Author Topic: medieval madness for sale  (Read 373 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
medieval madness for sale
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »
Sorry for being misleading, but I bet you looked with anticipation like I would. I've definitely noticed the lack of this title available for purchase. Why is this so? Do owners just love it so much that they'd never part with it? I know very little about this title and have played it only once.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline bigdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • WTB: Phantom of the Opera
Re: medieval madness for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
Got me!

Yeah I played it only a few times at a local arcade. Pretty cool game, but unfortunately the sited one was in crappy condition. Sure does have some cool themes and toys on the playfield. I liked the trolls and castle. Anyway check out this link for what a top machine with all the bling would be like to play. http://www.pinballcenter.eu/english/videos/medieval-madness/ Now I got you!
WTB - Phantom of the Opera

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:41:21 PM »

I'll probably get flamed for this - I don't personally rate MM at all.

If we take the excessive price tag off this title, and judge it on its playability - It would be behind Circus Voltaire and Scared Stiff. Just mentioning that Scared stiff is better than MM, may raise the proverbial eyebrow, but I play a few games on MM and I feel it is a couple of repetitive ramp shots, knock down the castle, and belt the trolls.

For the same price as an MM, you could own a CV, SS and have change for a few projects.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 08:46:41 PM »
Got me!

Yeah I played it only a few times at a local arcade. Pretty cool game, but unfortunately the sited one was in crappy condition. Sure does have some cool themes and toys on the playfield. I liked the trolls and castle. Anyway check out this link for what a top machine with all the bling would be like to play. http://www.pinballcenter.eu/english/videos/medieval-madness/ Now I got you!
Nice vid, shows the machine off to the max.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »

If we take the excessive price tag off this title, and judge it on its playability - It would be behind Circus Voltaire and Scared Stiff. Just mentioning that Scared stiff is better than MM, may raise the proverbial eyebrow, but I play a few games on MM and I feel it is a couple of repetitive ramp shots, knock down the castle, and belt the trolls.

For the same price as an MM, you could own a CV, SS and have change for a few projects.
Like stated only played it once and have to agree somewhat. I actually played it for about 15mins and still had the ball in play when I walked away. Not that I didn't like but it was pretty easy (maybe I just had a good game??)

But I see MB's, CV's SS's but no MM's for sale. I did see a nice reco one at Mark's 2 weeks ago. The guy got it done to the max. Very impressive!!!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 09:23:33 PM »
I think it is an enjoyable pin to play, having had a pretty good bash on it at the Bushfire Aid Meet and Greet. Admittedly there were other ones I enjoyed more.

What makes the price so high - is it rarity (with around 4,000 made you wouldn't have thought it that rare) or some other factor?

MarkC seemed to have had a few for sale over the last few months. I think I saw a re-decaled one there just recently.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:40:57 PM »
The list of pinball players who don't rate MM that high is a lot bigger than you'd think. Played it a few times over the years, and one day decided to buy one if I liked it after putting some games on it at a dealer's who had one waiting for me to try. So off I went ready to try and buy. When I got there, next to it was a clapped out AFM which I grinned at, having a nice one of my own at home.

Played the MM for a few games, and while it is a fun game as I remembered it, I was not really inspired. Without much thought I moved over to the crappy AFM, started and played out a game, grinning from ear to ear - until the thought crossed my mind "I just drive an hour to look at and maybe buy an MM, and here I am having more fun playing an AFM, and mine at home is tonnes better"

Needless to say, I left with my wallet intact!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:37:20 PM »
Played the MM for a few games, and while it is a fun game as I remembered it, I was not really inspired.

Ah, yeah, that describes it well - fun, but not inspiring. But maybe if I had stuck at it longer I might have got to enjoy it more.

Still, it must inspire some people given the prices they go for.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 12:50:27 AM »

I won't flame you. I totally agree, MM doesn't really do it for me either.
Don't get me wrong it's a nice game but I don't think it really deserves the high prices it fetches.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 10:57:16 PM »

Like stated only played it once and have to agree somewhat. I actually played it for about 15mins and still had the ball in play when I walked away. Not that I didn't like but it was pretty easy (maybe I just had a good game??)

But I see MB's, CV's SS's but no MM's for sale. I did see a nice reco one at Mark's 2 weeks ago. The guy got it done to the max. Very impressive!!!

thanks mate

yes that MM is still there and sold
has new playfield
so many new parts

I do have another due in a week or so  but its been pre sold

i normally get 1- 2 a year and they go VERY quickly

mark

ps I still have one at home too ...

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 10:58:28 PM »
I think it is an enjoyable pin to play, having had a pretty good bash on it at the Bushfire Aid Meet and Greet. Admittedly there were other ones I enjoyed more.

What makes the price so high - is it rarity (with around 4,000 made you wouldn't have thought it that rare) or some other factor?

MarkC seemed to have had a few for sale over the last few months. I think I saw a re-decaled one there just recently.

thanks ANdrew

yes the one at the meet was MINE from home
the one you saw was the other one we had pre sold and also went to a member here

mark

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 12:47:51 AM »

Hmm, no-one's answered my question yet. What makes these things worth so much? Is it like the Holy Grail of pinball machines to some people??

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 02:35:58 AM »

Hmm, no-one's answered my question yet. What makes these things worth so much? Is it like the Holy Grail of pinball machines to some people??

i guess this is the question
is it because most go to private homes  now when they come up ,  that very few are left on site
I always have people waiting on them ,  I guess  this is why they are being remade.
demand is very high and suppoly is short
its a love hate game , you can play for 30 seconds or go for 30 mins  on a ball

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 09:56:52 AM »

Hard to answer that question - I think it would be because it is a "fanboi pinball" ? The "Legendary MM" ? I think it is because the title / theme is original. Having said that, so is Fishtales. I honestly can't give you a valid reason. It is the "Fathom" of DMD machines ?

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia