Author Topic: I guess it wasnt all bad at least the pinball god's were smiling on me  (Read 314 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Got home from work Thursday night to find water running down the hallway. Turned out one of those flexible braided water lines had burst in the vanity unit and mains pressure water had be flowing freely for however many hours we don't know.
Water damage to the whole front of our house 3 rooms totally covered and all boards,carpets,skirts and anything on the floor or in the bottom of cupboards trashed.
Clean up crew and damage assessor here Thursday night till 1 am and Friday afternoon sucking up what they could and since then 8 centrifugal fans and 2 big dehumidifiers have been running flat out until Tuesday when they come back to re asses and pull up some floor to see whats going on under the house.....not easy sleeping here at the moment with the noise and smell but we cant really move out due to our pets.
Anyway the one bit of good news from all of this is the front right corner of the house must be slightly higher...look where the water line stopped.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Wow, they were watching out for your games! I've had two of those damn flexi cable bust - both times in our ensuite, and both times we were home fortunately (one time we were just about to leave for a weekend away!)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Smiling, hell no, do you know how much effort it took holding back that water waiting for you to get home  ^.^. Jeeeeez I'm absolutely stuffed doing it all on my lonesome.

Good to see the games made it out alive  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Wow, they were watching out for your games! I've had two of those damn flexi cable bust - both times in our ensuite, and both times we were home fortunately (one time we were just about to leave for a weekend away!)
The insurance guy said those Flexi pipes are the most common cause of floods. They should be banned I reason they are just rubber in the middle. I checked out all the others in the house and a couple look suss I plan on getting a plumber to switch them all over to copper tails.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Smiling, hell no, do you know how much effort it took holding back that water waiting for you to get home  ^.^. Jeeeeez I'm absolutely stuffed doing it all on my lonesome.

Good to see the games made it out alive  ^^^

I forgot to thank you so thank you. I guess that only the legs would have got wet anyway but thanks all the same  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Holy crap that was close !

I hope the insurance pays up quickly so you can get back to playing your games.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia