Author Topic: FirePower Why such a big hole  (Read 453 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
FirePower Why such a big hole
« on: June 13, 2015, 07:00:08 PM »
Hi Guys

Been hunting around for a firepower for a while now found this one on Ebay (not thinking of buying this one just one I was checking it out).
Seems to be very nice except for this big hole in the side of the back box. What is the purpose of such a big hole only thing that comes to mind is that someone got a bit carried away drilling out a lock....what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161732206548?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: FirePower Why such a big hole
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 07:27:49 PM »
as you say, they must have needed to drill out the lock, still could not open the backbox so had to cut out the lock?

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 07:59:39 PM »
I can't believe they are asking nearly $4000 for a Firepower and can't include a decent set of center targets and one flipper is way off alignment. For that sort of money, should be at least a 9.5/10
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »
I can't believe they are asking nearly $4000 for a Firepower and can't include a decent set of center targets and one flipper is way off alignment. For that sort of money, should be at least a 9.5/10

The key to this is that they are "asking" for $4000. Like the space Invaders that has been on eBay for years - There's no harm in asking for 3 times the value of the game. The question is - is there a sucker who will fall for it ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 10:32:14 PM »
Williams - Fire Power - Restored Pinball Machine

Or

Williams - Fire Power - Resawed Pinball Machine

!@#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 11:06:16 PM »

The key to this is that they are "asking" for $4000. Like the space Invaders that has been on eBay for years - There's no harm in asking for 3 times the value of the game. The question is - is there a sucker who will fall for it ?

I know why they ask for those sorts of dollars but I think most people have wised up and wouldn't pay those dollars for unrestored machines which is obvious by the amount of time these machines sit unsold.

I don't know about others but when I see prices so far out of whack it puts me off contacting the seller because I assume they wouldn't move enough on their prices. I could be wrong but that's the impression I'm left with.

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 10:45:41 AM »
What does everyone think would be a fair price to offer on this machine?

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »
My theory on stupid prices on ebay.....it costs nothing to list now so you just relist in hope. Charge them $10-$20 a go and they may only list once or think a little harder about relisting 20-30 times
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 05:42:00 PM »
What does everyone think would be a fair price to offer on this machine?

Difficult to say.. new BG and PF throws a spanner in the works. They are NOT LED displays as listed.. they are original neon displays.

Back box has been badly drilled out by someone who doesn't know what they are doing.
Normally for a good FP.. bit of flaking on the BG ( all have this)...original PF id say around $1400 in working condition.
Its NEVER a $4K machine even with a new PF etc.. no one is going to pay that for an FP.
Throw a PF and BG into the mix and top price id say would be in the region of $2400... any more and you'd be doing yourself a disfavour IMO

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2015, 05:53:47 PM »

I know why they ask for those sorts of dollars but I think most people have wised up and wouldn't pay those dollars for unrestored machines which is obvious by the amount of time these machines sit unsold.

I don't know about others but when I see prices so far out of whack it puts me off contacting the seller because I assume they wouldn't move enough on their prices. I could be wrong but that's the impression I'm left with.

Sellers that list games at massively inflated prices are the same sellers complaining that they can't sell machines. It is never their fault - it is the "tight arse" buyers. Most astute collectors and hobbyists have worked out who legit sellers are.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia