Author Topic: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!  (Read 19663 times)

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Ebay China purchases... Be CAREFUL!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2015, 05:01:51 PM »
All of my comments are not referring to buying a single item on Fleabay but rather container loads. If you are buying one or small volumes especially from an eBay seller - well, good luck is all I can say.

maybe you should have read the Title of the thread

you calling people fools for buying from Chinese sellers but at the same time saying china isnt crap
Which one is it?

I believe I have explained myself very clearly but let me say it again perhaps simplified:

If you are buying "one off" from sites such as eBay - good luck. These sellers are most often working from home and sometimes cobbling together things such as experienced by the OP. The proliferation of online buying platforms such as eBay, Alibaba, MadeinChina.com and dozens of others has allowed many shonky sellers to take advantage - what you see on Alibaba as one example is not necessarily what the "company" will be.

If you are an importer OR wish to buy larger quantities then you MUST be in China to buy and supervise or you may not get what you think you are buying. The people that irk me are the ones who come to China for a few days, maybe they attend a trade show and suddenly they are experts on all things China. It doesn't work that way.

China makes all levels of quality, if (as an importer) you are NOT prepared to BE IN CHINA to buy and supervise then I advise DON'T do it.

They can and DO make high quality as well as crap - Australia makes crap as well.

My comments are that you really must have a "hands on" approach if you hope to buy well from China.

I live in China and I conduct business here every day - I really couldn't care if you take notice of my comments or not, please yourself. I believe I am in a pretty strong position to comment on things that happen here but maybe some don't agree with that?

Yer but this isnt a topic about importing containers mate.
The topic was talking about Chinese ebay shit and people talking about their buying experiences on Chinese import shit.
you sat there for ages saying oh Chinese stuff is good but then back tracked when you realized we were talking about Ebay Chinese shit.

and Im glad you are so superior to all us plebs here in Australia and thanks again for telling us how you are so awesome.

If you want to simplify things maybe the OP should have simplified the Topic for you smart arse.

But on your topic
Look at a toaster in Woolworths (Made in China without any doubt) - sold RETAIL for under $10 and the quality is outstanding
Are you on FKN drugs mate? If you call those woolworths toasters outstanding quality id hate to see your quality control.
You know what those woolworth toasters are? fire hazards I bought one for our work shop and the plug was dodgy, the elements burnt out. and later it was recalled because it was a fire hazard.
I cant count how many times I have walked into Woolworths and seen a recall notice on the entry door for some bullshit Chinese made product they sell.
China does not have a satisfactory quality control standard and you your self have pretty much said that.
And you say ebay is to blame? no the zero quality standards that china has is to blame.
Because it really isnt too much to ask for consumers to get what they were apparently being sold.

Regards Rich
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:29:53 PM by guyricho »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2015, 11:01:49 PM »
Rich, in all respect mate I think you are out of order getting personal with Mike because he is the last bloke to think he is awesome and better than anyone, and he certainly is being a smart arse to anyone.

I would suggest you meet the bloke before saying such things.

Mike mentioned containers of stuff from ebay cause I mentioned a guy who bought in 5 containers of LCD televisions.
He knows the thread is and was originally about ebay but his advice re importing or exporting was also designed to help and protect any member who was ever thinking about purchasing large from China as opposed from just one item.
The point was to do your due diligence and your homework.
His words are of wisdom, not words of ego. If u knew Mike personally like myself and others on here do, u would be hard pressed to find a more professional, caring and warm hearted bloke. Mike is here to help, certainly not to hurt or hinder anyone.

Anyway, the point I want to make about products is this.
No one can seriously believe u can buy anything on Ebay from no name brand sellers and get quality.
Ebay is famous for inexpensive products and the cheapest prices. Those words never equal quality from any country in the world or from any seller anywhere.
You have to buy from big name shops and stick to big name products or u are gambling.

The point for the whole thread really from Gavin who posted the thread is "be safe members n check anything electrical". The thread moved on by many people to then be very general and wide about China and manufacturing, buying n selling etc.

A healthy debate includes understanding from the start no one is trying to out score or out point anyone on intelligence or attitude. Everyone is here to help usually.
I personally take exception to people attacking Mike cause I call him a friend and a person who is on this forum to help other people always first and himself last.

