Author Topic: How do you move machines around when you purchase them???  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Signal1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions....I will get one of those lift things

Offline mitchjjam

• Forum Posts:
It is amazing that there is no actually pinball trolley specifically made for the.
Job.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
There is but not many will pay for one.

Offline Toads

• Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
That's a bit expensive I think, if you are able to weld your self.
For that money you could buy a MIG Welder and go in with some mates, make half a dozen and have a welder at the end of it.

Or for around $200 you can buy the one from Machinery Warehouse

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I have one of these....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Trolley-/281730397275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item419870b45b

I wouldn't be without it.

That one listed for $560 is apx $360 overpriced.
A company up here was selling them for $199.
They are only good for lifting a machine slightly off the ground to do legs.
Any huge movement and the Jack collapses back on itself.

If you are going to spend money. The flat top red lifters from machinery house are the way to go.
Even Tony's (Ant68) pinball skates are a bargain and work perfectly.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
My red top lifter from Machinery House lost its gas pressure while lifting a 1989 machine... now if I want to lift anything and keep it there, I have to chock a piece of wood into the base to prevent any loss of height

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Yes, after using a couple of them I have found the red top lifters from MH a bit hit and miss as well after prolonged frequent use with a largeish inventory of machines.

Toads suggestion looks like a viable ready made alternative. Might give that model a go instead. Thanks for the heads up.  ^^^
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:08:46 PM by pinsanity »

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Has anyone tried these? They seem not to take up to much space. I have thought about getting them.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Machine-Lifters-Removers-Set-of-2-/181781835959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a530ab0b7

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Yes, after using a couple of them I have found the red top lifters from MH a bit hit and miss as well after prolonged frequent use with a largeish inventory of machines.

Toads suggestion looks like a viable ready made alternative. Might give that model a go instead. Thanks for the heads up.  ^^^

Takes up almost as much space as the machine though... looks like the lifter is a car jack

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Has anyone tried these? They seem not to take up to much space. I have thought about getting them.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Machine-Lifters-Removers-Set-of-2-/181781835959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a530ab0b7

Have near a dozen sets of those pinball skates.
Great when u are moving the whole collection from one location to another.
The $100 price tag is Apx cost. These used to cost over double that price.
A lot of us know the importer in Brisbane and he is a good bloke.

If you have only one machine, then buying skates is the go.
If u have lots of machines the $300 red lifter from machinery house is the go.
Used mine for years and for 50 plus machines and it's still like new.

The car jack style lifter is the bottom end and the design is really for lifting only to take legs off.
Some models are better than others.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline DSB

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
    • OMNI Electrical & Data
Have near a dozen sets of those pinball skates.
Great when u are moving the whole collection from one location to another.
The $100 price tag is Apx cost. These used to cost over double that price.
A lot of us know the importer in Brisbane and he is a good bloke.

Thanks, I think I will invest in a pair.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
My red top lifter from Machinery House lost its gas pressure while lifting a 1989 machine... now if I want to lift anything and keep it there, I have to chock a piece of wood into the base to prevent any loss of height

They are hydraulic not gas, have you checked the oil level or adjusted the stop valve?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
There is no better pintrolley that the original one Dad bought from the USA in the 70's. This trolley was used extensively to move Bally bingo games. It has never missed a beat. I also use the Machinery Warehouse trolley. This is different in that the rear 2 wheels are fixed - so it is a little more harder to move games through corners, but it keeps a straight line. I cut a sheet of rubber and glued it to the trolley so machines don't slide. I also have the Gamemaster's Trolley (Greg's) and it is very good quality. I've seen the cheap junk copies, and they don't last long. Often look like they were welded by a child. If you raise them too far, they fold over and catapult the machine.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
A funny story about putting pins on pinball movers for those interested in a laugh.

I was moving some pins from my house to the new property and we were rushing it.

The machine I was moving next was Godzilla. This was a gift from a good friend who got it for me as a surprise when he got a Jap container in. It's fun and has sentimental value due to my friends kindness.

I attached the pinball skates to both ends of the Pinny and it was right to go.
My brother and I ducked inside to get a drink before we moved the machine.
As we walked outside, the machine, on skates, took off down the driveway which was steep and headed off down the street at 20 miles an hour. We were 25 metres behind it and were trying to catch up and grab it. But we couldn't catch up to it.
Amazingly, it travelled down the hill without crashing, didn't hit any cars and finally came to a rest whilst spinning like a bottle top on the pinball skates. Not a scratch.

I was sure it was going to smash and be a complete write off. But, not a mark on it. A miracle if I ever saw one.
To this day, a few years later, my brother and I say to each other " I thought you were holding it", then we burst out laughing. It was like Godzilla wanted to take one last run down the street causing havoc and scaring the hell out of people. It certainly scared me !

I am sure if the neighbours were watching, it would have been Benny Hill music all the way !
Who said moving pins was a boring exercise ! Lol