Author Topic: The Getaway pinball on e-Bay Overpriced.  (Read 2851 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The Getaway pinball on e-Bay Overpriced.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
High end restorations get good money - if there's a collector with Funhouse on his list he'll be all over the APR game - might take a while & the buyer may negotiate the price down a bit - but it is a beautifully restored pin.

^This.

So many people underestimate the outlay that goes into any decent restoration regardless of who the restorer is. Take the price for a base level game and then add a couple thousand in parts and labour just to get the machine back to factory fresh, let alone the further costs of adding aftermarket accoutrements to get it better than new (chrome plating, custom illuminated aprons et al).

There will always be a market segment that is willing to pay a high end price for high end quality, just as there will also be a segment that wants to get their hands dirty and prefers machines that are virtually straight out of the container.

The caveat being is that you need to know the market to be able to determine which machine is worth restoring back to its former glory and which machine is best sold as is.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 10:43:42 AM »
Pinball collecting is a disease. I will spend too much money on a game because I want to/need to and I know I will never get that money back unless I find another me. I see the same with car fanatics. Sure there are some titles where this can break the rule but I'm not in it for the cash. Good luck to both sellers, but if either are over priced, they'll find out soon enough when they hear crickets.  
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 09:21:15 PM »
Pinball collecting is a disease. I will spend too much money on a game because I want to/need to and I know I will never get that money back unless I find another me. I see the same with car fanatics. Sure there are some titles where this can break the rule but I'm not in it for the cash. Good luck to both sellers, but if either are over priced, they'll find out soon enough when they hear crickets.  

+1 couldn't agree more.

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 04:39:49 PM »

+1 couldn't agree more.

+2.  I do think though high-end restos can take a while to sell - so crickets for a while mightn't mean it's overpriced. Crickets for 2 or 3 months - yes, overpriced!! I'd love an APR Getaway resto one-day - but it"s not the money it's the size of the queue!
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 07:58:33 PM »
Now surely this IS overpriced????

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-PINBALL-MACHINE-ORIGINAL-IN-GREAT-CONDITION-/141691153353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fd736bc9
not as much as the $20K I want for my bally 1979 Space Invaders  %.% Its very rare now according to me and the manual lets me set the replay scores and stuff. It even comes with one shiney steel ball

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 08:01:33 PM »
Now surely this IS overpriced????

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/STAR-WARS-DATA-EAST-PINBALL-MACHINE-ORIGINAL-IN-GREAT-CONDITION-/141691153353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item20fd736bc9
not as much as the $20K I want for my bally 1979 Space Invaders  %.% Its very rare now according to me and the manual lets me set the replay scores and stuff. It even comes with one shiney steel ball

I stand corrected  %.%

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 09:06:52 PM »
to be honest if viewed in the same way as my spacies, I did a little surf of ebay for the first time in a long time and I think I saw 3 listings with prices between $4850-5500. So use that exchange rate for the space invader and multiply the star wars actual value and you get close to $7K+. I have cracked the code  $#$. Now once you have this exchange rate, divide listings on ebay, you can get the true value of any game.

Stay tuned for my master class on decrypting de******ions on ebay like 'does not work but probably a blown fuse'.  &&
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:09:32 PM by pinball god »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 12:04:15 AM »
to be honest if viewed in the same way as my spacies, I did a little surf of ebay for the first time in a long time and I think I saw 3 listings with prices between $4850-5500. So use that exchange rate for the space invader and multiply the star wars actual value and you get close to $7K+. I have cracked the code  $#$. Now once you have this exchange rate, divide listings on ebay, you can get the true value of any game.

Stay tuned for my master class on decrypting de******ions on ebay like 'does not work but probably a blown fuse'.  &&

The problem that dealers have not worked out is that inflating pinball prices on fleabay that remain unsold pinballs for months leads to the buying public assuming that they don't sell because the prices are too high and the level of workmanship is as low as possible. This becomes a fact and the cycle continues. Public perception is very important these days. no one is perfect, but listing games at twice their value does not work anymore these days.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia