Author Topic: A SPOOKY Special PINHEADZ PODcast #9!  (Read 2424 times)

Offline carbonROD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
A SPOOKY Special PINHEADZ PODcast #9!
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
Sorry for the delay guys...just a quick note that we posted a new episode of the PODcast last week...hope you get time for a listen.
Cheers Rod  ^^^

PINHEADZ.com.au http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/ppp009-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep9-everybody-loves-a-comebackthe-spooky-special/

iTUNES https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2

Despite a legendary history, horror themed pinball machines have been conspicuously absent from the new pinball landscape this millennium. But just when it looked like the death of the genre…STERN Pinball has announced their newest title – The Walking Dead!

Special guest & Horror/Sci Fi pinball aficionado Charlie Emery joins us for a look at the genre’s place in pinball history. As well as talking about, playing & collecting them, Charlie is leading the charge of boutique pinball manufacturers building new games. But, how long till he starts loading a container bound for Australia?

With the new Homepin THUNDERBIRDS pinball machine on the way, we take a look at what’s inside the boxes being shipped out of their manufacturing facility in China this month.

Pintech Stevie’s Super Tip is so obvious you’d have to be crazy not to do it…fit Cliffy hole protectors to your game or risk total playfield annihilation. So why are some people not doing it?

This episode’s Pinball Appearances in Popular Culture features scenes from Greg The Bunny starring Seth Green, an awesome Waylon Jennings narration of Dukes Of Hazzard & The Bachelor Australia…plus some more obscure sightings.

And we’ll find out why people are freaking out over JAWS in 2014!

So join broadcaster Rod Cuddihy, International Pinball Hunter Gary Christiansen & professional pinball technician Steve Hyde for Americana from Down Under, in episode 9 of The Pinheadz Pinball PODcast!
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: A SPOOKY Special PINHEADZ PODcast #9!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »
I was just in time to download this before my recent HK to CNS flight.

I didn't realise you guys were going to talk about my builds.....(I guess I should have read the post better !@))...imagine my surprise when we got airborne and I settled back with the MP3 going to hear all about Hankin tables shipping!!!

Another excellent podcast guys. ^^^
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »
I was just in time to download this before my recent HK to CNS flight.

I didn't realise you guys were going to talk about my builds.....(I guess I should have read the post better !@))...imagine my surprise when we got airborne and I settled back with the MP3 going to hear all about Hankin tables shipping!!!

Another excellent podcast guys. ^^^

HAHA, thanks Mike! As our only pin builder it'll be a rare episode you dont get a mention  %$%

But bringing HANKIN COCKTAILS back from the dead is a bloody big deal!! Congrats again.  ^^^
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »
The ship has docked in Bris and I am expecting the container to be delivered Thursday - if all that goes to plan we should have a table at Pinfest for "show & tell" this weekend.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:44:34 PM »
Was another great listen ! JUST shy of 3 hours  ()

Horror movies and Pinball - two of my favorite things in life. Indeed Bally "Vampire" was the first horror themed pinball that I can remember, and it is on my "wish list"..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »
Another great one Rod. Kept me laughing and entertained yet again while driving up north.

Offline femto

• Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 09:05:25 PM »
Finally finished listening to this one today. Another enjoyable listen to you guys chatting all things pinball. One small complaint I have is I could not always hear Gary and Steve as it seemed they were too far from the microphone. I can always hear Rod perfectly. I am afraid I may miss some detail in the conversation. Anyway good job and keep it up. Look forward to the next episode.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 09:07:07 PM »
Finally finished listening to this one today. Another enjoyable listen to you guys chatting all things pinball. One small complaint I have is I could not always hear Gav and Steve as it seemed they were too far from the microphone. I can always hear Rod perfectly. I am afraid I may miss some detail in the conversation. Anyway good job and keep it up. Look forward to the next episode.
agree but thought it might be my hearing. I turn up the volume a fair bit to enable hearing the other two. Great show though
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline femto

• Forum Posts:
  • Toowoomba, Qld
  • Go ahead....push my buttons!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 09:18:31 PM »
agree but thought it might be my hearing. I turn up the volume a fair bit to enable hearing the other two.]
I turn 49 on Tuesday so my hearing is probably on the way out. I also listen while driving which also introduces vehicle noise but hopefully the guys can adjust their gear to make it more audible to old blokes like me.