Author Topic: Credit Dot Pinball: The Update Thread  (Read 29242 times)

Offline spiroagnew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Credit Dot Pinball: The Update Thread
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:42:28 AM »
Going to start a thread to post each and every update I make to Credit Dot Pinball.  I thank you in advance for your support.  I appreciate every click to http://www.creditdotpinball.com!

I'll begin the thread with today's interview with Kristin from Mezelmods, makers of top quality snake fangs and donut shops.

PEOPLE: Kristin from MEZELMODS
http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/07/08/people-kristin-from-mezelmods/

Offline spiroagnew

• Forum Posts:
Re: Credit Dot Pinball: The Update Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 12:58:26 PM »
No excerpt for this one.  I will only tease with the title itself, and share that Clay Harrell and your very own Pinheadz Podcast co-host Rod Cuddihy are featured contributors.  Also, its a subject near and dear to both Australians AND Canadians!  Enjoy!

FEATURE: “Only Give A Defect On Display, Any Stupidity”
http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/07/18/feature-only-give-a-defect-on-display-any-stupidity/

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 12:04:58 AM »
The container story is an interesting one. There has been quite a few private imports over the last few years, and the majority of these guys find out how hard the work is and give up. One recent guy new to pinball claimed he had multiple containers "on the water", but they never materialized ! Of interest is the "Americanism" that container pins are junkers. Pinballs are the same as any other electrical device that ages. They need work. It is the skill and dedication of the restorer that defines the end product. Scrubbing out serial numbers to hide the fact they are "re imported" is one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. I wonder if a TAF that was put into a container and rail shipped across the USA will play better than a TAF that was put into a container and sent to Europe ? Both are container games, and who cares if the serial number is not a domestic ? Does the domestic game play any better ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 07:53:04 PM »
I would say a machine with details removed, to avoid it being identified as an import, has less value that a machine with its HISTORY in tact.  They all come out of the same factory.

What am I doing - with buyers in mind, I should be selling the idea that imported pins should be of less value!

Offline spiroagnew

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 03:38:26 AM »
Thanks for the replies, guys!  Glad I could inspire a bit of discussion.  Any port in a storm really, as long as the game plays.  I have a Demo Man I bought locally with 230V markings, and it plays fantastic.  Could care less if it was a re-import.  Ah, if only these games could talk...

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

Offline spiroagnew

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 03:39:13 AM »
In this Credit Dot follow-up article, I review and install Jeff Thompson's Creature from the Black Lagoon speaker panel mod. Prepare to get lit! Plenty of pictures, too.

MODS: Creech Speaker Panel Follow-Up and Installation!
http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/07/20/mods-creech-speaker-panel-follow-up-and-installation/

Excerpt:
 "In one of the very first essay-style articles on Credit Dot, I talked up the impending arrival of the Creature from the Black Lagoon speaker panel mod like it was the second coming of Christ himself. The brainchild of Jeff Thompson, the speaker panel added lights to the “Starlight Drive- In” sign, the moon, the UFO and the tail lights of all the classic cars lined up watching the DMD. Supposedly, it was something that was to be included in production games, but the project went over-budget and it was axed from the final version..."

Offline Dluth

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »
Really enjoying your well-written and in-depth articles. Great variety of topics. Keep it up!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »
"Could care less"

No - that's not possible, however it is possible that you "could NOT care less" or "couldn't care less".

I can't stand these incorrect Americanisms creeping into everyday speech and a lot thinking that it's "normal".

Well it ain't .... %.%

« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 03:35:38 PM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Marty Machine

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 04:44:39 PM »
I think the FULL ARTICLE should be posted here if you want to share your stories with us, whats with all the linking back to another site crap?

I see a few site-mods linking back to their own site more and more in recent weeks....there must be an agenda to get more hits or migrate everyone off this site??????

MM

Marty Machine

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »
I can't stand these incorrect Americanisms creeping into everyday speech and a lot thinking that it's "normal".
I can't stand Americans....period   :lol

Offline Dluth

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 07:07:38 PM »
Wow, a lot of hostility for a guy who's contributing to the hobby! (IMHO)

Marty Machine

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 07:20:38 PM »
Wow, a lot of hostility for a guy who's contributing to the hobby! (IMHO)
Dunno who you're aiming that at, but i personally find it rude & quite pretentious to come into (any) forum, submit a few opening lines, then provide a link back to the home site to read the entire content...."read more here" kinda thing.

Why not post the entire content here? or not at all.
Hardly a contribution, just another site-admin phising for visitors on yet another up'n'coming site....

Damn rude! (IMHO)   :lol

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »
I see posting links to external pinball related sites as an extension of AP which benefits this site, rather than competition which erodes it.

At the end of the day, the user will ultimately close the newly opened tab back to AP after reading the link (or not click on it all if it is of no interest to them).  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
I see posting links to external pinball related sites as an extension of AP which benefits this site, rather than competition which erodes it.

At the end of the day, the user will ultimately close the newly opened tab back to AP after reading the link (or not click on it all if it is of no interest to them).  ^^^

I think that is the intention - there's no discussion within the links - just the story. If there were links to other forums "Hey, come over here and discuss", then I would not be pleased. What we want to encourage is discussion on these articles - so maybe posting the entire story might be the happy medium ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 08:20:32 PM »
And back to the original topic...

I just got myself a handful of German coins to operate my recently ordered German imported pin.  (Cheap foreign Coins are easily sourced from a regular coin dealer).  So rather then hide the fact that it is an import, go with it!

(Agree with most here, that links to other sites are a good think, not bad - it often goes both ways;
Nothing wrong with Americans - stop watching TV and go to the US and you will see that are as friendly as 'most' Australians.  Um... Most Aussies value American imported pins higher than European - so the two separate discussion topics merge back into one!)