Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 467 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Knock Knock
« on: November 06, 2015, 09:05:05 AM »
Knock Knock?

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
Re: Knock Knock
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »
Who's there?

Fire Power!

Arrived 7.30 this morning. More pics and a gameplay clip to follow after I set her up.  ^^^

Thanks for everyone's help/advice on my search for this one.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »
Should be an interesting story !

Well done  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »
Great Game, one of my favourites! Well done on finally getting one ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
Super happy for you Tim. I sure know how much of a grail game this has been for you! Look forward to the story and pics!  #*#
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »
Finally!!!!

And im assuming its not decaled?

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
Thanks Guys very happy just set it up played a couple of games and it plays very nice, multiball second game.
No decals Gav all original cabinet in pretty good nic with good color. The whole game is original with the usual bumps and bruises for a 35 year old game but as long as they play nice and are reliable that's the way I like em a bit of wear and tear adds to the charter in my opinion.
As well as a pretty decent cabinet the backglass presents well compared to a lot I have seen as does the playfield. Both have a couple of touch ups/wear spots but no big deal.New driver board as well.
I saw this machine for sale at the start of this year but at the time I was looking at another one closer to home which fell through and by the time I got back to this one it had sold. I looked back through the old add and noticed the buyer made a comment that it was his second FP so I took a punt and contacted him and asked him if he was interested in selling and lucky for me he was and the rest is history.
He was a great guy to deal with very honest explaining all the machines pros and cons in great detail and providing heaps of pics..even thought I hadn't viewed the machine I felt very comfortable dealing with him. In chatting about different things it turns out he knows Nino and said to say giday to you Nino his name is Jeff and he is from Gosford and is into a lot of the same machines as you..said you would know him.
One question I did notice that one of the LED's under the playfield remained slightly illuminated after I turned the machine off and even remained on when I unplugged it from the wall....any ideas??
Here are a few more pics will do a game play video when I get used to it.
Cheers...Tim
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:34:12 PM by spacejam0 »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 09:09:29 PM »
One question I did notice that one of the LED's under the playfield remained slightly illuminated after I turned the machine off and even remained on when I unplugged it from the wall....any ideas??

Probably has a cap tied to it somehow... LED will gradually dim as cap discharges

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 09:14:59 PM »
Nice one mate.  Good things to those who wait

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 09:51:28 PM »
Looks nice!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 10:11:43 PM »
Thanks Guys very happy just set it up played a couple of games and it plays very nice, multiball second game.
No decals Gav all original cabinet in pretty good nic with good color. The whole game is original with the usual bumps and bruises for a 35 year old game but as long as they play nice and are reliable that's the way I like em a bit of wear and tear adds to the charter in my opinion.
As well as a pretty decent cabinet the backglass presents well compared to a lot I have seen as does the playfield. Both have a couple of touch ups/wear spots but no big deal.New driver board as well.
I saw this machine for sale at the start of this year but at the time I was looking at another one closer to home which fell through and by the time I got back to this one it had sold. I looked back through the old add and noticed the buyer made a comment that it was his second FP so I took a punt and contacted him and asked him if he was interested in selling and lucky for me he was and the rest is history.
He was a great guy to deal with very honest explaining all the machines pros and cons in great detail and providing heaps of pics..even thought I hadn't viewed the machine I felt very comfortable dealing with him. In chatting about different things it turns out he knows Nino and said to say giday to you Nino his name is Jeff and he is from Gosford and is into a lot of the same machines as you..said you would know him.
Here are a few more pics will do a game play video when I get used to it.
Cheers...Tim

I know Jeff - he is a great guy to deal with. Straight up and honest. you have a VERY well looked after game - so I'm pleased you now own his former machine.

LEDs behave differently than incandescent. Different quality in LEDs and the way new technology works on old hardware.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 11:02:29 PM »
Thanks Tim and Nino for the kind words and I'm happy Tim that your quest has come to a happy outcome. Its a cracker of a game Firepower and always one that you think, Hmmm just one more game *%*

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 11:18:11 PM »
Thanks Tim and Nino for the kind words and I'm happy Tim that your quest has come to a happy outcome. Its a cracker of a game Firepower and always one that you think, Hmmm just one more game *%*
Hi Jeff
I didn't even realize you were a member here..opps.
Your right about just one more game mate not sure if im going to get any sleep tonight always chasing that multi ball it doesn't give it up easy and when you do get it its all over pretty quick.
Oh well im off for one more game before bed.
Thanks again for the great game.

Offline jpd

• Forum Posts:
  • central coast, New South Wales
  • Scrambled human circut boards
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 11:30:19 PM »
The game is currently set at a medium mode via dip switch settings i.e you have to hit all 6 standups in one ball to light up one of the three randomly selected ball save/locks. If you don't hit all 6 centre targets in that ball its not saved so start again - gives you a bit a target to aim for.
Well done on getting multiball 2nd game in. Its a frustrating game at times as you work hard at building multiball and its so easily lost.
Tip is getting the spinner lit + excellent points right there