Author Topic: Dreamworld unveils Peter Brock exhibit plans  (Read 3603 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Dreamworld unveils Peter Brock exhibit plans
« on: September 04, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »
Gold Coast theme park Dreamworld has unveiled plans for an interactive motorsport precinct, which will feature a host of Peter Brock race cars.

Great News!!! $#$

See link below for further info...

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/09/03/dreamworld-unveils-peter-brock-exhibit-plans/
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Dreamworld unveils Peter Brock exhibit plans
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »
That's awesome :) might have to have a holiday lol

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 09:20:43 PM »
Awesome, I heard that they were going to relocate it to the Gold Coast but didn't  know about the plans to have it at Dreamworld!
Now if only that wally that was supposed to open a Pinball Museum here also would get something done about it! been hearing about it for years..  @.@

Cheers: Brettski... :)

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 04:53:10 PM »
Just had a Dreamworld flyer delivered in my letterbox today advising that the Brocky museum opens on boxing day.  $#$
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »
Awesome, I heard that they were going to relocate it to the Gold Coast but didn't  know about the plans to have it at Dreamworld!
Now if only that wally that was supposed to open a Pinball Museum here also would get something done about it! been hearing about it for years..  @.@

I can't see a dedicated pinball museum being a viable standalone operation unless they attach it to one of the existing theme parks as per the Brock Museum and piggyback off the existing crowd numbers who have already paid to get through the gate.

Pinball is still regarded a fringe group interest to most people - which is something that needs to change for it to survive.

Even that blowhard MP for Fairfax couldn't manage to keep a dinosaur park solvent in the months leading up to the release of Jurassic World.   #@#

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 11:40:50 AM »
Just had a Dreamworld flyer delivered in my letterbox today advising that the Brocky museum opens on boxing day.  $#$

I thought it would not be too far away. I saw a photo last week of 3 of his Bathurst cars on a flat bed truck together

Offline Brettski

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »

I can't see a dedicated pinball museum being a viable standalone operation unless they attach it to one of the existing theme parks as per the Brock Museum and piggyback off the existing crowd numbers who have already paid to get through the gate.

Pinball is still regarded a fringe group interest to most people - which is something that needs to change for it to survive.

Even that blowhard MP for Fairfax couldn't manage to keep a dinosaur park solvent in the months leading up to the release of Jurassic World.   #@#

Would explain why this never eventuated ...  https://justonemoregame.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/australian-pinball-museum-first-pics/

Shame as the idea was good.

:)