Author Topic: new company FAST building Funhouse 2.0  (Read 1613 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
new company FAST building Funhouse 2.0
« on: July 13, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »
apparently another new company called FAST are building Funhouse 2.0 and apparently SkitB are writing the code

we just keep getting more and more companies in pinball - currently this must be the most in History making pinballs
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: new company FAST building Funhouse 2.0
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 10:07:47 AM »
apparently another new company called FAST are building Funhouse 2.0 and apparently SkitB are writing the code

we just keep getting more and more companies in pinball - currently this must be the most in History making pinballs

Nowhere near it... just go to IPDB and type in Advance search the year 1938 as its the late 30's that was pinballs true heyday...many thousands sold and a multitude of manufacturers competing.... I counted around 17 manufacturers for 1938

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 10:42:54 AM »

Funhouse is a true classic as it stands, Lawlor's best playfield layout IMO, but this is one mod I will be keen to see - Rudy with DMD (not that the alpha-numeric display is bad) would be fun, but more importantly, some extended code would be fantastic - particularly a modern wizard mode that compliments Super Frenzy would be nice.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »

"Boutique" Companies = Yes. Small hobby based companies as well - without a doubt.

But these all cater for the hobby, not the industry during the days when pinball was used as a means of income. Different context and completely different market. I'm warming to a lot of these new start ups, they are usually run by enthusiasts. But they a drop in the ocean compared to the 70s and 80s.

Great idea to employ a DMD for such a popular game as Funhouse. Although I don't like the game, it will be a successful modification based on the number of games made and the popularity of the game and new technology.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:48 AM »
Funhouse could be great with a DMD but there are also a lot of other good system 11 games that could be awesome with a DMD and code upgrade.

I would like to see some of the boutique makers actually bring a game to completion (more than just one prototype game).
At the moment, how many have finished a game, Marsaplay?
Any others?
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 01:08:33 PM »
you guys are correct a dmd kit using FAST Pinball gear

http://fastpinball.com

which I guess we will start to see other titles going through kit conversions.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 02:45:29 PM »
Dmd would be nice although I had mixed feelings about bop. The graphics etc was great but they really didn't tie the dmd in with the story of the game. Lots of space shuttle stuff which would have been great for lets see.... space shuttle pinball, but nothing to do with creating the robot.

If they could keep the theme of funhouse and utilize their great graphical talents and sound; I'm in for sure. As far as coding I agree if it again adds to the theme.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »
Dmd would be nice although I had mixed feelings about bop. The graphics etc was great but they really didn't tie the dmd in with the story of the game. Lots of space shuttle stuff which would have been great for lets see.... space shuttle pinball, but nothing to do with creating the robot.

I'm with you there on BoP. I like the idea of the DMD update but I probably would have liked to see it complement the existing game not totally change it. I know many argue that BoP's not deep enough but it's never bothered me. Games don't need to be deep, just fun to play.