Author Topic: Biggest Pinball Regrets  (Read 1822 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Biggest Pinball Regrets
« on: April 15, 2015, 06:03:09 PM »
Inspired by PBP's "favorite pin when you were a kid" thread I thought I would try to keep the light hearted stuff going. This may have been done before so if it has I apologize. Anyway what are the biggest pinball regrets that you can remember? For me it's all to do with buying (or not buying) machines or selling machines that i later regretted, but it could be anything like for example the time you plugged the wrong conector to the wrong socket and blew a board.
For me in order of what I can remember;
1-Not acting fast enough and missing out on Nino's T3 (thanks Wotto)
2-Not acting fast enough and missing out on Marty's Fish Tales (thanks Pintoxicated)
3-Missing out on Wottos White Water.
4-Selling my Shadow (I loved that machine and still kick myself for moving it on to make room for T2)
All of these things happened 2 to 3 years ago and they still hurt  ^.^

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
Re: Biggest Pinball Regrets
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 06:32:09 PM »
Does not having enough space count? When we built our home we were a console family.

Now that we are pinheadz too, space has become our greatest regret :(

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
Re: Re: Biggest Pinball Regrets
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 06:32:50 PM »
Well since I kast posted on ap I have had to sell my whole collection of pins and arcades due to a failed business and having to provide for my 5 kids. I lost 20 pins in various condition from fully working to fully project. That was 18 months ago. But a week ago I found a Phantom of the Opera really cheaps so I look at it as easy come easy go and lessons learned even though it was a shitty lesson to learn.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 06:57:34 PM »
Niup, no regrets

sometimes let my heart rule rather than my head, but you learn by making mistakes

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 07:10:38 PM »
Not buying fasteddy's eight ball - seriously
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 07:13:47 PM »
Not buying fasteddy's eight ball - seriously

yeah I almost went that one as well but the distance stopped me. He also had a firepower with new playfield for sale a few years back and it was the distance that stopped me on that one as well always prefer to buy local where possible.

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 07:17:22 PM »
Not buying an MM, TOTAN, CC, AFM & MB back in the late 90's when I had the chance to get them at a great price.
I just didn't have anymore room as I already had 5 in my 2 bed apartment in North Sydney at the time and leaving them in the garage wasn't an option really as I had a break-in previously. I had a Qantas pilot living next door and did ask him if I could put a few in his place (he was single) but he had too much crap in there already.  <.>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:19:21 PM by Wiked »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 07:30:50 PM »
Having a dream and believing a bullshit artist

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 07:42:07 PM »
Having a dream and believing a bullshit artist
can you provide any more details Dan?

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:13:07 PM »
Life is too short for regrets
Everything for a reason!

Letting my brother home my FT
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 08:34:27 PM »
Not taking any photos of all the places where I played pinball in the 1970/80s.
If someone can invent a brain scanner there would be a lot of memories to paint.

Walking past a pinball arcade in Broadway, Sydney the music to the ears was awesome. 30 pinballs on each side of the long arcade with old timber floors. At least half the machines were played at any given time. You would hear a mixture of sounds from the Bally SS machines (they were real popular), with the Gorgar, Me Got You, Black Hole, Firepower, Flash, Stellar Wars and those Space Invader machines playing in unison to David Bowie's Heroes.

I vividly remember those moments, but we did not have the technology to capture them except for expensive Kodak film. Regretably, I did not capture those special moments.

If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 08:41:28 PM »
Marty's FT machine is still going strong and takes pride of place in our holiday house at Talbingo......check out www.driftinn.com.au

Probably one of the best all round deals I have got.
Addicted to pins.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 08:44:54 PM »
Not taking any photos of all the places where I played pinball in the 1970/80s.
If someone can invent a brain scanner there would be a lot of memories to paint.

Walking past a pinball arcade in Broadway, Sydney the music to the ears was awesome. 30 pinballs on each side of the long arcade with old timber floors. At least half the machines were played at any given time. You would hear a mixture of sounds from the Bally SS machines (they were real popular), with the Gorgar, Me Got You, Black Hole, Firepower, Flash, Stellar Wars and those Space Invader machines playing in unison to David Bowie's Heroes.

I vividly remember those moments, but we did not have the technology to capture them except for expensive Kodak film. Regretably, I did not capture those special moments.

Sounds very cool ^^^

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
Marty's FT machine is still going strong and takes pride of place in our holiday house at Talbingo......check out www.driftinn.com.au

Probably one of the best all round deals I have got.
yeah you snapped that one up real quick as I recall. I read the post shortly after Marty posted it and within an hour decided to go for it went back to the post and she's gone. Good for you though you snooze you loose as they say. Good machines at the right price always move fast.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
Being blatantly honest.
Regret living in a massive house where I could buy n  fit 50 machines, then getting divorced after 16 years and moving into a 3 bedroom townhouse which MEANS I have to pay a storage bill every month for the majority of the pinball collection until I buy a bigger house ...I am proud of the pinballs cause it all came from 7 days a week, 16 hr days of blood sweat n tears to earn. Nothing ever came easy.

But I can't complain, I still have 2 great kids, a pinball collection still and have happily dumped the Wife who was a financial parasite. Amazing how people treat you when u stop giving them thousands per week....lol

It could be worse, no storage bill would mean no pinball collection. Rather have the monthly bill and the collection than not.

Oh, real regret, getting 2 torn disks in my back moving all the heavy farkin things. Why are pinball machines so dam heavy. Lol

But I wouldnt change a thing. I love pinball and the more we learn the more we evolve.
Enjoy all the great friends I have got thru pinball. Awesome.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !