Author Topic: New Member: Credit Dot Pinball  (Read 1755 times)

Offline spiroagnew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
New Member: Credit Dot Pinball
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:36:42 AM »
Greetings from Canada.

My name is Rob, on Pinside and my local boards I go by spiroagnew.  I have recently put together a collection of essays at creditdotpinball.com.  I have joined here at the suggestion of Pavlov Pinball, another great pinball blog to spread the pinball love.

I have owned machines since I was fifteen years old, and now at thirty-three years of age, my current collection includes Funhouse, Rollergames, Fire!, Pinbot, Demolition Man, White Water, Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Addams Family.  I also have a Funhouse themed tattoo, as the game remains one of my favorites of all0time.  My grail pin that I have yet to locate, is Elvira and the Party Monsters.  My wife keeps telling me that once I find one, my collection will be complete (read: don't bring anymore home).  But as we all know, it all comes down to negotiation tactics!

I'm looking to start a thread here on Aussie Pinball, or a feed, or whatever the admin suggests, to announce when I have updated http://creditdotpinball.com.  I have one going over at Aussie Arcade...somehow I missed this dedicated Aussie pinball forum.  If one of the lead Stonecutters here can reply or send a message with some direction, I would greatly appreciate it.  Just trying to do things by the book!

Thanks in advance for your support.  I'll try my best to return the favour by being active here.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: New Member: Credit Dot Pinball
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:57:06 AM »
 $.$ and  %)% to Aussie Pinball Rob !

You are more than welcome to share your stories on AP. I'll have a read of your site later today - Can never get enough of pinball !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »
Hi Rob and welcome to AP. Love your site, thanks for the link.
Cheers
Adam

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:24:48 PM »
Hi Rob,

Nice to see you here. I have been reading your blog over the last few weeks and highly recommend it. Keep the regular articles coming. I've noticed that you often have news stories which have been overlooked by Pinball News and I like how you offer up your own opinion in the articles.

Offline spiroagnew

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 10:50:49 PM »
Yeah, when I started there was little in the way of long form pinball "essays" on the 'net, long form articles that were somewhat well-written.  Seems I wasn't the only one to think this idea would work...about the time Credit Dot went live, a few other sites in the same vein popped up.  The more the merrier, I say.  Since the Pingame Journal is all but dead, and Pinball Magazine only makes it out once per year, there is definitely a void to be filled...and with 10,000 hits so far, I'm happy to help fill it.  I like to stay away from simply announcing news topics...there is always a healthy dose of opinions.  Which in pinball, if you are at all familiar with Pinside, can land you in some hot water!  Good thing I have thick skin.

Any direction as to which sub-forum I should start a topic to announce new articles?

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 07:02:42 PM »
 %)% Maybe start a thread in "Pinball Links" http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=7.0 to introduce your site and post each time it is updated  *%*

Offline spiroagnew

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:43:30 AM »
Done...thanks for the direction!

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W