back or the DE Star Wars? On the DE I see lots of broken plastics, both sling shots as well as the plastics leading to the Death Star, possibly all 4 of them but it's a bit hard to tell from the pic on gumtree. The yellow targets are crooked and need to be tightened. The pop bumper caps are also miss matching (1 red 3 clear). None of this is a big deal but for 3.5k on this title I'd want a lot better. It make you wonder what else might need doing.

I spotted a few broken plastics on that one too, I guess the low res image helps hide problems...
-----

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 07:31:15 PM »

I spotted a few broken plastics on that one too, I guess the low res image helps hide problems...

..and strategically placed reflections from roof lighting.  @@^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Toads

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 08:58:52 PM »
The empire has a sign on the apron saying  sorry no refund.
Hard to imagine that in a private collection.