Author Topic: Fathom and Centaur playfield's  (Read 473 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Fathom and Centaur playfield's
« on: December 24, 2015, 02:08:23 PM »
Limited numbers of these just up on the CPR preorder page.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Fathom and Centaur playfield's
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 02:54:25 PM »
They never do reruns, but when they do it is Fathom and centaur

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »
Guaranteed sales I guess. Good for me anyway. The playfield on my Centaur is a CPR. It was already installed when I brought it but it must have been a third or something. Definitely better than a beat original but the inserts are milky and the finish isn't as nice as my other CPR playfield's so I'm in for one.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 11:40:28 PM »
Guaranteed sales I guess. Good for me anyway. The playfield on my Centaur is a CPR. It was already installed when I brought it but it must have been a third or something. Definitely better than a beat original but the inserts are milky and the finish isn't as nice as my other CPR playfield's so I'm in for one.

The buyer of the original playfield would most likely be aware of the fact the playfield would have been a Bronze (based on your description). This is one of the reasons we pushed for the different classifications. The problem always was that sellers can claim it is "CPR Product" - but not advise of the classification.

Centaur and Fathom will ALWAYS sell. I'd be surprised if Centaur would still be available at this stage.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 09:32:58 AM »

The buyer of the original playfield would most likely be aware of the fact the playfield would have been a Bronze (based on your de******ion). This is one of the reasons we pushed for the different classifications. The problem always was that sellers can claim it is "CPR Product" - but not advise of the classification.

Centaur and Fathom will ALWAYS sell. I'd be surprised if Centaur would still be available at this stage.

Yep, the introduction of a "gold", "silver" or "bronze" stamp on the newer CPR playfield's was a great idea.

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 10:47:45 AM »
Nino do you get any of these playfields in as a CPR distributor?

I am curious if I want a playfield in the future from CPR, do I have to order it straight from them by putting my name on the list, or will you get limited stock to sell?  Just wondering how it works?  I would be happy to support you if there was an option to purchase from you plus postage my be cheaper too???

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 11:25:44 PM »
interesting to see their new 'we will produce in 18 moths and you must buy' is working
5 playfields were announced back in November 2014

I wonder how many will be finished over the next 5 months

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 11:43:44 PM »
interesting to see their new 'we will produce in 18 moths and you must buy' is working
5 playfields were announced back in November 2014

I wonder how many will be finished over the next 5 months

I've been wondering that myself. A lot of work in not much time but I'm hoping they can do it. There's a couple I have my name down for and a couple more which were on the old list but haven't yet appeared under the new system.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
Nino do you get any of these playfields in as a CPR distributor?

I am curious if I want a playfield in the future from CPR, do I have to order it straight from them by putting my name on the list, or will you get limited stock to sell?  Just wondering how it works?  I would be happy to support you if there was an option to purchase from you plus postage my be cheaper too???

Thats not part of the current deal. We are looking at this in the New Year, but you will need to continue ordering off the CPR site as we don't keep a register as they do.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia