Author Topic: AC/DC Pinball Stolen.  (Read 1528 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: AC/DC Pinball Stolen.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 05:37:05 PM »
What a shame.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 05:40:06 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 05:58:16 PM »
Bad luck but shit happens I guess.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 07:08:09 PM »

!!@  @@*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 07:19:23 PM »

The irony. Stolen pinball machine......

Can't wait for Strangeways to read this one.....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 07:57:33 PM »
A good idea is to register your serial numbers on IPDB and have your serial numbers written on your purchase receipts which can help later with Police or anyone saying that the machine is in dispute.

Karma catches up with all thieves.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »
Publicity stunt  %.%

But seriously PSPA have multiple cameras on their exterior and looks well fortified. No mention of this in the article. How would the thieves know there was a NIB in a particular container out the back? You'd think you would bring an LE inside and not leave it in the container! It would take balls and a fair bit of planning to carry this out.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 08:26:32 PM »
Publicity stunt  %.%

But seriously PSPA have multiple cameras on their exterior and looks well fortified. No mention of this in the article. How would the thieves know there was a NIB in a particular container out the back? You'd think you would bring an LE inside and not leave it in the container! It would take balls and a fair bit of planning to carry this out.

Hehe - "well fortified"  %.%  No comment your honour. And did anyone find it amusing that he says "The theft has rocked the factory". Of course it has - it's AC f'n DC.

And "Sen-Constable Collins said inquiries were still pending, but he believed the theft was carried out by three to four people." ROFL. This is the funniest thing I've seen on AP, even including someone a little "out there".

Ps. quite the heist %$%  At least it's an LE - isn't that as useless as stealing the Mona Lisa (but much heavier).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:41:48 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »

!!@  @@*

!*!
Just another first world problem.
 :tumble:
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 09:36:00 PM »
Publicity stunt  %.%

Hehe - "well fortified"  %.%  No comment your honour. And did anyone find it amusing that he says "The theft has rocked the factory". Of course it has - it's AC f'n DC.

And "Sen-Constable Collins said inquiries were still pending, but he believed the theft was carried out by three to four people." ROFL. This is the funniest thing I've seen on AP, even including someone a little "out there".

Ps. quite the heist %$%  At least it's an LE - isn't that as useless as stealing the Mona Lisa (but much heavier).

Well I concede that a chain link fence is far from fortification!

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 09:41:59 PM »
Publicity stunt  %.%

No, wasn't haven't a go at all - I agree!! I just find it all very strange. It is indeed well-fortified, it needs to be. It has high chain fence, cctv,
would be chained shut all round. They took 1 item & knew where to find it. And it took 2 med to big guys minimum (or Capt America) - & it's ltd edition, big, weighs 200 pounds. And the perpetrators all have huge index & middle fingers. I'd like this case if a detective - should be solved by now.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:45:06 PM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:25 PM »
I'd like this case if a detective - should be done by now.

Not to worry, Bargearse is on the case.  :lol

Just needs some coffee (motor oil) with those doughnuts (car tyres) to get motivated.  #@#

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 10:23:24 PM »
Publicity stunt  %.%

No, wasn't haven't a go at all - I agree!! I just find it all very strange. It is indeed well-fortified, it needs to be. It has high chain fence, cctv,
would be chained shut all round. They took 1 item & knew where to find it. And it took 2 med to big guys minimum (or Capt America) - & it's ltd edition, big, weighs 200 pounds. And the perpetrators all have huge index & middle fingers. I'd like this case if a detective - should be solved by now.

I knew you weren't having a go, I was wondering if you knew something we didn't!!

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
I'd like this case if a detective - should be done by now.

Not to worry, Bargearse is on the case.  :lol

Just needs some coffee (motor oil) with those doughnuts (car tyres) to get motivated.  #@#

Thanks for this Pinsanity - good for a laugh. Mick Molloy & Tony Martin were a great combination. BTW, did I read somewhere on AP that Mark C has an hourly pinball restoration rate higher than a barrister (start at around $525 per hour (inc. GST)?). Surely this was in jest  *%*. I guess that's why he's so upset about losing the machine - it's not the cash value, it's the sentimental value. His dad must be an old rocker.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »

... an hourly pinball restoration rate higher than a barrister (start at around $525 per hour (inc. GST)?)...

Cheap barrister!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”