Author Topic: Donations  (Read 6045 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Donations
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:17:23 AM »
Hi folks. You may have noticed a PayPal donation area has been added to the top of the main page.

If you would like to make a small donation towards the upkeep of this great site, you are more than welcome! We have incurred a number of big expenses of late. Namely the shirts for Expo and associated merchandise and other paraphernalia.

Your donation is greatly appreciated. Every dollar goes towards keeping this site up and running and allows our members to enjoy great benefits and member only specials.

Once again, thank you for your ongoing support for the best pinball forum on the planet!

Regards

The Admin Team

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: Donations
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 12:42:30 AM »
After all the help and joy this site has given i just donated $10 and will hope to do some more in the future. All the help i've received and friendships that i've made on this forum more than covers it  $#$
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:44:02 AM by Ford Fairlane »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 12:48:04 AM »

We have been PM'ed in the past about a donation facility on AP. That was before we decided to get into merchandising, and we are hoping to have a few competitions and give-aways  in the future.

There are a few benefits we want to look into, but we will let the members decide after the dust has settled from Expo.

Thanks to those that have already donated, and to those that are considering it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
To those who have donated, we sincerely thank you.

You will also see an award in your profile on each post you make. It will say: "Awards: Aussie Pinball Donator"

I couldn't think of anything better to say so open to suggestions if you can think of something else.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »
good idea, and I will chip some in

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 01:31:49 PM »
Thanks. I just realised my English was not great. That should be "Aussie Pinball Donor", not "Aussie Pinball Donator". All updated.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 01:40:50 PM »
Cant speak for others but I expect no special benefits or recognition for putting a few bucks APs way. Just being part of this community is reward enough.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 02:55:52 PM »
I've just chipped in a $10 donation.

Well done to the admin team for establishing this great pinball community. Keep up the great work. $#$

Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 03:02:15 PM »
Ive just chipped in, well worth it for the help and enjoyment I get from this site.

Keep up the good work. #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 12:43:14 PM »
Tony and Nino, just an idea....

Would it be possible for members to donate pinball parts etc. they have hanging around and no longer have a use for to eBay them with the funds going back into AP? I'm often shocked at what people will buy that seems like crap to me....

I will give some extra funds to Nick when I pay for my shirt at Expo this Saturday towards the donations...just refuse to use PayPal unless it's the only means.

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »
Tony and Nino, just an idea....

Would it be possible for members to donate pinball parts etc. they have hanging around and no longer have a use for to eBay them with the funds going back into AP? I'm often shocked at what people will buy that seems like crap to me....

I will give some extra funds to Nick when I pay for my shirt at Expo this Saturday towards the donations...just refuse to use PayPal unless it's the only means.

Hey! I buy that crap -I just love the old parts (and you very generously look after me - thanks).

I've also dumped PayPal. I'm happy to donate a $10. Admin - is there a bsb number or is it easier for me to bring a tenner along to the expo?
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 09:51:29 PM »
PayPal is the only option at the moment. Handling cash is difficult. It requires the person who you give it to sending it via PayPal back to us. Depending on who is at the AP stand at the time, they may not have a PayPal account or may not even want to use PayPal.

I can give you my bank details and I can transfer it for you if you like. Email me at tcardone@tpg.com.au if you want to go down this path.

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 10:04:49 PM »
PayPal is the only option at the moment. Handling cash is difficult. It requires the person who you give it to sending it via PayPal back to us. Depending on who is at the AP stand at the time, they may not have a PayPal account or may not even want to use PayPal.

I can give you my bank details and I can transfer it for you if you like. Email me at tcardone@tpg.com.au if you want to go down this path.

I had your bsb details from Friday when I paid for AP shirt. I've just bsb'ed $10 to it for AP. I am happy to do this as this site has given me hours of pleasure and some very useful information.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
I am happy to collect at Expo for those that don't have or won't use Paypal. But can you bring along a prepared note (typed please, not handwritten) with your details (real and user name and how much you are handing me). I'll receipt the cash and do separate Paypal payments for each member when I get back.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 10:29:31 PM »

I had your bsb details from Friday when I paid for AP shirt. I've just bsb'ed $10 to it for AP. I am happy to do this as this site has given me hours of pleasure and some very useful information.
Right you are. Sorry, I forgot about that. Thanks for the donation mate!