Author Topic: PINHEADZ PODcast EP7! Featuring APer RobM from Townsville!  (Read 2514 times)

Offline carbonROD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
PINHEADZ PODcast EP7! Featuring APer RobM from Townsville!
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:42 PM »
G'day guys! I uploaded EPISODE #7 earlier today.

Hope you get a chance to take a listen. Cheers - Rod

PINHEADZ.com.au http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/pppoo7-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep7-a-decade-in-the-making-pinball-creation-v-pinball-destruction/
iTUNES https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2
STITCHER http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/rod-cuddihy/pinheadz-pinball-podcast

When pinball’s most controversial designer passed away earlier this year it was widely accepted that the dream of Python Angelo's holy grail – Williams Pinball Circus going into production died with him. Ten years after the prototype was completed we celebrate the announcement that Python’s legacy will be complete & one of pinball’s most innovative games ever, will be built! 

Also proving how much can happen in a decade, we take a look at how a stash of early 90’s Bally Williams pins stood up to ten years of some of the harshest weather conditions anywhere on the planet…North Queensland!

At last we get hold of the STERN Mustang LE track list sourced from 50 years of SONY’s back catalogue…but is it predictable or inspirational?

For all Pintech Stevie’s potentially lifesaving Pinball Safety Tips…how did he end up trapped under a game this month?

After eight years, is the man behind Gorgar, Space Shuttle & Dr Who - pinball designing legend Barry Oursler returning to pinball?

Bally Williams may have closed it’s doors in 1999 but STERN Pinball appear to have leant a trick or two from them in 2014. STERN are set to rebuild the classics as they open THE VAULT!

We begin planning our Australian Pinball Expo with the release of the event’s games list!

And we’ll discover which pivotal game in pinball history is being brought into the new millennium with the development of a “2.0” version.

Be part of the PODcast via FACEBOOK – Pinheadz Pinball PODcast or TWITTER – @RODsaid #pinheadz

So join broadcaster Rod Cuddihy, Federal Government IT expert Gary Christiansen & professional pinball technician Steve Hyde for Americana from Down Under, in episode 7 of The Pinheadz Pinball PODcast!
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
WooHoo  ^^^
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Downloading ready to listen to at work tomorrow !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
Again great job guys. Amusing 7-11 picture. Also I suppose someone should ask, did you find a local with the American accent for the intro or got someone from the US as definitely not Siri?

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
Again great job guys. Amusing 7-11 picture. Also I suppose someone should ask, did you find a local with the American accent for the intro or got someone from the US as definitely not Siri?

%.%...thanks McKie1! Believe it or not that was an actual US news update - nothing like a "Super Storm" to get international attention.  %$% Really appreciate it when someone notices this sort of detail...and thanks for the PM the other day too! Glad you like the EPISODE 7 logo - not sure there's an equally iconic number "8" for next episode's logo though. Cheers Rod  ^^^

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Another great episode Rod. Kept me entertained while driving down south today.

The only thing I would say is you said the other podcast was 'Special when lit' but it is 'Lock is lit'.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA

The only thing I would say is you said the other podcast was 'Special when lit' but it is 'Lock is lit'.

You're spot on Wiked...I've already apologized to Marc from LOCK IS LIT. The good news is - so many people have spotted the error, the boys obviously have a whole lotta listeners.  ^^^ Thanks for listening too!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Another great episode Rod and the boys - well done. I loved the tale from Rob in Townsville because I actually ended up with a couple of his "possum pins".

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Brilliant Episode. I loved the stories and the news items. Much more fun listening to you guys than reading blogs etc. Do you think a 3 hour episode is on the cards ? Or maybe more frequent PODcasts under two hours.

Zaccaria were looking for an importer in the late early - mid 70's and because Dad is Italian, they asked him to be the distributor. He actually flew to Bologna (I think) to pen the agreement (while visiting family), but he found that the technical info was lacking. How do you fix the games without schematics ? So it never happened. It was offered again when Zaccaria released the SS range of games. From memory, it was given to "Leisure and Allied" for a short time.

It was an interesting time for Pinballs NOT produced in Chicago - Recel, Playmatic and Euroflip were often sited next to the Gottliebs, Williams and Ballys. I have boxes of parts from games that were parted out. I think there might be the old "Space Gambler" SS still floating around Melbourne somewhere !

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay

You're spot on Wiked...I've already apologized to Marc from LOCK IS LIT. The good news is - so many people have spotted the error, the boys obviously have a whole lotta listeners.  ^^^ Thanks for listening too!
yes another great show but while on the subject of corrections, you keep saying aussiepinball.com.au when there's no AU. Dunno if that causes any problems for those os looking for the site, I guess not.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

yes another great show but while on the subject of corrections, you keep saying aussiepinball.com.au when there's no AU. Dunno if that causes any problems for those os looking for the site, I guess not.

Rob - Both the .COM and .COM.AU work. It is hosted at .COM, but the .COM.AU will redirect to .COM.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Brilliant Episode. I loved the stories and the news items. Much more fun listening to you guys than reading blogs etc. Do you think a 3 hour episode is on the cards ? Or maybe more frequent PODcasts under two hours.

Zaccaria were looking for an importer in the late early - mid 70's and because Dad is Italian, they asked him to be the distributor. He actually flew to Bologna (I think) to pen the agreement (while visiting family), but he found that the technical info was lacking. How do you fix the games without schematics ? So it never happened. It was offered again when Zaccaria released the SS range of games. From memory, it was given to "Leisure and Allied" for a short time.

It was an interesting time for Pinballs NOT produced in Chicago - Recel, Playmatic and Euroflip were often sited next to the Gottliebs, Williams and Ballys. I have boxes of parts from games that were parted out. I think there might be the old "Space Gambler" SS still floating around Melbourne somewhere !
Even with schematics Zac SS games are a headache as its done old school and shows the logic path NOT the actually chips used so AND is often used as NAND etc... my Dad loves it as he is Mr TTL, but I keep having to make notes and if I walk away for too long, ive forgotten what my notes mean..LOL

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
At one point the late George Campbell in Brisbane was a Zac agent as far as I know. He was also the NSM distributor for a very long time.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay

Rob - Both the .COM and .COM.AU work. It is hosted at .COM, but the .COM.AU will redirect to .COM.
thanks for the clarification I can now stop cringing every time I hear it thinking Rod was making a mistake. Good to see he's better informed than I am. Thats why I don't do podcasts.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Yet another great podcast, well done Rod & crew ^^^

The Python interview really got my attention. Took me awhile & dig around to find the full interview, Fascinating interview with Clay Harrell & pretty much mind blowing stuff Python talked about, didn't realize he has some much influence & so talented,
Can all he said All be True  !@#

http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/topcast_42.mp3

youtube Pythons World

http://youtu.be/up03zouCIvI