Author Topic: GTB Spirit Plastics - Repro Plastic Set  (Read 856 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
GTB Spirit Plastics - Repro Plastic Set
« on: December 12, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »
My regular scan over the PBResource site this morning found to my amazement, a repro plastics set for the "Holy Grail" SYS80 title - "Spirit".

For those of you that know the game, or have played the game - this is THE most sought after SYS80 title. This is massive news for collectors who own this title ;

http://www.pbresource.com/news.html

"12/8/14 Gottlieb® Spirit Plastic Set and Spinning Disc

Today, Pinball Resource announces the reproduction plastic set and replacement disc for Gottlieb's® SPIRIT. This is a first of a kind project using the original drawings, films and color specifications from the Gottlieb® factory. This is significant in the following ways:

--use of original films is faster (=costs less therefore lower selling price)

--use of original films eliminates any corrections or guesswork involved with scanning

--use of original color specs eliminates any guesswork due to fading, damaged originals, etc

All plastics are screened on PETG and laser cut, protective film on front and back to be removed at the time of installation.

Here are the part numbers and details:

PLASTIC SET is GTB-22162-3+. The originals we sold were sold under 2 individual part numbers...22162 and 22163. It looks like they were separated by Gottlieb® after printing into the 2 part numbers as the layouts did not exactly follow the color scheme....a puzzle, but fact. We have combined the 2 sets into one part number, since there is no scheme to why one would buy "half" of a set...Spirit is one set. Selling price is $157.60.

MOTOR DISC is GTB-22204+. We were happy to find drawings and film for this backbox animation disc as we have never seen any samples outside of the game; there was no stock at the factory when it closed. Selling price is $41.35.

We hope that collectors of this game around the world enjoy these plastics. I think they came out great and I look forward to making additional games' plastics using more of the original films we have in the archive."

I'll be ordering a couple of sets (one spare) and the spinning disk. Hopefully Gav does a repro backglass so I have a spare BG.

VERY COOL that PBR are looing at other rare plastics sets - Hopefully ROCKY is next !

$#$
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: GTB Spirit Plastics - Repro Plastic Set
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 11:26:13 PM »
it's pleasing when authoritive figures such as PBR have the means to create something and actually do it.
Great stuff

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »
Great news, now I only need to find the game to go with the set.  !@#
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »
I have never played this game , but I'd on my want list.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 05:51:30 PM »
I have never played this game , but I'd on my want list.

It's fun - a grail System 80 to many, but I sold mine as I did not find it that enjoyable. I think BH is a step above. Great to see the plastics though, took me a while to gather up a good set from all over the place while I had it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”