Author Topic: STERN 2015 Title Announcements ??  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
STERN 2015 Title Announcements ??
« on: December 14, 2014, 01:50:57 AM »
Anyone want to guess what big movies have been around this last week or 12 months that Stern might be making into a Pinball Title in 2015 ?

Latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Tirtles Movie I justwatched could be a cool modern remake !

Guardians of the Galaxy Movie was pretty good , maybe a marvel chance for a pinny !

Transformers Age of Extinction movie was great but very long - maybe a more modern remake of the last ones but would need a total start over perhaps ?

ANYONE got any serious contenders for 2015 STERN Production ?

Is Stern moving to a demographic of hard core much more aggressive Adult themes and moving on past the younger player?

Gary said the title has to work where people drink alcohol and be attractive to that feel of a place ?

Any fresh ideas anyone ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:04:01 AM »
Didn't Stern get the KISS licence? That's a title I'd like to see and with a Sega style large DMD but with LCD

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: STERN 2015 Title Announcements ??
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 05:48:28 AM »
I believe Stern will look in a different direction and make a pin of a small indie film, 'The Force Awakens'

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 05:57:49 AM »
I believe Stern will look in a different direction and make a pin of a small indie film, 'The Force Awakens'

I too have heard of this small indie film and believe you may just be onto somthing here. Apparently they are considering other merchandise for this film also.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 11:00:22 AM »
According to the spys on pinside it will be.

KISS or Iron Maiden and then Jaws

Stern can make whatever title they want, until they pick the qc up, drop the prices and add a lcd I will never consider another stern game.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 11:15:12 AM »
It sounds like KISS and Star Wars are a given its just a matter of when.

Fast and the Furious, Guardians of the Galaxy and Superman are all being suggested as well.

At first I thought no way would they do another car theme so close to Mustang but then I remembered that they did Avengers right after X-men.

Gives me hope for my Resident Evil pin........ #@#

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »
Anything but another KISS pinball. For me , pinball is well and truely kissed out, but if there's a buck to be made I'm sure we will see another KISS.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 12:32:40 PM »
According to the spys on pinside it will be.

KISS or Iron Maiden and then Jaws

Stern can make whatever title they want, until they pick the qc up, drop the prices and add a lcd I will never consider another stern game.

Hmmm after reading the Pinside rumour threads, Iron Maiden seems to have gone cold. Not sure if JAWS is a reality or the faithful are hoping it's going to become a reality.

From what I've been reading,  KISS seems like a sure thing, Game of Thrones license was also talked about and George Gomez is supposedly trying to get the Guardians of the Galaxy license. The new Terminator is being mentioned a lot, but I think three Terminator machines seems overkill?

And speaking of Gomez, somebody mentioned him coming back to design another game?

Out of left field, I'd like to see an Alice Cooper horror themed pin. Kind of like an Elvira themed game with twelve Alice Cooper tracks.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »
This would work in the USA for sure as a successful pinball theme.

"American Patriot" (nothing to do with ironman)

An Airforce model, an Army Model and a Navy model.

Everything aggressive and Military about the Armed Forces. Missions could be many.
Each machine has all its best Military Assets for toys and cabinet artwork and Playfield artwork could be full of everything cutting edge.
Even a Area 51 Area on each machine.

Make the models all like a Pro or Premium level.

The Military colours and audio and graphics could be mad.
Put some on every military base around the world. There's a few thousand sold straight away.

Mission descriptions and the wild Military stuff you could acquire and use would be great.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 03:15:39 PM »
This would work in the USA for sure as a successful pinball theme.

"American Patriot" (nothing to do with ironman)

An Airforce model, an Army Model and a Navy model.

Everything aggressive and Military about the Armed Forces. Missions could be many.
Each machine has all its best Military Assets for toys and cabinet artwork and Playfield artwork could be full of everything cutting edge.

Make the models all like a Pro or Premium level.

The Military colours and audio and graphics could be mad.
Put some on every military base around the world. There's a few thousand sold straight away.

Mission de******ions and the wild Military stuff you could acquire and use would be great.

For Stern, as a business idea, I think that would be great.
Americans love that shit.
Only thing is I can't see it doing very well, anywhere, except in the US.
Mustang is a good example. Very popular car in America but not really anywhere else and I think the sales reflected that.
I doesn't seem as though Stern do there homework very well on gauging interest in their titles.
See current TWD thread http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=12850.420
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 03:45:07 PM »

Project sunk
the military will not acknowledge area 51

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »
KISS is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

If you don't like KISS or have no interest in another music pin - don't bother reading on.

This is NOT from the Stern camp - but I'm hearing that there are issues surrounding what line up (artwork) will be on the machine. Probably will be a huge discussion point AFTER the release, but if the artwork is representative of the current line up it will be a disastrous seller. If it is the original line up - then it will be a massive profit maker for Stern.

Problem is - Gene and Paul will do everything in their power to avoid paying royalties to Ace and Peter. KISS were inducted into the RARHOF this year - based on their contribution from 1973 - 1980.

Having a KISS machine with the cover band line up (current) is like a Beatles pinball with Pete Best. Most of you know I'm a KISS fan, and I have memorabilia worth a fair bit of money. I get asked at least once a week for a KISS machine, and friends I've know for 20 years are friends because we grew up listening to Hard Rock / Heavy Metal. If Stern have ANY interest in listening to the sound of wads of cash in their wallets, then they NEED to listen to the cashed up old fans that won't buy ANYTHING with the current line up. Just a quick scan of people i know who are KISS fans AND Pinball fans - Stern have their money - at LEAST 10 games will purchased - most LEs. I'll buy 2-3. That's IF the original line up art is approved. If it is the cover band version, then I'll get pounded to finish off the 1978 restorations. Stern won't get their money.

Yes - there ARE younger fans getting into KISS and there are fans of the current line up. That's the "magic" of this band. But the "business" side of KISS is well aware that at concerts, the older T-Shirts sell out before the shows, and they ALWAYS have a surplus of T-Shirts with the current line up.

This is NOT meant to be a KISS thread - but I feel this is a pivotal decision that needs to be made. This game fails or becomes Sterns biggest seller for 10 years at the design stage.

In my view, if the current cover band line up is used at KISS' demands, then Stern should VERY quickly can the idea and move onto Iron Maiden. I would be interested in an Iron Maiden machine for the right price.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »
KISS is pretty much a foregone conclusion.

If you don't like KISS or have no interest in another music pin - don't bother reading on.

This is NOT from the Stern camp - but I'm hearing that there are issues surrounding what line up (artwork) will be on the machine. Probably will be a huge discussion point AFTER the release, but if the artwork is representative of the current line up it will be a disastrous seller. If it is the original line up - then it will be a massive profit maker for Stern.

Problem is - Gene and Paul will do everything in their power to avoid paying royalties to Ace and Peter. KISS were inducted into the RARHOF this year - based on their contribution from 1973 - 1980.

Having a KISS machine with the cover band line up (current) is like a Beatles pinball with Pete Best. Most of you know I'm a KISS fan, and I have memorabilia worth a fair bit of money. I get asked at least once a week for a KISS machine, and friends I've know for 20 years are friends because we grew up listening to Hard Rock / Heavy Metal. If Stern have ANY interest in listening to the sound of wads of cash in their wallets, then they NEED to listen to the cashed up old fans that won't buy ANYTHING with the current line up. Just a quick scan of people i know who are KISS fans AND Pinball fans - Stern have their money - at LEAST 10 games will purchased - most LEs. I'll buy 2-3. That's IF the original line up art is approved. If it is the cover band version, then I'll get pounded to finish off the 1978 restorations. Stern won't get their money.

Yes - there ARE younger fans getting into KISS and there are fans of the current line up. That's the "magic" of this band. But the "business" side of KISS is well aware that at concerts, the older T-Shirts sell out before the shows, and they ALWAYS have a surplus of T-Shirts with the current line up.

This is NOT meant to be a KISS thread - but I feel this is a pivotal decision that needs to be made. This game fails or becomes Sterns biggest seller for 10 years at the design stage.

In my view, if the current cover band line up is used at KISS' demands, then Stern should VERY quickly can the idea and move onto Iron Maiden. I would be interested in an Iron Maiden machine for the right price.

Spot on Nino original lineup means Stern makes a shit load and more :) current lineup will sell ok but no where near as original.  Reading Paul's latest book both him and Gene would hate to have to give Peter and Ace any royalties lol. It's a great read and out of all the books I have its the best book by far, I finished it so if you want to borrow it I'll drop it off just let me know :)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 07:56:21 PM »
Even if Gene and Paul gave the other 2 some royalties, would it really matter since the remaining two are worth billions.
Just a pride n ego thing.
The original lineup artwork will sell Sterns, the later stuff will sink like the titanic.

We need to move on past band pinballs. Once you have a couple the rest don't stay attractive.

A fully sik modern day Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinny would be awesome if cartoon based and done with boobs n violence and a total redo. Maybe a pinny per each turtle character. 4 x turtles, four x colours.
Is it adult enough ? Can it be made violent and booby enough ?

Anyone got anymore ideas ?

Jaws pinny was soooo 1978 ! Can't see that being serious at all.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:00:58 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 08:14:06 PM »
Even if Gene and Paul gave the other 2 some royalties, would it really matter since the remaining two are worth billions.
Just a pride n ego thing.
The original lineup artwork will sell Sterns, the later stuff will sink like the titanic.

We need to move on past band pinballs. Once you have a couple the rest don't stay attractive.

A fully sik modern day Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pinny would be awesome if cartoon based and done with boobs n violence and a total redo. Maybe a pinny per each turtle character. 4 x turtles, four x colours.
Is it adult enough ? Can it be made violent and booby enough ?

Anyone got anymore ideas ?

Jaws pinny was soooo 1978 ! Can't see that being serious at all.

Funny you say that I have two band pins and I don't really want another :) that's why I bought walking dead a zombie theme is something different.