Author Topic: It's Coon Hunt time. That's Seeburgs coon hunt you racists  (Read 15879 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well the guns done new cable installed time to start on the gun stand and coin mech section. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well dragged out the gun stand what a bloody mess.   I'd sent off all the shiney stuff to get replated ages ago (legs, coin mech casting and coin mech ). Hopefully get them back soon as the gun stand has the gun holster and there's no way to nicely store it without its legs

Got pretty excited when I removed the main plate and found some original red hopefully the flakes are big enough to get a close Color match

And this is why the games getting restored.  I knew the paint was bad but not this bad.  The video shows how bad some is the photo shows how much
Paint came off in about 10 minutes with a paint scraper well technically it was the small end of a steel ruler lol

Here's the gun holster its formed from a single piece of Masonite with a timber base and back (the flat bits)

Gun stand now completely empty sadly no hidden fortune looks like I'll have to keep working :(

Found some serial numbers not sure if there Seeburg or operator numbers

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
And you know you need a bigger shed when extending the rods on your Foosball table looks like a good work bench hahaha

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Big job, going to be a a real beauty though!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Looking forward to seeing the progress of this one Dan, gun has come up great.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Gun stand is stripped ready for primer.    I'm not going for a better than new finish I'm just going for nice.      If the dints come out they come out but I'm not going for mirror finish its 60+ years old it's going to have dints

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Gun stand is stripped ready for primer.    I'm not going for a better than new finish I'm just going for nice.      If the dints come out they come out but I'm not going for mirror finish its 60+ years old it's going to have dints

I think you *need* to ensure those dints are visible - too "perfect" would look wrong anyway, needs its age to show (I tell myself that every morning when I look in the mirror).
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well maybe there will be no dints by the time I'm  finished lol.   First coat of primer really shows any imperfections in this case complete lack of any perfection lol

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
you will be the only one who sees dents

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
you will be the only one who sees dents
Yeah your probably right Pete but when your working this close to something you tend to notice every little mark.  If anyone's looking that close I should probably just push there head into the game hahaha

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
I like dings and scratches, Just another part of the story it will tell.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
More prep work on the cab waiting for glue to dry decided I'd have a go at the instruction plate. 
  This is aliminium with the writing etched in then painted again going for nice not new.

The glue residue was a bastard to get off and in a few spots had corroded the alloy. 

Steel wool and windex to start removed what was left of the glue and levelled out the corrosion then went around the rest of it the same way till it all looked uniform.  Once that was done got out the old buff wheel on the drill and slowly buffed it till it had a shine.  I'll leave it as is for now once it's on the freshly painted game it might look like shit but I'm happy for now

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
I think it'll look good as is
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
Looks mint already , Yes see what it looks like on the game ,before maybe tackling some new paint in the lettering .
 It looks like that would be fun , not!
Love the shape of the Deco cabinet ,
 Will it be 2 toned when finished ,the cabinet? or was it just one solid colour?

One-Ball!

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Looks mint already , Yes see what it looks like on the game ,before maybe tackling some new paint in the lettering .
 It looks like that would be fun , not!
Love the shape of the Deco cabinet ,
 Will it be 2 toned when finished ,the cabinet? or was it just one solid colour?

Actual colors are undecided they will be Red with white inserts like the original pic at the start of the thread but exact colors I'm not sure on waiting for advice from other owners of the game