Author Topic: Price check CFTBL  (Read 1521 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Price check CFTBL
« on: April 07, 2016, 12:14:38 PM »
Thinking about looking for one of these again :) I'm after a price check on a nice example.

1, Restored with clear coat PF new ramps and so on or:

2, A nice original example :)

I'm not after something with PF issues or something that fell out of a container lol. Don't remember seeing many resto threads on this title.  So what are they worth??

Cheers Peter.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Price check CFTBL
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:26:15 PM »
it is a nice game and Nino would know better the value of the game

I can help you with lots of mods  &&

as for value if it has no holo roughly $500 less in value but I wouldn't be phased by that as I did my own mod for a lit translucent figure and works perfectly and working on something else in the future for this space.

I am guessing $4.5 - $5k for a nice one and maybe $6-$6.5k for a restored one.

- ramps are available for about $400
- plastics set for around $200
- cabinet decals for $300

mine was a very rough cabinet 4 years ago for $2.3k but the playfield is pretty good though would need some Tim treatment and I have a IPB NOS playfield as well once I do the full restore - new cabinet, playfield, ramps and plastics
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:31:51 PM »
it is a nice game and Nino would know better the value of the game

I can help you with lots of mods  &&

as for value if it has no holo roughly $500 less in value but I wouldn't be phased by that as I did my own mod for a lit translucent figure and works perfectly and working on something else in the future for this space.

I am guessing $4.5 - $5k for a nice one and maybe $6-$6.5k for a restored one.

- ramps are available for about $400
- plastics set for around $200
- cabinet decals for $300

mine was a very rough cabinet 4 years ago for $2.3k but the playfield is pretty good though would need some Tim treatment and I have a IPB NOS playfield as well once I do the full restore - new cabinet, playfield, ramps and plastics

Cheers Jady :) yes mods you'll be my first port of call :) like the sound of your holo mod :).  Where are all the games?? Lol in collections I'm guessing.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 02:15:57 PM »
They all arrived here in a container at one stage.  @@*

Plenty of decent container stock still available overseas but a lot of the barrel scraper importers are trying to cash in by running the old line that Euro stocks have run out and are raising their asking prices on what is essentially the stock that all the other John West importers have rejected.

I had a very nice condition CFTBL in my last container a few months ago with fully working original holo and a standard shop out done, sold to a first time pinball owner for $3000AU.

swinks is pretty much spot on for a restored one though, since labour adds a large costing for a properly restored unit (100s of hours) plus new parts at retail.

I remember all that wrangling you had to go through with BAA to get that IPB playfield, swinks so I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 08:29:34 PM »
They all arrived here in a container at one stage.  @@*

Plenty of decent container stock still available overseas but a lot of the barrel scraper importers are trying to cash in by running the old line that Euro stocks have run out and are raising their asking prices on what is essentially the stock that all the other John West importers have rejected.

I had a very nice condition CFTBL in my last container a few months ago with fully working original holo and a standard shop out done, sold to a first time pinball owner for $3000AU.

swinks is pretty much spot on for a restored one though, since labour adds a large costing for a properly restored unit (100s of hours) plus new parts at retail.

I remember all that wrangling you had to go through with BAA to get that IPB playfield, swinks so I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.  ^^^

Dang - wish id known. For $3K id have snapped that baby up!

Let me know when you have a $3K CV... && &&

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 10:01:55 PM »
The dealers have driven up the price and lowered the standard of "fully done up" games.

The last one I restored was Rod's (playfield only) and prior to that I sold me really nice CFTBL to Wotto for $3500 ish (2010).

Price depends on what you want done. You can buy all the ramps and a complete (licensed) plastic set as well as the playfield window and Swink's great mods. The Next Gen artwork is available. For a NIB Restored game - top of the market, you would be looking at $7000 ish. Dealers are already asking for these prices with bootlegged plastics sets, poorly made ramps and original pop bumper bodies !

You should be able to realistically buy a decent example for around $4000.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Price check CFTBL
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 01:17:43 AM »
The dealers have driven up the price and lowered the standard of "fully done up" games.

The last one I restored was Rod's (playfield only) and prior to that I sold me really nice CFTBL to Wotto for $3500 ish (2010).

Price depends on what you want done. You can buy all the ramps and a complete (licensed) plastic set as well as the playfield window and Swink's great mods. The Next Gen artwork is available. For a NIB Restored game - top of the market, you would be looking at $7000 ish. Dealers are already asking for these prices with bootlegged plastics sets, poorly made ramps and original pop bumper bodies !

Those prices sound good Nino-thanks for your input :) you have any in stock?

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 08:30:18 AM »
yes great info and still some decent ones to be found, mine was a cheapie import from pinballshed so still needed work and rougher than told but take away the crap cabinet I have been enjoying it for years and soon will get a el timbo cabinet and she will be sweeeet

also great point of the plastics, and I have all art for the plastics so if one is impossible to find we can do a one off as a backup for the interim, plus I have a full new set for my restore but a few partial sets so don't let the plastics be a stress.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 11:34:37 AM »

Those prices sound good Nino-thanks for your input :) you have any in stock?

I have one in stock which is put aside for NIB restoration. Japanese import. cabinet REALLY rough. Can't power it on as it has had a lot of "mods" done - 5V supply is a switch mode external supply. A real MESS !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 01:42:45 PM »
I thought Jap imports are the bees knees???
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »
me too but did here that too, but also heard that many games were in areas affected by flooding from a few years back

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 05:24:18 PM »

Really? Do they look after them better?

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 05:50:14 PM »

Really? Do they look after them better?
maybe they don't paly them much so they're like huo?? I dunno
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2016, 05:53:14 PM »
these Jap ones were nice and the Congo that I had was a Jap one and it was minty

check these sited ones in Tokyo taken only within the last month

&feature=youtu.be&autoplay=1&rel=0

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 06:22:11 PM »
these Jap ones were nice and the Congo that I had was a Jap one and it was minty

check these sited ones in Tokyo taken only within the last month

&feature=youtu.be&autoplay=1&rel=0

Unbelievable :)