Author Topic: Commodore 64 Collection for sale cheap  (Read 342 times)

Offline Astroboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • In the Shed
Commodore 64 Collection for sale cheap
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:26:47 AM »
Hi all, I've got a huge mountain of C64 stuff here that I need out the door to make room for other crap. Sick of dragging it around. It invcludes many keyboards, disk drives, tape decks, joysticks, paddles some of which are still boxed. Also is hundreds of original games with boxes and instructions both tapes and disks. Heaps of cables ect.

Just wondered if anyone else here was interested before it goes on evilbay as one massive package.

If there is anything anyone is after give me a PM and I might be able to sort you out. Alternativel if you want it all you can have it cheap.
I am searching for SPACE Themed Electro-Mechanicals.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: Commodore 64 Collection for sale cheap
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
Seems a shame to get rid of a collection, but if you need room for something else then I guess it has to go. I hope you don't regret it a few years down the track.

When I was at uni I sold all my VZ200/300 gear for similar reasons. A few years ago I looked up VZ200 on the web and discovered a number of resources. I have now managed to build up a decent VZ200/300 collection, but as I am not moving home too often I don't have to drag it around with me. I am setting up a table in the shed for display, and one of the cupboards has the rest of the gear.

Still, with C64 stuff there is plenty of it around so if you ever want it again it will be easy enough to get hold of.

I don't remember anyone else on here mentioning that they collected micros apart from Marty Machine.

Marty Machine

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »
Hey Guys,

Yep, i collected just about every oldchool computer/TV Console in previous years, but i have cleared a LOT of it out for room etc.
I still have some VZ200/300 machines (to keep) and Dick Smith/Tandy/Hanimex TV game consoles which i'll still move out sometime soon....

All i can suggest to you is "Take as many pics as possible of each & every part, you'll thank yourself later for the memories"

Since most of my gear was boxed up in cupboards, i never really enjoyed (or appreciated) what i had, let alone "use it".
I'm a lot happier now to still have the pics for memories, without the need for the physical item wasting space in my rooms ;-)

I'd rather some other collector have my stuff and enjoy it more than i did.
MM.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
If you have the room, it is definitely worth having a few set up. You can run games, word processor and so on without having to get it out and put it away again all the time. Plus it should inspire one to actually do some more work on those unfinished projects.