Author Topic: Spooky's 3rd Production Pin - Domino's Pizza  (Read 34003 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Spooky's 3rd Production Pin - Domino's Pizza
« on: December 09, 2015, 06:31:40 PM »
just announced by a Pinsider that is a Domino's Franchise owner and involved in the production run of Domino's Pizza pinball. Apparently 50 minimum orders required from Franchise owners in the US to buy and aid in a fundraiser - guessing for inside of shops or straight to the home - I am not sure about the US branches but in Aus doubt you would fit a pinball in there. Not alot known otherwise but there is a cabinet art comp for a few $100 worth of Domino's vouchers in the US.

I suppose watch out for this.

All I do know is that US guys have called for the Noid, though never heard of the Noid myself - The Noid is an iconic character from Domino's past that was the enemy to hot pizza delivery. He attempted to defeat our attempts to deliver pizza and usually ended up getting defeated in each commercial. Much like the Road Runner and Wiley E. Coyote from older cartoons here in the U.S. Here is a video link for a couple commercials

utoplay=1&rel=0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:34:27 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Spooky's 3rd Production Pin - Domino's Pizza
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:51:44 PM »
I wonder if the layout will incorporate a motorised spinning pizza assembly either in the backbox or on the playfield a'la Data East TMNT?

Any opportunity to get pinball back into the mainstream and the public's mind is a positive move.

Good luck to the guy. He is one of the few new manufacturers who has been able to stick to his production schedules.

Offline Wiked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »
Listen to Charlie's podcast from 8 days ago as he interviews the guy from Domino's and talk about the Pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 11:03:39 PM »
I wonder if the layout will incorporate a motorised spinning pizza assembly either in the backbox or on the playfield a'la Data East TMNT?

Any opportunity to get pinball back into the mainstream and the public's mind is a positive move.

Good luck to the guy. He is one of the few new manufacturers who has been able to stick to his production schedules.

Thant's the first thing I thought of. The TMNT pizza reproduced pizza decal is the wrong colour.  @@^

Domino's is a HUGE franchise. Could work well - play pinball while you wait for your pizza. Worked well in the 70's / 80's  &&
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:47:11 PM »
here is the translite for the Domino's pinball

for pinball t-shirts

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »
Would like to see this come to Aus. Might even buy a pizza while i am in store?  *%*
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 07:55:28 PM »
Adam (a Pinhead) is a marketing lawyer at head office in the US for all the divisions around the world and he is driving the project with full support from Dominos. He reached out to pinheads for ideas and I submitted a playfield sketch, some concepts and scored $100 worth of pizza meals for my 1hr effort. In the chats afterwards the difference with this pinball from Spooky is freight to Aus will most likely be with other Domino's signage etc so as long as you were happy to wait for a monthly shipment you could get a pinball freighted by Domino's and then you have to pickup from a Domino's warehouse (where ever that is).
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:10:06 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »
A more modern car on the translite would be better but maybe the old VW Bug represents the 40 yrs plus they have been going.

This will be an interesting concept.

Maybe a lot of companies could follow suit with their own pinball.

Wish every Ford Dealership in Aust had a Mustang pinball from Stern.
That's something I would market if I was AMD.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 09:07:22 PM »
Adam (a Pinhead) is a marketing lawyer at head office in the US for all the divisions around the world and he is driving the project with full support from Dominos. He reached out to pinheads for ideas and I submitted a playfield sketch, some concepts and scored $100 worth of pizza meals for my 1hr effort. In the chats afterwards the difference with this pinball from Spooky is freight to Aus will most likely be with other Domino's signage etc so as long as you were happy to wait for a monthly shipment you could get a pinball freighted by Domino's and then you have to pickup from a Domino's warehouse (where ever that is).

Well done, mate.  ^^^

This is a theme that will have far better market penetration and brand recognition than any other competitor's theme in recent memory.

And what better way to bring it to the public's attention than whilst they are waiting for their order instore.

It would be great to see if any of these units make it down here.

Good luck to Spooky pinball.

Nice touch with the Volkswagen as well. Acknowledges the company's origins perfectly.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:22:58 PM by pinsanity »

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 09:42:47 PM »
I don't eat Dominos but isn't it more a home delivery based pizza co.? The shop I pass looks like it could fit 3 people at a pinch only.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 10:15:49 PM »
here is the update from Adam on Pinside

This will serve as the official Domino's pinball machine thread. We will provide periodic updates at the top of the thread and attempt to answer questions posed in the thread.

-Adam

March 2 Update - Translite revealed as well as further art details. See below for email sent to pre-order persons and the interest list.

Good morning. Even though there have been no updates for a couple months, we have been hard at work on the Domino’s pinball machine. This email will serve as a both a recap and an update. We want these updates to be complete information so that folks do not have to look in multiple places. The big reveal in this email is that we have a final standard translite to unveil along with the artist responsible as well as our plan for future information releases.

To recap the facts so far:

Title: Domino’s Spectacular Pinball Adventure
Manufacturer: Spooky Pinball, LLC (www.spookypinball.com)
Designer: Charlie Emery
Cost: Between $4,700 and $5,500 depending on final bill of materials (BOM). All additional amounts received by Domino’s above the actual BOM will be donated to Domino’s Partners Foundation.
Models: Limited Edition model (75 - all sold) and Standard Model (no set limit on the production yet, TBD)
Model Differences: Limited Edition model will have additional art, cabinet and decorative aspects but no difference in playfield or gameplay between the models
Production Start: 2nd half of 2016, hopefully by the end of the Summer
Production Estimates: As fast as Spooky Pinball can manufacture a quality product while not taking away from any of their other pinball production. Spooky will be setting up a new 2nd production line to handle the Domino’s machine orders
Full Reveal: Spooky Pinball has booked their travel to be in attendance along with thousands of Domino’s team members at the Domino’s Pizza World Wide Rally in Las Vegas from June 19-22 to set up a prototype machine in the Domino’s Partners Foundation booth for all attendees to see and play
Additional Video Reveal: Spooky and Domino’s are working together to arrange a potential streaming video event from World Wide Rally for all those interested, more on this to come in the future
Cabinet: Standard body with similar dimensions to the other Spooky Pinball machines
Display: Full color LED display similar to the Rob Zombie’s Spookshow International pinball display from Spooky Pinball
Music: Custom music composed specially for the game
Modes: 3 overall game arcs with multiple modes within each: (1) Employee/Franchisee Modes, (2) Operations Modes and (3) Noid Battles. Mini-wizard modes at the end of each game arc along with multiple wizard modes
Noid?: Heck yes!

