Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - part 22 - bossninja17  (Read 9803 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
I can't add anymore superlatives to this post. Well done mate and thanks for sharing!

Ditto .. Thoroughly enjoyed it  ^^^ ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Anyone seen a Stern "Disco"? (see graduation pic)

Somewhat rare game with only 800 made.

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Bossninja what month were you born ?  I was born in OCT 1957 , very similar pin stories as you so I spose I will put my hand up for the questionaire !^!

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
July - I' don't recall much about it at the time!

I think we all have a pinball story in us. If not for the pressures of time, I could have written a lot more as I have great memories of playing pins.

I remember (now I'm sounding old) my first visit to the pins at Macquarie Uni. A guy named Boris (who knows if that was his real name) had a key that opened the King Kool machine. He was glad to share it with me. I hated the double flippers, but the price to play was right.

Mama's at Epping was an institution. There were 2 machines, you could buy a chip roll for 5c (hold the hepatitis) and mama would chase you if you slammed the machines. One day there was a dead possum on Beecroft Rd that had been hit by a car. One of the regulars picked it up and threw it in the boiling oil and ran off after yelling "Cook that, Mama!". Mama just scooped the possum out of the vat and threw it away - but never changed the oil! - It was that sort of place.
Sadly it is no longer there.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Cant believe its not there with that sort of Food safety going on the place should have been a gold mine lol.  MMMM Roadkill

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Excellent read champ! Good luck with pro football too as im struggling with one myself. Thanks again!
Rob - I've just read through the 8 pages of your Pro Football post. It's going to be very useful when I get back to repairing mine. Will compare notes with you!
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
July - I' don't recall much about it at the time!

I think we all have a pinball story in us. If not for the pressures of time, I could have written a lot more as I have great memories of playing pins.

I remember (now I'm sounding old) my first visit to the pins at Macquarie Uni. A guy named Boris (who knows if that was his real name) had a key that opened the King Kool machine. He was glad to share it with me. I hated the double flippers, but the price to play was right.

Mama's at Epping was an institution. There were 2 machines, you could buy a chip roll for 5c (hold the hepatitis) and mama would chase you if you slammed the machines. One day there was a dead possum on Beecroft Rd that had been hit by a car. One of the regulars picked it up and threw it in the boiling oil and ran off after yelling "Cook that, Mama!". Mama just scooped the possum out of the vat and threw it away - but never changed the oil! - It was that sort of place.
Sadly it is no longer there.
Aaahhh Mark, Same place same good times, Nothing beats a bandaid roll or a fresh possum burger...Still remember when that new-ish Kiss got wheeled into the public bar at the pub followed by a paragon later I think??

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Bossninja what month were you born ?  I was born in OCT 1957 , very similar pin stories as you so I spose I will put my hand up for the questionaire !^!

no worries - I'll add you to the list, SPURR
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
That was just a fantastic read.. thanks for sharing ^^^ ^^^
And the pics were a nice touch too. wish i'd thought to add pics when i did MY questionaire.. BUGGER  :lol

Well Done!!

Cheers.. Mitch

Offline hamish_nz

• Forum Posts:
Thanks for sharing a great read  #*#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Ty for a great insight in our hobby (or obsession for some of us). I like your call on fav early SS. Nugent and Flash I will never part with. Luv the Volley, its at the top of my wish list.
 #*#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle

Lookin forward to it Mark!

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Some  pics of the pins mentioned

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Pin pics

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Well Bossninja, due to a hectic week it has taken me almost until the next Sunday Pinball Questionnaire to get through that - and I'm glad I did! Great stories, thanks for sharing.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”