If u met the guy, or spoke to him on the phone, you would feel bad u called him a smart arse.
That is far from the guys personality.
Don't confuse passion with arrogance.
Mike is passionate and sometimes tounge in cheek, but he isn't anything but protective of helping out members.
I used to argue with Mike about Toyota, and we had some good debates, but I never lost respect for him and if anything, really enjoyed the fact he cared enough about me as a member to keep typing and getting me to at least think about his knowledge.

We didn't always agree but we always stayed mates. Food for thought.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 05:15:43 AM »
All of my comments are not referring to buying a single item on Fleabay but rather container loads. If you are buying one or small volumes especially from an eBay seller - well, good luck is all I can say.

maybe you should have read the Title of the thread

you calling people fools for buying from Chinese sellers but at the same time saying china isnt crap
Which one is it?

I believe I have explained myself very clearly but let me say it again perhaps simplified:

If you are buying "one off" from sites such as eBay - good luck. These sellers are most often working from home and sometimes cobbling together things such as experienced by the OP. The proliferation of online buying platforms such as eBay, Alibaba, MadeinChina.com and dozens of others has allowed many shonky sellers to take advantage - what you see on Alibaba as one example is not necessarily what the "company" will be.

If you are an importer OR wish to buy larger quantities then you MUST be in China to buy and supervise or you may not get what you think you are buying. The people that irk me are the ones who come to China for a few days, maybe they attend a trade show and suddenly they are experts on all things China. It doesn't work that way.

China makes all levels of quality, if (as an importer) you are NOT prepared to BE IN CHINA to buy and supervise then I advise DON'T do it.

They can and DO make high quality as well as crap - Australia makes crap as well.

My comments are that you really must have a "hands on" approach if you hope to buy well from China.

I live in China and I conduct business here every day - I really couldn't care if you take notice of my comments or not, please yourself. I believe I am in a pretty strong position to comment on things that happen here but maybe some don't agree with that?

Yer but this isnt a topic about importing containers mate.
The topic was talking about Chinese ebay shit and people talking about their buying experiences on Chinese import shit.
you sat there for ages saying oh Chinese stuff is good but then back tracked when you realized we were talking about Ebay Chinese shit.

and Im glad you are so superior to all us plebs here in Australia and thanks again for telling us how you are so awesome.

If you want to simplify things maybe the OP should have simplified the Topic for you smart arse.

But on your topic
Look at a toaster in Woolworths (Made in China without any doubt) - sold RETAIL for under $10 and the quality is outstanding
Are you on FKN drugs mate? If you call those woolworths toasters outstanding quality id hate to see your quality control.
You know what those woolworth toasters are? fire hazards I bought one for our work shop and the plug was dodgy, the elements burnt out. and later it was recalled because it was a fire hazard.
I cant count how many times I have walked into Woolworths and seen a recall notice on the entry door for some bullshit Chinese made product they sell.
China does not have a satisfactory quality control standard and you your self have pretty much said that.
And you say ebay is to blame? no the zero quality standards that china has is to blame.
Because it really isnt too much to ask for consumers to get what they were apparently being sold.

Regards Rich

You really need to have a long hard look at YOURSELF

Think outside the square as you are obviously living in lala land
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »

You really need to have a long hard look at YOURSELF

Think outside the square as you are obviously living in lala land

says the guy who makes his shit in china and calls his product "Australian Owned".
Which BTW is only a technicality  !!@
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 12:59:09 PM by guyricho »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 01:17:55 PM »
I don't have one single customer who calls my products "shit" and I sell worldwide - it certainly is you that has the problem.

Haters are always going to hate - nothing I can (or even want to) do about that.

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »
I don't have one single customer who calls my products "shit" and I sell worldwide - it certainly is you that has the problem.

Haters are always going to hate - nothing I can (or even want to) do about that.

No i think we both share the problem here because I dont particularly like you much- I think your an Arrogant SOB and im sure the feeling is mutual.

The difference is I dont have my Business attached to My comments which will look fantastic on google search for your potential customers.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 01:32:28 PM by guyricho »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »

No i think we both share the problem here because I dont particularly like you much- I think your an Arrogant SOB and im sure the feeling is mutual.

The difference is I dont have my Business attached to My comments which will look fantastic on google search for your potential customers.

If my potential customers judge me by my comments and my beliefs AND they don't like that then I DON'T WANT THEM as customers!

The world is a very big place and you seem to be trapped inside a very small bubble - I actually feel sorry for you.

