Author Topic: J Pop's 1st game - Magic Girl  (Read 16517 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
J Pop's 1st game - Magic Girl
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »
J Pop has gone public with his Magic Girl, looks a beautiful game, leg bolts are killer

here is his progress blog, which it is great to see it getting close to the end

https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:41:04 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: J Pop's 1st game - Magic Girl
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:41:40 PM »
LOVE the artwork!

Offline DSB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:52:11 PM »
The playfield pops. Not sure about the let bolts. Not so kid or pants friendly.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 07:17:31 PM »
Decent sized production facility as well.

swinks, do you know if these are going into mass production or is it still the limited run of 14 units at $17k each?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:19:59 PM by pinsanity »

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
there is a need for those legbolts in coin door region to prevent the old knee in the guts.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »
Zidware is no more, sent by the company taking over Zidware's investments etc.

Dear Fellow Zidware Customers,
Pintasia Design Inc. is the Licensee to MG, RAZA and AIW. We want to share with you who we are and why we are here. We are in the same boat as you. We have interests in both RAZA and MG. By investing our own resources of time, money and efforts, Pintasia on a best efforts basis will do everything that they possibly can to help get back what we all lost to Zidware. To be clear, Pintasia is a third party, and is not a part of Zidware the company or their liabilities.
Pintasia is a newly formed company set up to bring the best talent in all necessary facets of pinball to produce extraordinary games ready for production:
• Business Development - Bill Brandes: business restructuring, real estate holdings, commodities, investment fund
• Finance & Operations - Sabrina Wei: investment banker, business consultant, Deloitte & Touche alumni
• Art Design - Zombie Yeti, artist for MG, RAZA and AIW
• Technical Support - Jim Martin, service and support for machines
• Consultant* (Game Design) - John Popadiuk, Zidware Inc.
• Legal Counsel (USA) – Jordan Litwin, Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC
• Manufacturer – TBD, must be proven quality manufacturer
• Programmer – TBD, must have experience with deep rule sets
* John Popadiuk is strictly a Consultant, he has no interest in Pintasia and does not make any business decisions. His role is strictly defined as artistic design for the completion of the 3 machines in progress.
The agreement provided by our attorney was to quantify Zidware customers enabling us to plan a viable business structure. We have extended the deadline to June 30, 2015, please use updated agreement attached.
We are not asking for money now, and we hope to delay additional payments until production is confirmed. This will largely depend on the manufacturing agreement we enter into. We will release the information upon successful execution.
The Collector's Edition was set at 199, not to encourage an upsell but to allow the opportunity for all Zidware customers to get in on the limited run which will feature special elements. We stress, it is not necessary to have 199 MG-Collector’s Edition ordered to commence production, nor are we forcing anyone to convert from their current title.
The reason we created the Magic Girl Classic is to get possible new sales quicker on a machine that is nearly complete, these potential profits in turn will allow us now to confirm 1:1 credit for RAZA and AIW purchasers.
Our next communication will be strictly answering questions arising from this correspondence. This endeavor was strictly born out of the desire to get the money we all lost to Zidware. We have spoken to many of you personally in the last few days, the positive responses and encouraging words have been absolutely amazing. We want to thank everyone who has lent a hand to help out. For those who we haven’t talked to yet, we invite you to call at your earliest convenience.
Look forward to speaking with you personally,
PINTASIA DESIGN INC.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:05:03 AM »
a few images have been released and worthy of capturing for historical sake in case these games never get finished or become pins like Kingpin with only 3 prototypes circulating in years to come.

the boards and programming was being done by a UK guy myPinballs who has decided to share some of these images which would of been hidden due to Jpops silencing threats.
http://mypinballs.com/electronics/store.jsp

under the playfield

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:07:59 AM »
playfield top and running in a stern cabinet in the UK for programming purposes, and can now see his plans for the big lcd screen in the cabinet.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 01:45:50 PM »
Ta Swinks. Really interesting. So he got this far & was then not picked up by the "liquidation company"?? Too many clear plastic ramps for my taste - but great to see where he got to.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 03:54:55 PM »
I am sure everyone noticed in the latest Pintasia release they used the words
"We are not asking for additional monies yet".

I bet that Pintasia will try to milk as many people for extra funds, hoping to get their investment monies back that they have previously lost apparently to Zidware and JPop, then shortly after the monies and additional bleeding of new and old victims runs dry, they will also do the JPop and cry defeat, but only after they have enough money back to themselves to run and leave the whole mess with as much $ back as they can.

Still love to know where the million has gone.
I hope people don't try and "double down" more money thinking double or nothing will get them their pinball machines or money back cause I firmly believe the chances of these pinballs ever coming to fruition are a billion to one.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Belac

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, VIC.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 03:59:59 PM »
The programmer has come forward with video's he took of the prototype playfield as far back as 2013, appears the game was a lot further on than anyone thought.

Quote from: applejuice@pinside
Attract mode video from 16th December 2013:

Dev video showing operation of the top rollover lanes:

Testing of some motors on the aux coil tests in the service mode:

Finally, some game play video that i shot some time before i got the ramps, install them and made updates for their inclusion. Its quite a short vid and i don't really shoot much, but please appreciate that this was just another dev video for testing out certain features.

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 08:31:56 PM »
I see nothing that justifies $US16. (((

If that was 2013, then how have 2 years have passed with no start to production?  Spooky Pinball did it all in about 2 years.

I'll bet that this 2013 layout is nothing like the current layout.  I'm sure the last few years have been sunk applying change on change on change, with next to nothing finished.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 06:40:45 PM »
the artist behind Magic Girl - Zombie Yeti
https://www.behance.net/zombieyeti

for pinball t-shirts

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »
hmmm - going on the gameplay video not sure buyers would have been happy if they did eventually get a game delivered. not exactly enthralling...
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 09:49:45 AM »
pinball news did a video at this weekends pinball show
utoplay=1&rel=0

can't really see $16k value in this one, not getting the greatest reviews at this weekends show, the backglass is terribly washed out with leds

for pinball t-shirts