Author Topic: Anyone been in contact with Pinsanity?  (Read 7751 times)

Offline turbo27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Anyone been in contact with Pinsanity?
« on: May 12, 2015, 05:00:46 PM »
Just curious, we had contact re a container of pins he was importing, but all quiet.

And I noticed from his profile he hasn't even been active on AP since April 15.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=profile;u=33

Hope all is ok.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Anyone been in contact with Pinsanity?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 05:29:13 PM »
I think he is on holiday.

Ask one of the Moderators.

I am sure he will be back sooner or later and hope he is.

Send him a PM if he has a offsite email address listed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:32:37 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:19 PM »
Pinsanity is having a holiday from AP after an unfortunate bit of AP biffo. I hope he comes back too - he was good to me when I joined AP & also seemed to offer a hell of a lot re restoring pins, helping others etc. Get the feeling he doesn't suffer fools gladly which may not have helped...
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »
Thanks for the info.
I also have a good story, out of the blue pinsanity suggested to me my IJ had the wrong bumper caps and then offered to post free of charge the correct ones....
I take people as I find them...... ^^^ from me

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:29:15 PM »
Gotta say things have been smooth sailing since he went on leave :)

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:08 PM »
Did see a post from him recently on pinside, hopefully back from vacation soon  ()

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
Just curious, we had contact re a container of pins he was importing, but all quiet.

Hope all is ok.

All good mate. Had a bit of a delay to the original planned schedule as discussed earlier as I decided I wanted to inspect in person first, but it is now in transit and back on track. Managed to organise it around a holiday in Europe at the same time so it has worked out well.

Will keep in touch privately via email. Catching up now on private messages and have just read your PM as well, hope you had a great time in the US.   ^^^

Pinsanity is having a holiday from AP after an unfortunate bit of AP biffo. I hope he comes back too - he was good to me when I joined AP & also seemed to offer a hell of a lot re restoring pins, helping others etc. Get the feeling he doesn't suffer fools gladly which may not have helped...

Thanks andy appreciate the support. Haven't been on the forum for quite some time as I had some other business to attend to overseas as above. Speaking of not suffering fools gladly, I was just skimming back over the old posts from the last six weeks and happened to notice the self-appointed sheriff and a couple of deputies accuse you of being my forum double when you had the "audacity" to offer your own opinion on a subject. Talk about a public failure from the supposed "brains trust" of AP! That's what happens when groupthink mentality overrides independent thought process.

Thanks for the info.
I also have a good story, out of the blue pinsanity suggested to me my IJ had the wrong bumper caps and then offered to post free of charge the correct ones....

Thanks, turbo. Most of the help and advice I give I tend to do privately given the cliquish nature of the hobby we have down under but I appreciate your fortitude in making a public acknowledgement of it. More attitudes like yours from SA pinball collectors and less of the ingrained toadyism mindset we have come to expect from some of our other local members can only help to raise the profile of the SA pinball community in a positive way.  ^^^

No doubt, but what a boring stagnant hobby it would be if we all took on the role of servile lapdogs grovelling at the feet of arrogant solipsists.

Did see a post from him recently on pinside, hopefully back from vacation soon  ()

Cheers skywalker and thanks for the support.

It was a great trip with at times some difficult decisions that had to be made.... ^^^

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:41:26 PM by pinsanity »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 06:47:25 PM »
good to see you back in the land of OZ  ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »
No you didn't????  Or did you???  Nice looking RR for the collection

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »
Welcome back Pinsanity. He, yeah I'm glad you are back as I've been called you or your besty several times  :lol  I would have explained we've never met, I live in a different state & I have zero interest in the politics of the pinball scene, but I've learned it's best to hit ignore. One AP member did advise me early on with the quote, "Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." This is very good advice - just took me a while to take it. Anyway, all good now. Looks like you've had a pretty good break seeing those choices - good stuff.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 07:27:02 PM »

Hope all is ok.

All good mate. Had a bit of a delay to the original planned schedule as discussed earlier as I decided I wanted to inspect in person first, but it is now in transit and back on track. Managed to organise it around a holiday in Europe at the same time so it has worked out well.

Will keep in touch privately via email. Catching up now on private messages and have just read your PM as well, hope you had a great time in the US.   ^^^

Thanks andy appreciate the support. Haven't been on the forum for quite some time as I had some other business to attend to overseas as above. Speaking of not suffering fools gladly, I was just skimming back over the old posts from the last six weeks and happened to notice the self-appointed sheriff and a couple of deputies accuse you of being my forum double when you had the "audacity" to offer your own opinion on a subject. Talk about a public failure from the supposed "brains trust" of AP! That's what happens when groupthink mentality overrides independent thought process.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks, turbo. Most of the help and advice I give I tend to do privately given the cliquish nature of the hobby we have down under but I appreciate your fortitude in making a public acknowledgement of it. More attitudes like yours from SA pinball collectors and less of the ingrained toadyism mindset we have come to expect from some of our other local members can only help to raise the profile of the SA pinball community in a positive way.  ^^^

No doubt, but what a boring stagnant hobby it would be if we all took on the role of servile lapdogs grovelling at the feet of arrogant solipsists.

Did see a post from him recently on pinside, hopefully back from vacation soon  ()

Cheers skywalker and thanks for the support.

It was a great trip with at times some difficult decisions that had to be made.... ^^^

Glad you are back from your holidays but wasn't glad to see your first posts insulting various other members on a personal basis and having a crack at the people who run the forum.
Making personal comments which are derogatory against other members is not wanted or needed.
Let's stick to talking and debating pinball in a healthy way.

I have wiped the slate clean Pinsanity and I say let's leave the past in the past.

In sincerity, I am glad you are back Pinsanity cause most of the time you have good advice.
I have offered you the peace flag because the forum needs all of us to get along without personal insults.
I hope you feel the same way and from today forwards differences will not remain.

Congrats on your container import. Glad u are back and hope it's for pinball discussion.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 08:01:27 PM »
good to see you back in the land of OZ  ^^^

Thanks swinks for the welcome back. Good to hear from you.

Got your PM and will reply via email privately.

Welcome back Pinsanity. He, yeah I'm glad you are back as I've been called you or your besty several times  :lol  I would have explained we've never met, I live in a different state & I have zero interest in the politics of the pinball scene, but I've learned it's best to hit ignore. One AP member did advise me early on with the quote, "Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." This is very good advice - just took me a while to take it. Anyway, all good now. Looks like you've had a pretty good break seeing those choices - good stuff.

Good advice mate and will take it on board. Just skimming through posts and various forum interactions over the last six weeks and haven't seen any real change in personality for the better despite sincere advice being given at the time.

Never had a problem with management on AP, but there is always going to be the occasional rotten apple that continually tries to divert a thread no matter what the subject matter is.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:10:46 PM by pinsanity »

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 08:07:47 PM »
good to see you back in the land of OZ  ^^^

Thanks swinks for the welcome back. Good to hear from you.

Got your PM and will reply via email privately.

Good advice mate and will take it on board. Just skimming through posts and various forum interactions over the last six weeks and haven't seen any real change in personality despite sincere advice being given at the time.

Never had a a problem with management on AP, but there is always going to be the occasional rotten apple that continually tries to divert a thread no matter what the subject matter is.

like   ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 10:28:04 PM »
Good to see you back.. I high fived you at the door

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 08:37:47 PM »
Good to see you back.. I high fived you at the door

^^^