Author Topic: Homepin's Thunderbirds Pinball - latest update May 2015  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Pavlov Pinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
    • Pavlov Pinball
Homepin's Thunderbirds Pinball - latest update May 2015
« on: May 01, 2015, 03:44:56 AM »
Hi all,

I've just talking to Mike from Homepin about Thunderbirds Pinball, his license, and when the game will be released.

If you're interested you can read about it at:

http://pavlovpinball.com/thunderbirds-pinball-may-2015-update/

Cheers,

Paul
Editor, pavlovpinball.com

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Thanks Paul, great read.

We will probably find Homepin coils in Williams machines down the track. Homepin gear looks like it is top quality and very robust build.

Lot of us wish Mike the best in a risky and tough venture.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Good update and a good read.

I noticed that the license end date is 31 Dec, 2017.  Was the original plan to have an ongoing license without an end date?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Great read.

"Note to our American readers: cricket is a game much like baseball but with more moustaches. It also lasts for days."

Classic !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Once again great read Paul  ()

That's our Mike, Says it as it is  ^^^

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
Great article, thanks.

Disappointed that the release is delayed but happy that they are taking the time to make a good game. Very excited to hear about other titles in the works.

Offline StuartT

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Good read!

Happy to hear the theme is the original show.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!

I noticed that the license end date is 31 Dec, 2017.  Was the original plan to have an ongoing license without an end date?

All licences have an "end date". This doesn't mean it can't be extended by mutual arrangement.

My licence DOES include a provision that I can sell spare parts with licenced art FOREVER!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I laughed at the part where Mike has perhaps rubbed a few people on Pinside the wrong way. Lol

Like who gives a fark about some tosses on some website (any forum website for that matter) who hold themselves out to be the hierarchy of world wide pinball. The hidden "Nerd Mafia Keyboard Bosses) who hold themselves above the station of all the pinball manufacturers. Lol

It cracks me up. Most of the people to pass negative judgement on Mike wouldn't have the intelligence or engineering talent Mike has in his little toe.

A good article. I can see why the Author was very much on the fence with a lot of the subtle things he said because of all the failures in the pinball industry who have had total dishonesty incl non existent licences (Predator) and companies like Heighway who are so so far behind schedule with cancelled titles and designers who have left in moral protest like Alien, or Dutch with its USA Dealer and Financial Implosion, just to name a few.

When Mike finishes and ships his a Thunderbirds, he will be only one of the big three to have successfully walked the walk as well as talked the talk.

It will be Stern, JJP and Homepin that have actually manufactured a proper pinball.
Not an easy road. Massive time and investment and engineering excellence to pull this off.
It's easily understandable why the time flys past and there is always much to do.
Later and correct is always better than earlier and crappy when it comes to delivery schedules of any highly engineered product.

I have been studying companies like Northrop Grumman Military in the USA.
Even with their billions and there massive workforce of tens of thousands of people, they have run well past deadline on all most every project in the last ten years. In today's pinball market, having something come out exactly on or around time would be a miracle. Just not enough people and capital in our tiny market place but us Aussies never give up so I am fully supportive of Homepin and Mike.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Great read :) looking forward to release later in the year :)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW

All licences have an "end date". This doesn't mean it can't be extended by mutual arrangement.

My licence DOES include a provision that I can sell spare parts with licenced art FOREVER!

That makes sense, I had it in the back of my head that licensed parts wouldn't be an issue in the future as they are with most other licensed titles as many of us are finding out.  So basically you have until a set date to manufacture the machine itself but you can produce spare parts indefinitely yeah?
Addicted to pins.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Yes, I have approval to sell spare parts and PF toys with licenced art for as long as the machines last......

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Yes, I have approval to sell spare parts and PF toys with licenced art for as long as the machines last......

Nicely done Mike! Pity other manufacturers did not have such foresight - although I suppose "in the day" they didn't care about machines ten years later as they wanted to keep selling the latest and greatest. Nice to know you won't have that restriction and have an eye to the future home use owner.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Great read. Keep up the good work Mike!
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
When Mike finishes and ships his a Thunderbirds, he will be only one of the big three to have successfully walked the walk as well as talked the talk.

It will be Stern, JJP and Homepin that have actually manufactured a proper pinball.

Spooky Pinball have manufactured and shipped machines, although not in the same quantity as Stern and JJP.
Heighway pinball have manufactured and shipped their Bacardi machine (not a full pinball) and have a their first full game (Full Throttle) on the production line (they have posted pictures) so I imagine it will be shipping by the time Homepin's first game comes out.

As for the other companies, a few are scheduled to begin production by the end of the year (Dutch Pinball, Multimorphic, etc.) but there is nothing concrete yet so I'll guess we will have to wait and see. Should be an exciting second half to 2015.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:22:59 PM by solar value »