You have missed the entire point - Homepin is NOT a business - it is my HOBBY so I really couldn't care less if NOBODY bought anything from me.

That is the entire difference between what I do and why I do it and most others that ONLY run a business "for the money".

I don't need or want the money - nothing means LESS to me than money.

"Arrogant SOB" - maybe I am but I have earned those stripes - please tell us exactly what you have done to help the pinball community? Nothing right? I thought so.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:36:24 PM by Homepin »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 02:33:12 PM »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 02:33:42 PM »

Whoa dude
what has Mike ever done to you?

I am not aware of him screwing anybody over

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 03:58:48 PM »
I went to bed hoping for peace and a change after writing my post but I woke up to the opposite. Lol
You can only try. Lol

I pay you respect Pete PBP for your comment.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:01:03 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »
That is the entire difference between what I do and why I do it and most others that ONLY run a business "for the money".

Mate if you weren't in it for the money you would make your shit in Australia not china
You would employ Australians like the rest of us who own businesses.

At the end of the day you are greedy son of a bitch who wants to pay his workers next to nothing to help maximize profits and play the "oh I dont do it for money" card

what a load of bullshit.

If you dont care about money then start giving away free games instead of selling them, why not? you seem to want to make your self out as some sort of Fkn Santa clause  !!@

But what ever helps you sleep at night hey mike?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:43:43 PM by guyricho »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »

Mate if you weren't in it for the money you would make your shit in Australia not china

At the end of the day you are greedy son of a bitch who wants to pay his workers next to nothing to help maximize profits and play the "oh I dont do it for money" card

what a load of bullshit.

If you dont care about money then start giving away free games instead of selling them, why not? you seem to want to make your self out as some sort of Fkn Santa clause  !!@

whoa dude
personal attacks are not cool

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 05:49:55 PM »
How much do you pay your regular assembly line staff mike? how much is the girl on the assembly line being paid per hour in Aussie dollars mate?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 05:54:53 PM »
Ask the Newcastle Pinball Assoc - I just GAVE them a Hankin table to raffle and asked that they donate 50% of the proceeds to Ronald McDonald House in Newcastle and use the balance to run the assoc.

Is that "giving my stuff away" good enough for you?

I won't employ any more in Australia than I need to because of the over the top costs that make it impossible to manufacture a pinball machine there. If you think my Chinese staff are paid "next to nothing" then that proves exactly that you don't know anything about China - it is a LOT more expensive here than many realise. The advantages are simple, I can buy practically any part or have any service done such as plating, mould making etc etc all within a 10km radius of my factory - you just can't do that in Australia.

Again, please remind us exactly what it is you have done for the pinball community?

PS - sorry for the thread hi-jack Gavin but I felt my responses were required.

what a load of bullshit.

If you dont care about money then start giving away free games instead of selling them, why not? you seem to want to make your self out as some sort of Fkn Santa clause  !!@

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 06:00:30 PM »
Ask the Newcastle Pinball Assoc - I just GAVE them a Hankin table to raffle and asked that they donate 50% of the proceeds to Ronald McDonald House in Newcastle and use the balance to run the assoc.

Is that "giving my stuff away" good enough for you?

I won't employ any more in Australia than I need to because of the over the top costs that make it impossible to manufacture a pinball machine there. If you think my Chinese staff are paid "next to nothing" then that proves exactly that you don't know anything about China - it is a LOT more expensive here than many realise. The advantages are simple, I can buy practically any part or have any service done such as plating, mould making etc etc all within a 10km radius of my factory - you just can't do that in Australia.

Again, please remind us exactly what it is you have done for the pinball community?

PS - sorry for the thread hi-jack Gavin but I felt my responses were required.

what a load of bullshit.

You gave one a away for a Raffle, shit my business is like tiny compared to you and I given Tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff away for charity.

Again how much do you pay your workers in china in Aus dollars?

your not worried about making money so why not employ Australians we need investment in this country? The truth is you are maximizing profits so dont fkn lie mate.
I hate people who lie

you could be here like the rest of us employing aprentices and giving jobs to Australians.
you dont care about moneyand we have a massive rate of youth unemployment that needs business like you to help with. but NO the bottom dollar is all you give a shit about
Then you come out and say you are like santa claus giving away a free table WOW
while the rest of us eploy and help train kids here and do our damnedest to keep them employed while guys like you fuk off over seas

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:07:40 PM by guyricho »