Author Topic: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated.
« on: May 09, 2009, 10:41:18 AM »
First of all, who said that ^ =)

Second, it has been a while since I've updated you guys. It's not that I don't love you it's just that what we're working on isn't exciting for anyone right now :p I spent the last week re-writing our watchdog code that makes sure nucore runs properly and doesn't hang. What an incredible mess that was. I thought it would be easy and I was very wrong. After a lot of headaches it appears to be very solid. If nucore locks up for any reason our watchdog program will log the error and automatically reboot the system for you. Honestly I haven't gotten a bug report in 4 weeks? We're still trying to finalize the case which is our last hurdle. The audio amp required a new revision because computer power supplies stink in general. Bad ones will cause any audio amp to play "computer" sounds through the speakers (bleeps when the mouse moves, hard drive spins, etc.) This also happens with my alpine amp and a junk power supply btw.

Pinball at the Zoo was great. KOZ (John Kosmal) played RFM and got a score of 4.8 billion (yes with a B.) It's the second highest score every recorded on RFM publicly. He played for an hour or so and I ask him what he thought and he said, "It played exactly like RFM..." which made me grin. In related news Gene Cunningham is selling his prototype wizard blocks spare playfields for 20 or 25k usd. Contact him if you have that kind of money and want a one of a kind playfield. They aren't complete and don't come with roms btw.

I took a break and took the family to Disney World for a week right after PATZ. I didn'r program for a whole week! Hell, I didn't touch a computer. I feel refreshed and ready to hit at again. Release date is July and we still have a few loose ends to tie up. Soon now, soon.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
That great American, Mark Twain.

Thanks for the progress report, it has been fascinating to watch the development of this product.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Sounds like you have been a "busy boy", Chuck  %$%

.. and you were not near a Computer for a week  :D

Thanks for the report !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Good to see you back buddy, thanks for the update!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
How has the response to orders been? I hope it has been promising. Thanks for the progress report and look forward to seeing the first in OZ
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Chuck

• Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
How has the response to orders been? I hope it has been promising. Thanks for the progress report and look forward to seeing the first in OZ

The pre-orders are going well. There is no compelling reason (other than assuring you'll recieve one of the first units) to the pre-order so I'm happy. I think someone from OZ did pre-order ;-)

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
hey Chuck

thats all good news , glad to see and hear all is going well as it should

we will have to catch up soon when things slow down.

mark