Author Topic: Introduce Yourself ! Section needs new blood and new members !  (Read 2037 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
The Introduce Yourself Section needs more members to join in and tell us about your pinball past, present and future.

When u first got into pinball.
Where you played.
What you played.
First machine you bought.
What's your collection like today.
Machines you sold.
Any interesting stories.
What you want out of pinball for the future. Etc etc
Planning on a Stern USA factory tour or a JJP Factory tour.
A trip perhaps to a pinball show in Aistralia or overseas.

And many other similar types of info you would like to add.
There are many examples of other members write ups.

It may even be a good idea for existing members who may not have done a update as to their collecting or collections since joining the forum or if something pinball like has come or gone in your pinball hobby.

It's a great way to get to know both new and existing members and it's always great to read about other people and their pinball hobby and assosciated interests.

Who wants to put their hand up and tell their first or updated pinball story ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Us oldie probably intimidate the new guys

Some guy who has two old sys 11, and thinks he is a legend ( which he is)
But then cones on the forum and see us chatting about LE sterns (which are unaffordable to most) or our collections of 20+ games (who has THAT much space?) And thus the new guy feels that he cannot contribute

IMHO even if you have only one game, that puts you ahead of the general populace who wishes they has one game!

Offline coon82

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Hi guys,

I've been on the forum since late 2011and have been planning on starting a thread with my story/games room for a while since completing building my house and getting my life back late last year.

At this stage I have a fairly modest collection of 3 pins and an atomiswave arcade cabinet with the arcade roms. Whilst I'm not as technically minded as many on AP, I enjoy pinball.

Seeing this thread has motivated me to get my arse into gear so once I get a chance I'll take a few pics and post a write up.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
I think the best way to look after noobs is ensuring all members treat them with respect & courtesy. My estimate is 99.9% plus of the people on here are genuinely supportive good guys that help mentor noobs in what is a productive & thoroughly enjoyable hobby (eg. I've had members who cld've made money offer to talk me through fixing issues myself).

I have 2 pins that I have long wanted bc I played them a LOT in my younger days - Shadow & Demo Man. I am looking to get 4 more as the missus doesn't really understand  *.* & that's what will fit perfectly on "my wall" of the games room. Been on AP around 4 months - so still a noob - & damn proud of it  %$%
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 11:18:09 AM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Register your interest here - http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=517.0

We can get the ball rolling again. It was great fun in the early days !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Excellent result if we have some takers !
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !