Author Topic: PENNY ARCADE PHOTOS  (Read 5735 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
PENNY ARCADE PHOTOS
« on: April 25, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »
Morning all
                Ive just found some photos from the penny arcade in echuca thought they might be of interest

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: PENNY ARCADE PHOTOS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 12:38:24 PM »
more

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 01:41:18 PM »
Beautiful machines - an Allwin or several is whats missing from my collection... but im working on it!
Thanks for posting those...ill take em all

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
Want me to email you the full size pics PM me?   Its something ive always wanted even before PInballs but way out of my price range.  The guy who delivers our milk Pisses me off as he found 3 of them in a shed years ago he pulled them apart to do them up then never did it and threw them in the bin grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 07:45:07 PM »
Awesome machines !!

I've been interested in replicating some of those style machine for a few years now.
(since i can't find any anywhere, or affordable).

Great pics, great reference.

MM.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »
Me to marty i have photos of all the internals etc to try and make em but getting the cruved bits rolled has always stopped me

Marty Machine

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »
You can easily buy sheetmetal curlers/rollers from real hardware stores (not bunnings hehehee).
In most cases you can use the supporting groove and/or nails to hold the metal in curved forms.

Are the pics on here (when clickked-on) the full size ones? are do you have bigger ones?
Probably too big to email, but if u can upload to a host-site somewhere, i'd certainly love some bigger pics.

I've wanted to build some of these ever since having the 'bug' to build an old golf game (2c) i'd talked about in another thread here somewhere....

MM.

Marty Machine

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »
Are these actually in an old museum of some sort? curious about the numbers on the top corner of most machines, assuming they're museum-piece reference?

How long ago were these pics taken?, does anyone know if this place is still there?
Would be worth organising a day trip for AP members to meet up there for a look-see or something.

MM.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »
Yes this place is still in echuca i go every year most of the locals will tell you its closed down but its not it in the old por area and well worth a look there are more machines aswell but you arent supposed to take photos WOOOPS  Yes i have bigger photos they are around 2meg each pm me your email and ill email em off a few at a time

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 10:25:34 PM »
Also Marty
                  I can take some detailed photos of my Golf game as they are so easy to build if you ask nicely i might even be able to paint you up a glass for it.

Marty Machine

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »
Daniel, we may be talking about a different type of golf game?
I don't remember the glass being painted ??

It might have been called "Par 5" according to an old bumper-forum i was on years ago, a guy sent 'similar' pics to the game i remembered.

MM.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »
the one i have is par 5 

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 04:51:42 PM »
And not all were painted i have a friend with one which isnt painted im guessing once it got broken they just replaced it with blank glass?

Marty Machine

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 05:34:32 PM »
Aahhh nice,

well that 'seems' to be the game i played a lot, and wanted to replicate in recent years....

However, the one i played wasn't painted like yours, i think it was a plain sheet of glass on the front (unpainted).
and a few golf balls/flags and guy tee'ing off were painted onto the wood, not the glass.
(i remember even back in the 80's analysing the game structure, and if i could build one up at tech school).

From memory, the playfield was an overall green playfield, with perhaps a slightly darker (olive) green in the coin paths.
It looked (at the time) to simply be a matter of laying small curved ply pieces onto a thicker backboard, the thickness of the ply was enough of an edge for the coin to roll along.
This would have been far easier than trying to cut out the paths with a router.  *%*

Other than colouring, it certainly seems to be the same, coin slot on top-right, small groove to catch your coin at bottom, nothing fancy like a catchment cup etc.
I think the levers on the side were brass? and maybe 'cast' pieces, or flat plates with a lip on them?

Thanx for the pic.
Definately a 2009 project on my list...  :lol

MM.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »
I remember playing something very similar at Lake Tabourie caravan park when i was younger.