Author Topic: Longest game search  (Read 967 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Longest game search
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:31:50 PM »
What's the longest you've had to wait to find the machine you were after?

I guess I've been reasonably lucky really, about 12 months for my Bride of Pinbot was the longest I've had to wait to find a machine and even then I could have brought other ones but they wouldn't have been the right Bride of Pinbot for me. The first one I found fell through and there were several others that popped up along the way but for one reason or another they weren't what I was looking for.
 The rest of my machines were found within months of starting to seriously chase them and a couple I wasn't really even looking for but the opportunity came up.
In alot of ways the chase is half the fun but nothing really beats getting them home for your first game.
In this hobby it's hard not to always have a couple of games you're at least passively looking out for. I know I alway do.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Longest game search
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 08:59:05 PM »
Once I get the urge to buy, its a matter of what I liked playing or reading about since the last purchase and getting the first decent specimen of the game. ToM was an impulse buy, tz, rfm, swep1, and fh were wants and spacey and embryon were opportunities that came up when not in the market for a game. But yes, no matter how long or short the hunt was, its always great fun. Longest search say a month or two
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:24 PM »
7 years and still didn't get it, yet.

I made a list of about fifty machines I wanted on my dream list. Twilight Zone was on there but about three quarters down. Everytime one came up it was either not good enough, too expensive or I had committed that month to buy something else on the list and was half way thru paying that game off. 7 years later, I still want to buy a Twilight Zone in great orig nick and at a sensible price, same for Addams Family, but something weird happened, Stern started making excellent brand new in box titles and all my last buys have been new Sterns.

Everything is crossed off my 90,s DMD list, except Twilight Zone and Addams Family.
But people want really stupid money so I just keep getting pushed to the brand new Stern Pro models.

I am kicking myself I missed out on a new in box Twilight Zone I found in the original box at a general store, hidden out the back and boxed 6 months after it went on site. It was replaced by a new one and the company never picked it up. The 6 month old one developed a fault on the board. The shop was in the middle of no where. Allied Industries never picked it up and it went off their radar til I found it 15 something years later. This was Apx five years ago. I did the deal and it was mine. Then the grandson got involved and wanted ridiculous money. Oh well. Close but not close enough.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:00:22 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:01:14 PM »
Over 10 years for my ROCKET SHIP and it sits in a shed on its back awaiting the resurrection!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 03:54:17 AM »
Still looking for a fireball
Found one in the 80s, but even then they wanted $1800, so I settled for a Black Knight for $1000
Almost got one last year, but communications fell apart

Offline valentin27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 07:38:49 AM »
2 years for gottlieb Knock Out (1950).
But considering my wishlist, I will need few more years to find some of them.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 08:11:38 AM »
2 years for gottlieb Knock Out (1950).
But considering my wishlist, I will need few more years to find some of them.

PM sent

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 09:40:10 AM »
Retropin - you need to get that Rocket Ship resurrected (I guess it's like mechanics that drive cars needing work - no time  *%*).

Pete - no more for you until your lineup is up & running (I'd take Nino up on his offer to help kickstart it if I were you  %$%). You already have an awesome collection but yeah Fireball would be great.

I had TZ on my wish list but it just sounds like too much maintenance/ potential for mech probs for someone newer to pins. I haven't needed a tech yet (mainly thanks to AP & members) - but TZ I think would push me into a tech callout lol.

I am after a CV - it is my grail pin - but it has to be tidy & I know I'll need to pay, but I also don't want to pay crazy money - so I guess I'll say 6 months & counting....

Fun thread crashramp.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 09:48:49 AM »
Andypinboy, I only listed the Bally's
The full list is 34 games
;)

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 09:52:15 AM »
Andypinboy, I only listed the Bally's
The full list is 34 games
;)

Holy crap!! Oh well, good luck to you - I can only dream of a collection like that (I have space in the games room  for 6, missus says 2 is enough already).
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 10:03:25 AM »
15 Years - For a Bally Fathom. They simply didn't exist except for one in NSW that I knew of. A basketcase appeared on eBay around 7-8 years ago and it sold before the auction had finished. I bought mine from Germany and had it air shipped over. In 2010, I bought a container that had 2 Fathoms. I've restored a Fathom for a customer. They are a lot easier to find these days.

15 Years - Williams Winner. Dad had one and I want all the williams Widebody EMs - Zodiac, Planets and 4 Aces. I traded with Oscar for this title.

12 Years - Bally Nit It and Fireball. Became a running joke with a spotter who bought NINE Nip Its for me ! Fireball I have was HUO.

10 Years - GTB Super Score. Had opportunities, but the planets didn't align - still looking

10 Years - GTB Rocket Ship. Had opportunities, but the planets didn't align - still looking. Sentimental as this was the forst game Dad imported. Original game is with a collector - and he won't sell it to me !!

10 Years - Embryon - Purchased from Wotto 3-4 years ago
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »
5 yrs. - EarthShaker, maybe this week. %$% retro  %$%
Since69

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 06:51:36 PM »

Ha ha!! Tomorrow is D day!

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »
Retropin - you need to get that Rocket Ship resurrected (I guess it's like mechanics that drive cars needing work - no time  yes).

Oh the shed is full of them.. SOUTHERN BELLE... MYSTIC MARVEL ( had this for about 7 years now).. ROCKET SHIP..TRIPLE ACTION ( Genco)..52 UNITED SUPER SHUFFLE... too many machine and no room!!!....Yet.. && && &&

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 07:20:33 PM »

Ha ha!! Tomorrow is D day!
Ha ha, I use paypal.  <.> unless dealing outside of the bay  &&
Since69