Author Topic: Alpha Testing  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
Alpha Testing
« on: October 14, 2008, 10:17:51 AM »
Alpha testing will start in a few weeks.  It will be nice to put the code in someone else's hands and see how it does.  Before anyone asks, alpha testing is very limited to people who are close to us in Michigan (USA.) We want people who are close so they are within driving distance if there are any big issues we couldn't solve remotely. 

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
Re: Alpha Testing
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »
Good stuff Chuck!

I hope all goes as smoothly as possible for the Alpha testing... I know from past experience that things can go a bit haywire. And with pinballs, you really do need different people and of different ages playing the machine - they all will play their own way, and will probably pick up on things here and there.

Good luck!!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:04:18 PM »
Looking forward to the results, hope it all goes well Chuck
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline PinWiz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:14:36 AM »
Does that mean you all are done coding? Well except for bug fixes? Great progress.

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 11:31:05 AM »
Does that mean you all are done coding? Well except for bug fixes? Great progress.

We are coding the last module now (menu system for nucore options.)  Once that's done we're basically finished for version one.  Now, we will go back a clean up some things.  There are a few things that really bug me even though they work.  But cleaning up those issues shouldn't take long at all.  This seemed at times to be an insurmountable task.  I can finally see this finish line in the distance and it makes me very happy =)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 01:57:58 PM »
Congrats Chuck for the achievements - not just the amazinging technical ones, but in also standing up and seeing this through. Well done!

(PS - when as the WB kits going to be available?*)*)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 02:05:19 PM »
(PS - when as the WB kits going to be available?*)*)

Really soon now.  And that's from an extremely unreliable source  *%*
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:16:39 PM by Chuck »

Offline PinWiz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »
it is great to describe a finish line in the future.