New Information:

Backglass/Translite and Playfield Art: Our initial plan was to utilize internal resources to produce the artwork on the game but the people who would have helped with this project are also extremely busy getting ready for the World Wide Rally with their official job duties. So Spooky and Domino’s contracted with Scott Gullicks of Riot Pinball (www.riotpinball.com) to produce the standard translite, the playfield and plastics artwork and an alternate translite. As many of you know, Scott designed and manufactured the Wrath of Olympus pinball machine, has done artwork for games on the P3 pinball platform and has produced some other incredible pinball-related art. Spooky Pinball also worked with Scott as a supplier for Wrath of Olympus. We love Scott’s style and were determined to make this machine not only a representation of Domino’s and its history but also really good pinball art. We think Scott produced an incredible piece of art that captures the history and spirit of the Domino’s brand while working with the Domino's design team and staying within the boundaries of our style guide and brand message.

Below is a low resolution copy of the artwork to hopefully make it through everyone’s email filters. You’ll see that we included items from the 55+ year history of the brand; the founder, Tom Monaghan, the first store in Ypsilanti, Michigan, a representative early delivery car, the Noid, other past mascots, old logos, an old marketing slogan, etc.

Scott has now turned his attention to drawing the playfield and plastics in the same general style and will then produce an alternative translite that will be a bit more edgy and dark. We are unsure if we will release the playfield art or the alternate translite before World Wide Rally.

Cabinet Artwork: In addition, as a result of the pinball art contest we ran, we received many cool and creative concepts and ideas for the game. We awarded the prizes as detailed in the contest but the grand prize winner was so dedicated, creative and enthusiastic about the project that we decided to contract with him to produce the full cabinet artwork as well as help with overall game design. Blake Dumesnil (www.facebook.com/BlakeDumesnilDesigns/ and BD_Designs on Pinside) is a professional graphic artist at NASA’s Johnson Space Center and pinball enthusiast from Houston, Texas who has almost completed the cabinet artwork for the machine. The cabinet will revealed in the very near future.

This team that has come together to make this machine is excited and energized by the Domino’s brand and the pinball machine as a representation of the Domino’s system. More to come as things are finalized and as we get closer to World Wide Rally. If you have any specific questions or would like to get information on ordering, please email pinball@dominos.com.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 11:49:19 PM »
I don't eat Dominos but isn't it more a home delivery based pizza co.? The shop I pass looks like it could fit 3 people at a pinch only.

US stores place a greater emphasis on the sit down style restaurant design.

Display: Full color LED display similar to the Rob Zombie’s Spookshow International pinball display from Spooky Pinball

Sounds like a winning formula right there.

Great to see you were involved with the project in some way too, swinks.  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:55:36 PM by pinsanity »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 11:58:50 PM »
Any new pinball is good for the hobby-but pinball about pizza lol no thanks. Good promotion for there business I suppose not that they need it there share price is flying high.  Don't think Gary would be worried.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »
I think the theme will be good, as the playfield will have making pizzas, delivering pizza's, employee promotions and then the Noid causing kaos. Just hope the playfield doesn't have the logo as many times as 17 times on the translite is alot.

here was my sketch with some very basic ideas and basic fan layout and then I had sent a whole heap of rule ideas which was my main input as per below - see what makes it in there otherwise was fun chatting with Adam.

here is a layout concept for a domino’s pinball.

- phone target (phone) for orders coming in say one every 60 seconds consistently
- drop targets could be for pickup or delivery - not sure on modes on this just yet but an iconic service
- 4 targets on the lhs for ingredients to make a pizza (meat, sauce, veg, cheese)
- lhs ramp for oven - pizza cooking and goes into the pizza heater feeds the rhs flipper lane
- spell noid for pizza heater block - panic multi ball and maybe some other feature depending what features are on - or depending on the mode of the game as you could play as the noid or the pizza shop
- rhs ramp is a delivery run start mode once all the ingredients are added to a pizza, lhs ramp shot to cook the pizza, and then series of arrows to chase in a time limit for gps tracking
- hidden target near the pizza wheel destroys and resets noid if a timer is on depending on the mode or another mode
- 3 pops in a random placement but like the 2 and 1 dot of dominos, to add kaos and aid and reverse the pizza making wheel - spins reverse = pizzas messed up or refunded and maybe deletes points as well - player is recorded for the most messed up pizzas
- pizza box can be run over, lift from the back to access subway to spit out there as well or else where ????, flips at the front to access a bonus target above the pizza wheel - not sure on the mech just yet but reckon something could be mastered up
- target near the rhs outline could be bonus collect tips at risk
- large pizza can be the different range of pizzas, not sure how to integrate just yet, but the circle inserts are deliveries with the centre one being for a tv, movie star. The circles behind the various arrows going to lanes can be for some sort of feature ???

hope that helps stimulate some ideas.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:07:25 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 11:45:49 PM »
One confirmed for Australia, and about 90 worldwide so far, few more down under would be nice.