Author Topic: Cheated By Mad Amusements? The NJ Attorney General Wants to Hear From You  (Read 3228 times)

Offline zitt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Cross posted from Pinside incase there are any victims here:

"
Hello Overseas Friends, two weeks ago I reached out to the NJ Consumer Protection Division and the office of the NJ Attorney General. Both have been in contact with me concerning Mad Amusements and his dealings with overseas clients. I know many of you have reached out to folks in the past without much luck or have had problems because of language barriers, or unaware of who to contact. I have an open dialogue going with the powers that be. In fact the Attorney General's office has opened a file.
Right now they would like to know more about the operation and some specifics from those of you that were ripped off. If you would like to pursue this matter I am more than happy to be the go between. Please PM me and I will tell you what info is needed.
"

-- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/folks-cheated-by-mad-amusements-the-nj-attorney-general-wants-to-hear-from-you

Please PM nerdygrrl on Pinside

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Interesting. I have never ordered from MAD as it was common knowledge that he was difficult to deal with. Hope some people step forward.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Thankfully there is always redress available against those who don't deliver paid for product in a timely manner or the original promised timeframe and instead string customers along with extraneous excuses.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Funny used him three times without problems. Maybe was lucky
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Funny used him three times without problems. Maybe was lucky

Same here, I've NEVER had any problems ordering or receiving parts from MAD Amusements. Having said that though i was always a bit nervous about dealing with them due to the stories i'd heard about other's bad experiences.

Only once did i have an issue where an order i'd placed had apparently got lost, i emailed him, (making sure to be polite) when i hadn't received the USPS tracking email (i waited about a week for it i think).. he replied saying the order would be resent, which it was and it arrived intact.

Offline pinballclassics

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
  • Had the Bug Since 1983!
    • Pinball Classics
Hi All,

Was cheated by MAD at the end of 2014 for $824.25 US after having reasonable dealings with him for about 4 years (about $10000 worth of orders). From both the US and Australia.
In Recent times I had him send all orders to my US address, Paid via paypal, no issues.

I placed the order in question and paid for it via PayPal 13th of November 2013 and asked to have that order shipped to Australia. Got an email back from 'Mike@' from someone calling himself JD that suggested that MAD would not accept PayPal or Credit Card for that "international" order and that I would have to use, wire transfer, western union etc instead. So MAD refunded my PayPal and as I have a business in the US, I eventually sent MAD a Check.

MAD deposited my check on the 2nd of February 2015, I received an email from MAD stating they had received my check and that after Clearance time my order would ship on the 16th. Since then I have never received my Order/Refund or any kind of response from MAD after countless attempts via various means to get a solution. So in the end I could only assume I had been a victim of Fraud.

I started researching MAD online and found not only were there a lot of bad reviews and stories of people paying for orders and having problems, but a number of large parts suppliers had not been paid for large orders sent to MAD either.

So my advice... Stay Well Clear of MAD regardless of where the order is to be shipped to, US or otherwise.

Jason McNally
jason@pinballclassics.com.au
www.pinballclassics.com.au

Telephone :  0416 1234 42 (7a-7p, 7 days)
THE place for People with a Passion for Pinball !

BUY – SELL – TRADE – SERVICE – PARTS - RESTORATION – GAME TRANSPORT – PRE/POST SALE INSPESCTIONS – PARTY HIRE

Offline zitt

• Forum Posts:
yeah - I can't for the life of me figure out why he does what he does.
I couldn't do this to my pinball breathern... or even someone I didn't like. Just isn't ethical.

I've had many dealings with you guys in Australia... you like your pinball and seem to like my products; so will continue to support you as best as I can. I just wish there was an inexpensive way to ship your direction. :(