Author Topic: Playing Pinball What's your personal objective/goal?  (Read 520 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Playing Pinball What's your personal objective/goal?
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:53:41 PM »
This probably doesn't work for DMD machines that already have heaps of rules/odjectives but I find that with EM/SS machines I always set my own goal for each machine. This really only applies when I'm playing alone and not trying to beat someone else's score.
Here are 3 examples and in each case if I play a game on any of these machines I have to keep playing until my goal has been achieved. When I get on a bad run it has made for many a late night. I have never broken my rule but when it starts getting late I have been known to cheat and start a new game if I get a bad first ball.
1- Flash. Minimum  score of 250,000.
2-Firepower. Multiball.
3-Gorgar. Extra ball.
Anyone else do anything like this and if so let's hear them.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
My only objective is to not get caught playing pinball when I'm supposed to be mowing the lawns etc.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
My 1951 Bingo Bango is a 5 ball game and its imperative you get a good first ball as you have to have achieved a couple of features and then lose a few balls to get the PF to light up with specials etc. You require at least 1 preferably, 2 balls to hit that centre target!

My youngest game is 1980 so its always my aim is always to get the free game or extra ball... ha ha - that's as far as the code goes but its rare I get there!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
If I can play a game and learn a new cool shot or a new mission or hear a new callout I haven't heard before or see something new on a Dmd animation, then that is really fun & educational.

My main aim when playing a pinball is to relax, enjoy the designers gift of creativity and feel proud of the great pinballs I have bought because of hard work & creativity.
Self employed business people can see the brilliance in companies like Stern.
One creative thought ends up running a whole industry of pinball fun for the world.
The positivity of pinball design and its end results is what I like most about these great looking machines.
Just have fun & positivity with it all. I hate negativity in pinball.
They are polar opposites & don't belong together.

Sharing the fun of pinball with others is also very rewarding.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Clock my Surf Champ or infact any EM
Complete the second lane rollover mode on WNBJM
Get at least one letter on RBION
ALWAYS go for the skillshot on any game.
Score island treasure on GI 50,000,000
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
My aim is escapism and to go back in time. I remember that first game - where was the game first played and what was my first memory.

Every time I play a machine, I don't care for the score, the bonus or the achievement. Of course you want a good score, but I have never played a machine with the sole intention of beating the high score. I play machines to forget about "life issues".

I think sometimes time stands still while playing pinball. It is far more important to me to see the machine as a form of escapism. Nothing else in life provides this pleasure.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I play mostly to enter that little universe under the glass away from the one in my sig line.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Let off steam

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Salvation.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
For me its both an escape back in time and trying to clock my games .. EXCEPT my youngest , CFTBL .

On that one I am still trying to control the ball (ie slow it down LOL) and learn more of the ruleset (its 21 pages !)
I need more room ! and more $$$