Author Topic: It's Coon Hunt time. That's Seeburgs coon hunt you racists  (Read 15880 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
It's Coon Hunt time. That's Seeburgs coon hunt you racists
« on: March 11, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »
Hi guys had this one a while now decided it's time to make a start.    And before you politically correct wankers start (if there's any on here)  the game is from Anerica in  1954 shooting raccoons not from the 1800s in Australia.

Game was built in 1954 by Seeburg the jukebox manufacturers and game built my a jukebox company are mechanical pieces of moving art everything is over engineered.

This machine has 1 motor that moves two  separate raccoons up l, down and from left to right and hidden Behind the tree.    For those who havnt seen one this is what it should look like

But this is what mine looks like

Normally I like to keep games as original as possible but sadly many years stored in a shed hadn't been to kind to the old girl.  Plus it had been painted burgundy at some stage in its life so I decided to give this one a full freshen up. 

Me being a dumb ass forgot to take a photo before I ripped the fun apart but the barrel was rusted and the stock had years and years of battle scars

Here is the stripped rifle.

The gun stand and target unit are suggested to be between 25-50 feet apart not sure about you guys but I'd struggle to see the little raccoon at 50 feet lol

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
"Coon Hunt" = I thought you were looking for cheese.  @@^

You have too many projects. You need to give me one. Oh wait.. I have too many projects.. !@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
"Coon Hunt" = I thought you were looking for cheese.  @@^

You have too many projects. You need to give me one. Oh wait.. I have too many projects.. !@#

I'm slowly getting through them mate. 

Learning to say no to repair work has been a really good for my collection.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Guns coming up pretty nice.  Not sure if I want to give it another coat or quit while I'm ahead?

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
I'm not a racist, I hate everyone equally.
 %$%
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Will be watching this one closely,  @@*

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
How many coats have you applied ?

It is home use only - if you are happy the way it is -  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Interesting project Dan
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
You have all the cool stuff :)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
How many coats have you applied ?

It is home use only - if you are happy the way it is -  ^^^

That's 2 coats hopefully it sees w little more than home use might give it a couple more while it's in pieces.   Little bit sad that ive lost some of the definition in the back section tiny little ridges left well alone one quick coat and they were gone well not gone but enough to annoy me

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Saw this one in person a while back before the resto. What an absolute cracker of a game! Definitely a rednecks delight, you can almost hear the banjos playing!  Can't wait to see the fully restored game!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Saw this one in person a while back before the resto. What an absolute cracker of a game! Definitely a rednecks delight, you can almost hear the banjos playing!  Can't wait to see the fully restored game!
I've seen it too pre resto. Sure does look like a red neck game, I can't wait to bring my sister along with me at the next meet and have a game. She's the best tongue kisser in town, I can vouch for that  *%*
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Saw this one in person a while back before the resto. What an absolute cracker of a game! Definitely a rednecks delight, you can almost hear the banjos playing!  Can't wait to see the fully restored game!
I've seen it too pre resto. Sure does look like a red neck game, I can't wait to bring my sister along with me at the next meet and have a game. She's the best tongue kisser in town, I can vouch for that  *%*

%.%

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well the gun is as good as it's going to get until I can chase up some suitable wire as the originals are stuffed.    Any sparkies out there?   Between the gun and the case is 5 core between the gun stand and the target is 7 core in a cotton type layer then a rubber coating?   Not looking for exacts stuff just anything 7 core that's 10mm thick and fairly flexible and strong as you would see on any arcade shooting game gun?  But with fairly chunky wires as the manual says the whole cable needs to be kept as the wires resistance is taken into the games design or something along those lines

Here's the gun roughly assembled so I don't loose any bits

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Gun's come up a treat mate
Still loving my Metallica Premium