Author Topic: Medieval Madness for trade (Vic)  (Read 5510 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Medieval Madness for trade (Vic)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »
As all the remakes come out the prices will drop! Poor buggers that payed 11k for a MM whats next CV and AFM watch those drop good times for buyers :-) I still laugh at people who think pinball is an investment.

I agree with your comments, Peter. But irrespective of the remakes and horribly done refakes, the gameplay does not change for those who keep the game as they LOVE the machine. Years ago, MM was a "status symbol" and centrepiece of a cookie cutter collection. I think owners that bought the game, love the game and they rarely change hands. The inflated pricetag is not the fault of the private sellers, it is the fault of greedy dealers. I have not personally seen or heard of a SOLD MM for more than $9500. Ive seen many advertised for $11,000 ish, but no proof that they sold.

Going on customer requests, AFM and CV have well surpassed MM on demand. AFM in particular, and customers are willing to pay MM prices for restored examples.

The "pinball is an investment" line was a comment laughed at for many years.

I sold mine for around 11.5 mark last year

Before the more improved remake? Since the announcement they've dropped and will continue I'd say :-) there's alot more choices out there now for people to spend there money on, so it'll be harder to command big bucks for certain titles of the past and it's the same with Newer titles.  The market will take a fall there's just so many older games coming in and a ton of new games being released.

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
Re: Medieval Madness for trade (Vic)
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »
[/quote]

it was a bummer that it had to be moved on so quick ....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:38:28 PM by pinoffski »

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 12:12:04 AM »

it was a bummer that it had to be moved on so quick ....

[/quote]was the game that bad to sell?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 09:25:56 PM »
Seller on EBay has finally dropped his MM to under 10k. If its as good as the seller claims, this would've been snapped up a lot quicker and for more in the past. No surprise really with all the NIB choice and remakes coming.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:29:16 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 10:14:45 PM »
Seller on EBay has finally dropped his MM to under 10k. If its as good as the seller claims, this would've been snapped up a lot quicker and for more in the past. No surprise really with all the NIB choice and remakes coming.

It does look like a nice example :-) maybe it'll sell soon as it's nearing a realistic price point.

Peter

Offline erx400

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »
I have my doubts on if that is actually an Australian delivered MM, No pic of the serial sticker/s?

Mine is Aust delivered & was purchased from LAI back in 2002 then that owner sold it to me early 2003. LAI only brought in 10x MM's back in 1997. All of those MM's where fitted with Timezone card systems on the front below the coin door. My MM still has the drill holes from it.

Offline Pinballer

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2014, 08:24:45 PM »
All of those MM's where fitted with Timezone card systems on the front below the coin door. My MM still has the drill holes from it.

Yep, can definitely vouch for this, mine was the same, also purchased from LAI, straight from a Timezone in Melbourne.  Same as my NGG.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »
I have my doubts on if that is actually an Australian delivered MM, No pic of the serial sticker/s?

Mine is Aust delivered & was purchased from LAI back in 2002 then that owner sold it to me early 2003. LAI only brought in 10x MM's back in 1997. All of those MM's where fitted with Timezone card systems on the front below the coin door. My MM still has the drill holes from it.

A rare find indeed.  ()
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:00:59 PM by pinsanity »

Offline pinoffski

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong NSW
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »
Here is a link about MM
http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_medieval_madness_prices.html

and if you scroll down there is a pic of the 10 MM's that were sent to Australia