Author Topic: Servicing Machines in the Western Dist. ( Warrnambool)  (Read 7294 times)

Offline lanternau

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Servicing Machines in the Western Dist. ( Warrnambool)
« on: December 03, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »
I have a mate who is looking a siting a few pinballs. He is a bit worried about servicing / repairing when and if the need occurs . Is there anyone around Warrnambool that could be called upon if needed?

Cheers

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: Servicing Machines in the Western Dist. ( Warrnambool)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:39:10 PM »
Just in case nobody is available, I suggest keeping one machine at home.  So if a fault occurs with a sited machine, all he needs to do is swap the machine out.  Then he can fix the pin in slower time.

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 08:20:45 PM »

He is looking at getting a few....I would help him out but i am 3 hours away. there was/is a member in Warrnambool I was hoping to get a bite from him. I reckon cleaning and GI lighting issues etc....general stuff. Major problems ...I would address if needed.

Offline Gemini2544

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wimmera Victoria
  • Latest restore "Top Score" Two plater EM
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
I put my I.J  & a Hankin 20" table in the Shamrock hotel, Guess what happened....The Kitchen caught fire & the pub was burned out. Lucky for me the machines had a brick wall & a void which saved the machine. I would have lost both machines as there was no insurance on them.
I also placed some machines at the Commercial hotel in Rup & they went belly up. I had to fight the administrators to get my machines back, They had some weird idea that the games belonged to them. So, I advise caution when siting machines now. Get some legal forms signed so you know were you stand.
My collection- Gottleib "Wild life", "Gottleib "Top Score", Gottleib "Target Alpha", Gottleib "Cleopatra", Williams "Space Mission", Williams "Pin*Bot", Bally "Black-Rose" JJP "WOZ" & Chicago Coin "Fun land" Rifle.

Offline lanternau

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 05:07:30 PM »
Wise words! I was half thinking about putting a couple of my machines in. Too far ...too risky. They where thinking about getting a few late 90 early 2000 games and seeing if they attracted business. Good luck to them i say.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »
I put my I.J  & a Hankin 20" table in the Shamrock hotel, Guess what happened....The Kitchen caught fire & the pub was burned out. Lucky for me the machines had a brick wall & a void which saved the machine. I would have lost both machines as there was no insurance on them.
I also placed some machines at the Commercial hotel in Rup & they went belly up. I had to fight the administrators to get my machines back, They had some weird idea that the games belonged to them. So, I advise caution when siting machines now. Get some legal forms signed so you know were you stand.
mate you sure had some bad luck in your travels
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Gemini2544

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wimmera Victoria
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
I put my I.J  & a Hankin 20" table in the Shamrock hotel, Guess what happened....The Kitchen caught fire & the pub was burned out. Lucky for me the machines had a brick wall & a void which saved the machine. I would have lost both machines as there was no insurance on them.
I got a call out one day because the Hankin table wasn't working. I drove for 2 hours, and on arrival some low life had stolen the 3 pin plug off the lead. I now use molded IEC leads.
My collection- Gottleib "Wild life", "Gottleib "Top Score", Gottleib "Target Alpha", Gottleib "Cleopatra", Williams "Space Mission", Williams "Pin*Bot", Bally "Black-Rose" JJP "WOZ" & Chicago Coin "Fun land" Rifle.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 08:35:43 PM »
I put my I.J  & a Hankin 20" table in the Shamrock hotel, Guess what happened....The Kitchen caught fire & the pub was burned out. Lucky for me the machines had a brick wall & a void which saved the machine. I would have lost both machines as there was no insurance on them.
I got a call out one day because the Hankin table wasn't working. I drove for 2 hours, and on arrival some low life had stolen the 3 pin plug off the lead. I now use molded IEC leads.
if I look up jinx does your name come up  %.%
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 08:46:17 PM »
Wasn't this a restored IJ?

Offline Gemini2544

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wimmera Victoria
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »
I.J was restored after the event not before.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
I.J was restored after the event not before.

That was fortuitous.

There's a shortage of well restored IJ machines available domestically and I remember yours being one of them, Gemini.  ^^^