Author Topic: Price check - Cirqus Voltaire  (Read 1808 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Price check - Cirqus Voltaire
« on: June 14, 2015, 11:16:53 PM »
Guys, we all know this is a very popular pin, but what do you think an unrestored game in reasonable/good original condition is really worth? After realistic price ideas given current the market. Cheers, Andy.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Price check - Cirqus Voltaire
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:05:40 AM »
6k base price in good condition.

Anything under that won't be for sale for long.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 12:20:58 AM by pinsanity »

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
Thanks guys. Boots, the gumtree pin is the one that made me ask. I would one day love a CV - but it is my grail pin & I want it in grail pin condition. For me this means either excellent original or professionally restored. This particular one is too rich (for me anyway) but I wondered what the realistic price is. If this sells near the asking price then I'm in for a lot of $ if I ever get one. For high-end pins I've come to the conclusion it's better to buy them already restored.

Pinsanity, thanks - I think you are correct.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 09:05:54 AM »
Guys, we all know this is a very popular pin, but what do you think an unrestored game in reasonable/good original condition is really worth? After realistic price ideas given current the market. Cheers, Andy.

Unrestored = Straight out of the container pin ? Dealers / Importers won't part with this title "as is". Far too hard to source these days, and it is slowly climbing the ladder to MB territory - as in price and desirability

Excellent original = $7000+.

High end restoration - $9000+.

The game in the auction would be worth $7000 in my view. Dealers were selling poorly "done up" CV's for $7500 6-7 years ago. I would expect their prices to be up around $8000 - $9000.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 09:26:57 AM »
Okay, thanks Nino. Well the seller may end up getting $7k upwards then. Good luck to him. That's why I feel on something costing this much it's better to top it up & buy the high-end restored game (same with GnR). My other pins I'm happy to have players in very good condition. Anyway, love this game - this vid (if it works) shows how amazing this pin can look:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jBObS1ZzwzE

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
Nino,s pricing is spot on.

An original game in excellent condition bare minimum 7k.

Add 2 k for Resto Magic making it 9.

I have seen these sell for 8 to 10 grand 5 years ago when absolutely mint machines-home use only games were coming out of containers.

I remember Damien from South Australia (friend of Jufge Boz) had the best one I have ever seen and he had been offerered over ten and wouldn't sell it. Some people will never let these go.

Even at 7 grand minimum in excellent condition, there will have to be a miracle involved for someone to let one go for that money.

MonsterBash , Medi Evil Madness and this title are glued to the floor for the right reasons.
Very hard to find them cheap and still in great condition.
Right place and right time for one of these green beauties.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 07:17:27 PM »
Thanks guys. Boots, the gumtree pin is the one that made me ask. I would one day love a CV - but it is my grail pin & I want it in grail pin condition. For me this means either excellent original or professionally restored. This particular one is too rich (for me anyway) but I wondered what the realistic price is. If this sells near the asking price then I'm in for a lot of $ if I ever get one. For high-end pins I've come to the conclusion it's better to buy them already restored.

Here's a benchmark for you, andy based on an actual sale of mine at $8k. If you allow approx 2k worth of chrome and aftermarket mods and work backwards that should give you a good indication of my buy price for a good condition stock standard machine.  #@#

Fully restored and chromed (including a chromed coin door) with aftermarket mods. Thanks for retropin for the custom made tri-colour neon.  ^^^

Note the coin door - an Aussie delivered CV now residing in the land of the long white cloud.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:23:07 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »
Stunning !

That's the standard I want mine to be once I restore mine. awesome !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 07:37:46 PM »

Here's a benchmark for you, andy based on an actual sale of mine at $8k. If you allow approx 2k worth of chrome and aftermarket mods and work backwards that should give you a good indication of my buy price for a good condition stock standard machine.  #@#

Fully restored and chromed (including a chromed coin door) with aftermarket mods. Thanks for retropin for the custom made tri-colour neon.  ^^^

Note the coin door - an Aussie delivered CV now residing in the land of the long white cloud.

I remember this beauty from when you had it and a few other high end "A" list resto's up for sale a few years back. I still think about them from time to time...blew my mind  ^^^

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 08:05:23 PM »
Thanks guys, I held on to the CV for a long time after the other machines sold as I couldn't bear to part with it but ultimately it got to the point where I didn't want to play it out of fear of damaging it so I it made sense to offload it for someone else to enjoy.

With the dollar conversion at the time and the international air freight charges and various costs it cost the buyer in NZ close to 13k, but he was insistent that he had to have it as there was nothing comparable to it over there.

Relating back to the OP, if I was doing this as a business, rather than as a private on the side hobby I would have no qualms at all about adding between another 1-2k on top of the end 8k sale price to cover restoration time and effort and not selling simply for a break even price point.

Since the ebay sale mentioned is a private seller and based on the pictures and des c r i ption seemingly hasn't done a great deal to the machine I can't really see the value at the opening price being there in a stock standard machine unless you were buying just for the sake of getting your hands on one.

Speaking of which I do have another in stock so now I get the enjoyment of going through it all again.  ^^^

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 08:38:02 PM »
That is stunning!!! Fantastic work on that CV Pinsanity. It must have been difficult to part with, thanks for putting some perspective into the price points on this machine with those stunning pictures.  ^^^

Offline el_timbo86

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
    • Hot Rodded Pins
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 08:57:31 PM »
That is stunning!!! Fantastic work on that CV Pinsanity. It must have been difficult to part with, thanks for putting some perspective into the price points on this machine with those stunning pictures.  ^^^

+1  #*# Awesome work mate

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 08:58:11 PM »
Yeah, stunning is the word. That's a real show pony Pinsanity (& part of why I love this pin so much). Really brilliant - thanks for sharing!

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »
Definitely is an amazing looking game (particularly Pinsanity's old one!). I haven't played one enough to say whether its a better player or not to Theatre of Magic (similar theme, time of release etc).  I really enjoy Theatre, only sold mine a few weeks ago after owning it for 5 years, time for a bit of a change.