Author Topic: Pinball Wall Art idea !  (Read 130 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Pinball Wall Art idea !
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:33:21 PM »
I have had a Pinball Wall Art idea for a while and wanted to share it with other members who might have the computer talent to pull it off. OR someone may have done it already.

Basically, I have a good 70 or more NOS Translites in my Pinball DMD Translite collection but I don't have the room to have them all up on the walls so it got me thinking. Someone may have done this already on their computer so I thought it could be an easy idea to transfer the idea to a lounge room or games room wall but on a huge TV, not a computer monitor.

I was thinking take photos of all the Translites, put them on to a USB Stick and have the Translite images appear for ten seconds each then the image refreshes to the next Translite image, just like people do with photos on a computer screen but I wanted to mount a 40 or 55 inch LCD/LED Television on the wall with a power point behind. The translite images on sites like Internet Pinball Data Base are numerous so photo stock is plenty available.
You could do Translite images one after the other ( or even add full pinball machine shots) and have an endless supply of digital images refreshing every 5 or 10 seconds.

I wanted to have the images appear the same size on the TV as the real translites are minimum etc.

Has anyone put a big TV up on the Wall and done something similar ?

I thought it would just be like having a real Translite up on the wall but instead it could be 50 translites that just loop one after the other.

ALDI was selling 55 inch LED/LCD TVs for $555 the other day.
(I bought one of these already for a spare bedroom a year ago and it's crystal clear and has a 3 year warranty and hasn't missed a beat).

Does anyone know if there is a CD or program out there already with hundreds of Translites on it already to save me saving all the images from IPDB or taking photos of my Translites.

I thought it would make for some cool and large Digital Pinball Wall Art.

Any thoughts ? ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !