Author Topic: Longest game search  (Read 958 times)

Offline Scotty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
Re: Longest game search
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 09:38:36 AM »
5 yrs. - EarthShaker, maybe this week. %$% retro  %$%

Ha ha!! Tomorrow is D day!
Yep, its stayin in the community  $#$
Since69

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 09:39:56 AM »

And at a bargain price too!

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 09:50:03 AM »

And at a bargain price too!
Wow, I couldn't believe my eyes. Whats wrong with all those other bidders ? Im seriously stunned  !@# but ecstatic at the same time.
Scott
Since69

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2015, 10:10:10 AM »
..You win some.. you lose some. That's how an auction pans out at end of day.

Id say most bidders were still in bed.
Some bidders stopped at $500!

But at under $1700... you did well my friend.. congratulations!

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2015, 11:01:53 AM »
Since69

Offline plong

• Forum Posts:
  • Castlemaine Vic
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
Well done Scott on the Earthshaker I am sitting at home crying As a dilemma came up this morning and was to late to slip in my final bid . Great buy at that price as I was happy to go to 18 plus 4 for delivery to Vic. No prizes for the second highest bid though. When your done with it I will take it off your hands.

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 12:21:12 PM »
Well done Scott on the Earthshaker I am sitting at home crying As a dilemma came up this morning and was to late to slip in my final bid . Great buy at that price as I was happy to go to 18 plus 4 for delivery to Vic. No prizes for the second highest bid though. When your done with it I will take it off your hands.
Will never be seen outside of this community again !  ^^^
Since69

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »
Eart shaker at $1700 only. Bargain. These usually sell for $2250 to $2500 these days in good nick.

I personally think the only way to maximise sale prices on ebay is to have a Buy it Now price with a make an offer.

Auctions are far too risky.  Congrats on the purchase.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 06:57:54 PM »
Eart shaker at $1700 only. Bargain. These usually sell for $2250 to $2500 these days in good nick.

I personally think the only way to maximise sale prices on ebay is to have a Buy it Now price with a make an offer.

Auctions are far too risky.  Congrats on the purchase.

Ach - I always do an auction starting at $1... have faith in the product. This is though the first time ive had one go low on me and  8.30am Saturday morning.Yeh... sleeping off the rum..LOL.
But.. I look at it this way.. I had much better offers if I could ship, but to wrap, pallet and drop off at depot is pretty much a days work to me.. I wont get much more done to earn a crust. If im hired for a full day, then I charge $500.. so I guess it all evens out.
Hey!!! Old Scotty is bloody happy and good on him!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 07:10:44 PM »
I started buying bits for ES so if Scotty needs ramp protectors, motor bushes and new skill shot plastics. PM me, I will sell for what I paid for them off RTBB. Congrats too  ^^^

BTW the longest I had to wait was 3 1/2 years for a Fish Tales! I shit you not. Was meant to be for my bros 50th and couldn't get one in time. Bought a donkey LW3 and did it up for him, he was very happy with that.
Then 1 week after I give this to him 2 x FT rock up and so I bought one for myself and added colour DMD etc etc. Great game and yes this is also at my Big Bro's place - not for long though as I have to thin out a bit and help pay for my WNBJM. $ $ $  &^&
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2015, 09:21:13 PM »
Once upon a time Fishtales were plentiful, but like real fish in the sea, they are now scarce and the prices have climbed high. People are hanging onto Fishtales so getting another good one will be hard.
Would your brother buy it off you. A win win if u know what I mean. Money towards Whoa Nellie for you and a great pin stays in the family.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 10:22:01 PM »
No way, FT is a keeper for me and it is coming back to my place. His mrs ( my sister in law ) said no more pins, pfft!
Thus the thin out and I will take all except the LW3 back from them. Silly buggers, had to turn down Gav's ES because of that.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 10:56:54 PM »
I started buying bits for ES so if Scotty needs ramp protectors, motor bushes and new skill shot plastics. PM me, I will sell for what I paid for them off RTBB. Congrats too  ^^^

BTW the longest I had to wait was 3 1/2 years for a Fish Tales! I shit you not. Was meant to be for my bros 50th and couldn't get one in time. Bought a donkey LW3 and did it up for him, he was very happy with that.
Then 1 week after I give this to him 2 x FT rock up and so I bought one for myself and added colour DMD etc etc. Great game and yes this is also at my Big Bro's place - not for long though as I have to thin out a bit and help pay for my WNBJM. $ $ $  &^&

Sold. Pm sent
Since69

Offline plong

• Forum Posts:
  • Castlemaine Vic
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 12:01:01 AM »
What's going on with the Earthshaker I was the losing bidder (another story) cried for a few days then moved on. Talk about crying now I see it relisted . Why because in the interim I brought a funhouse and now I don't have the finances. But I will be more than happy when it arrives from Qld. Bloody hell Scotty I sent 2 messages and my shipping was organised to Vic

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »
Its a long story, but the buyer was going to drive and pick up ( pick up only)... then he changed his mind and wanted me to wrap it and have Ego come pick it up... hardly ideal but so long as Ego got here by 7am at the latest, it was possible.... just.
Then im in a bank talking to them regarding signage and buyer rings me.. I tell him im busy and ill ring back when out of the meeting. I forget to do this. Buyer then rings while im driving and so I pull over.. can he have my bank details. explain im pulled over to side of road and don't have them on me... talk later.
then im in another meeting with a new restaurant and my phone rings so I flick it to automatic reply " im in a meeting".. phone immediately rings again so I disable the call.. phone rings again. By this time my potential customer is commenting on the persistent phone caller ( I have no idea who it is.. its just a number on my work phone).. phone rings again so this time, I have to turn off my work phone so I can conduct business.
Once meeting is over, I turn my phone on and have 33 calls and 12 text messages all of which are sarcastic remarks about me being in "meetings" and " you ready to ring me now.. ring me now".
So I ring the customer and ask what the F his problem is... turns out he is upset that im running a business and not dealing with his issue of changing AGAIN how he is going to pick up the machine.. an argument ensues... im trying to run my business not pander to continued changes of arrangements. pinball selling isn't my business.. making and selling signage is. Deliberately clog up my phone thinking its funny is out of order.
Anyway, cut a long story short, I didn't want the guy coming anywhere near my house even if he was going to eventually pick it up.. wouldnt have been a friendly meeting so I cancelled the deal.
He's going to take me to court and sue for full market value etc etc etc.
His story ( as my Ebay feedback now says plus some post on here that I didn't see but was told about) is that I refused to sell it to him because it didn't sell for enough. This isn't true... he was more than welcome to the machine at the winning bid.. didn't matter to me.
I just want the machine sold to someone who is going to turn up with a ute at an arranged time, load it up and slip some $$'s into my hand.. im happy, buyer is happy.
Not sure why that has to be so friggin hard?